Autopsy Collingwood Ducks v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t watch the last three episodes of Season 3 of Stranger Things but watched the whole of Season 4

Come At Me Lets Go GIF by UFC
Running up that hill?

What worries me with this is that you're essentially saying that when we perform poorly, it's the coaches fault.

But when we are competitive, it's all about the talent and nothing to do with coaching.

In that basis, how can a coach ever be successful?

No, simply saying I see a lot of talent in this list. Same as I (and many others, including opposition supporters) said last year.

Exactly what Clarko also said this year.

It’s not the trash everyone’s saying it is.

That’s not a direct attack on the coach. It’s not ‘if you’re saying A, by default you’re saying B’. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

There are a number of reasons this talented list hasn’t performed to its potential. I think many on the team choose when to go, choose when they try their best etc.

Is this an indictment in the coach? Bit of both. Does he inspire them? I’m not sure. Will someone with a bit stronger background of results get more out of them? Possibly. I think they will. Who could know?

For whatever reason, this isn’t working out. The players annoy the sh!t out of me sometimes. But so do selections, moves (or lack of) on game day, the way the club has been administrated, the decisions regarding our list and the way Luff and others squibbed it at the first hint of scrutiny.

A lot of things annoy me about this club. We’re a squib club in no man’s land for the most part, and things need to drastically change.

But on the initial point I’ll reiterate- the list isn’t as woeful as people make out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys.

That first three quarters. Same gameplan as all season.

Execution and initiative, miles different.

That’s good news. Everything isn’t as ****ed as you think it is.

I get it. I was filthy we didn’t win too, as we all should be.

But I saw three consecutive quarters of good North Melbourne football today.

That’s enough for me (for now). Which team have you dummy spitters been watching all season?

Philadelphia 76Ers India GIF by NBA

Last edited:
Before today I wasn't confident we could break our losing streak this season, but if we perform like that against Hawthorn and Essendon in the coming weeks we are a very good chance at ending that streak, especially as JHF should back in the line up, and perhaps Thomas.

Despite all the risks involved I have to say it. Women should umpire Womens AFL and only men should umpire the men.
I’m not a huge fan of Eleni, but I thought she was pretty good today. Made some bad calls, but was pretty good for the most part.

No, simply saying I see a lot of talent in this list. Same as I (and many others, including opposition supporters) said last year.

Exactly what Clarko also said this year.

It’s not the trash everyone’s saying it is.

That’s not a direct attack on the coach. It’s not ‘if you’re saying A, by default you’re saying B’. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

There are a number of reasons this talented list hasn’t performed to its potential. I think many on the team choose when to go, choose when they try their best etc.

Is this an indictment in the coach? Bit of both. Does he inspire them? I’m not sure. Will someone with a bit stronger background of results get more out of them? Possibly. I think they will. Who could know?

For whatever reason, this isn’t working out. The players annoy the sh!t out of me sometimes. But so do selections, moves (or lack of) on game day, the way the club has been administrated, the decisions regarding our list and the way Luff and others squibbed it at the first hint of scrutiny.

A lot of things annoy me about this club. We’re a squib club in no man’s land for the most part, and things need to drastically change.

But on the initial point I’ll reiterate- the list isn’t as woeful as people make out.

I 100% agree. Said before the year started I thought this was the best list we had assembled for 20 years and I think it might end up that way. But a lot has to happen between list assembly and performance and that is the disconnect at the moment. However, injuries over the past 3 years has really curtailed some of the young talent and has put them behind the schedule a fair bit, particularly super important players like Comben and Philips.

Guys.

That first three quarters. Same gameplan as all season.

Execution and initiative, miles different.

That’s good news. Everything isn’t as *ed as you think it is.

I get it. I was filthy we didn’t win too, as we all should be.

But I saw three consecutive quarters of good North Melbourne football today.

That’s enough for me (for now). Which team have you dummy spitters been watching?

Philadelphia 76Ers India GIF by NBA
Can I like this twice?

He didn't even watch the game.

Look, give the guy a break will you?

Sure, he didn’t watch the game. It doesn’t mean he can’t have an opinion. It certainly shouldn’t preclude him posting fifty billion times about it. Saying the exact same thing.

I mean, what’s the point of frustration if it can’t be asserted loudly as facts in direct opposition to most people’s recent experience?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Collingwood Ducks v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back