Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder: Terms like “Minnowmond”, “Shrinkingwood”, “Dwindlewood” and the like belong on the bay, not the main board. Same goes for referring to either team as a minnow, when clearly neither fits that description.

If you see stuff like this, don’t respond with more of it. Click ‘report’ so we can deal with it.

OK, so your data is based on one solitary game with things such respective teams' finals droughts and ticketing processes not taken into consideration?

Gotcha.

so your data is based on uneven draws, games played on public holidays with nothing else on, and excludes years that don't suit your argument.

Gotcha

That finals game is the best measure, and it actually gives Collingwood an advantage and Richmond a handicap, that the pies need to compete.

That game was against GWS, who have no fans, your game was vs Freo, who actually have some fans, yet you still could not compete, and were 5k short.

The momentum of both clubs coming into this finals series was similar, the whole football world has been swept up in it, but you fell short, you fell short because the pies arent as big, no shame in that, Richmond is a phenomenon

That crowd number will never be beaten, unless Richmond beat it, we are on another level

Sadly Richmond bowed out of the finals this year

However the last final Richmond had the MCG v an interstate team drew 95k +
Add the 8 finals before that all drawing above 90k, something the Pies could only dream of, got 78k to the GWS prelim testament of that. There was barely 75-80k max of their own supporters there on Saturday, hence the sh!t atmosphere, big amount of neutrals went, Hawk supporting friend went to the NRL match & saw big numbers, neutral supporters going after that game finished to the G, fact, couple that with the 7-8k minimum Freo fans.

Let the minnows get excited, they know in their heart of hearts the RFC are no.1 biggest team in Vic. and are in denial. It's good being the Kings and hated again.

Add the 8 finals before that all drawing above 90k, something the Pies could only dream of, got 78k to the GWS prelim testament of that. There was barely 75-80k max of their own supporters there on Saturday, hence the sh!t atmosphere, big amount of neutrals went, Hawk supporting friend went to the NRL match & saw big numbers, neutral supporters going after that game finished to the G, fact, couple that with the 7-8k minimum Freo fans.

Let the minnows get excited, they know in their heart of hearts the RFC are no.1 biggest team in Vic. and are in denial. It's good being the Kings and hated again.

Your not even top 4. The neutrals have spoken. You are competing for 5th. If you were Kings you would have drawn over 72,000 to a game this year, any game. Come back to us when you have drawn 7 crowds over this. Tigers not in the conversation any more.

Why do you pull this garbage out like it somehow has any credence ?

Big footy polls Morgan gallop polls Facebook abd twitter likes , how desperate are you , it’s embarrassing.
Probably abit more embarrassing that majority of people, including neutrals, have said Collingwood is the correct answer, yet only you and 2-3 others are still trying to argue. There’s even been Richmond supporters in this thread who’ve said Collingwood. That’s the sad bit.

Probably abit more embarrassing that majority of people, including neutrals, have said Collingwood is the correct answer, yet only you and 2-3 others are still trying to argue. There’s even been Richmond supporters in this thread who’ve said Collingwood. That’s the sad bit.

To be fair, the fact that most bigfooty posters agree with you on anything is a signal that you may be going down the wrong path .

It took about 5 years for the bunnies on here to realize shai Bolton was any good , go through the 2016 draft thread about 10 years to understand Shane edwards, that one is an absolute ripper.

A little slow on the uptake , but I am sure you will all get there in the end .
Maybe when Karen jumps onboard you will end up agreeing lol

Till then please try and keep up .

It’s very simple , bums on seats and memberships are the key .

On both measures Richmond is clearly number 1, and has been for a while now when you compare apples with apples .

Like I said , it doesn’t suit the narrative nor does it suit the myth of collingwood, but the 1950s were a long time ago now and stuff has sorta changed .

Chin up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, the fact that most bigfooty posters agree with you on anything is a signal that you may be going down the wrong path .

It took about 5 years for the bunnies on here to realize shai Bolton was any good , go through the 2016 draft thread about 10 years to understand Shane edwards, that one is an absolute ripper.

A little slow on the uptake , but I am sure you will all get there in the end .
Maybe when Karen jumps onboard you will end up agreeing lol

Till then please try and keep up .

😂😂😂

“Waaaa majority of the people don’t agree with me so they’re all stupid!”

It’s very simple , bums on seats and memberships are the key .

On both measures Richmond is clearly number 1, and has been for a while now when you compare apples with apples .

Like I said , it doesn’t suit the narrative nor does it suit the myth of collingwood, but the 1950s were a long time ago now and stuff has sorta changed .

Chin up

“But but but, we’re number one!”

Proceeds to tell two fibs as has not actually backed up claim of being #1 in bums on seats, unlike Fadge who has actually proven Pies have gotten more bums on seats. As well as falsely claiming Tigers are #1 in memberships when they actually aren’t.

I might buy my cat and dog one of your Tiger pet memberships in 2023 incase you continue to have a melt about Collingwood being bigger.

Why do you pull this garbage out like it somehow has any credence ?

Big footy polls Morgan gallop polls Facebook abd twitter likes , how desperate are you , it’s embarrassing.

Oh Oh but we drew a big crowd once. Now that is the most embarrassing stat I have ever heard. Actually it is not even a stat.

The club that drew under 52,000 supporters to a home MCG final in the last 10 years is the best supported club….yeah, that makes perfect sense.

friday-ice-cube.gif

The club that drew under 52,000 supporters to a home MCG final in the last 10 years is the best supported club….yeah, that makes perfect sense.

friday-ice-cube.gif
Is that the same year Richmond created history by being the only club to lose a final against the 9th placed team at the end of the Home and Away season?

Thanks for bringing up 2013, it always brings a smile to my face :)

Is that the same year Richmond created history by being the only club to lose a final against the 9th placed team at the end of the Home and Away season?

Thanks for bringing up 2013, it always brings a smile to my face :)

Yes it was that year. The same year under 52k turned up to watch Collingwood in one Elimination Final and the small matter of 94,690 people turned up to watch Richmond play in the other Elimination Final. But Collingwood has the greater supporter base.

in-disbelief.gif

Yes it was that year. The same year under 52k turned up to watch Collingwood in one Elimination Final and the small matter of 94,690 people turned up to watch Richmond play in the other Elimination Final. But Collingwood has the greater supporter base.

in-disbelief.gif
The Tigers had just clocked over to 30 years since a Grand Final appearance in 2013; their supporters were obviously so desperate to get to a final, they didn't know when they'd see their next one.

A bit like you in your day on the Nightclub scene.

The Tigers had just clocked over to 30 years since a Grand Final appearance in 2013; their supporters were obviously so desperate to get to a final, they didn't know when they'd see their next one.

A bit like you in your day on the Nightclub scene.

Ok our supporters are quite deft then. They jump on the bandwagon once we are successful but at the same time were already on it because we were unsuccessful. Like a lot of your stuff Fudge, makes perfect sense.

head-shake.gif

No comment about the parallels with your days on the Nightclub scene?

Can confirm I have never pulled in a nightclub. On an international flight, in a Spanish restaurant with a waitress who enjoyed the way I mis-pronounced “gracias senorita,” a landlady or two, at a posh resort perhaps, but never at a nightclub, not my scene. 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Remove this Banner Ad

Back