Autopsy Collingwood Ducks v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys.

That first three quarters. Same gameplan as all season.

Execution and initiative, miles different.

That’s good news. Everything isn’t as *ed as you think it is.

I get it. I was filthy we didn’t win too, as we all should be.

But I saw three consecutive quarters of good North Melbourne football today.

That’s enough for me (for now). Which team have you dummy spitters been watching all season?

Philadelphia 76Ers India GIF by NBA

You know the Philly ’trust the process’ failed though yeah?

Just finished watching the replay.

My goodness LDU was good, he’s building nicely. Powell showed a bit, McKay was good, maybe the best game Young has played, Anderson was fantastic, Larkey was good, Ziebell played well, Goldy & CJ smashed Cox and Cameron, LMac was good. Bonar was good, his closing speed is top notch, probably best at the club if I had to guess.

Should never have lost that. We went to sleep about half way through the 3rd quarter and they took the game. Can’t pin this one on the coach.

You know the Philly ’trust the process’ failed though yeah?
Of course I do. But the gif library wasn’t deep enough for the level of subtlety I wanted to impart.

LDU,McKay , larkey and young were brilliant
We lost the game due to our mids losing the clearances in the last quarter - we just couldn’t rebound it out.

There’s a few campaigners on this thread that need a good hard look at themselves- repeating the same thing over n over changes nothing.

Yes, but you seen upset that we didn’t win it.

Are you posting from 2016?
I can’t comment for Lloyd, but I am pissed for the players.

I am more upset that we we didn’t lose because what the players gave, but from idiotic moves in the coaching box.

A good coach, sorry I will rephrase that, a decent coach would not have rolled players back after 3/4 time.

The one thing that was a positive for us for 3/4 quarters was that we kept out forward structure and made Collingwood defend. Why panic at 3/4 time and go into defensive mode?

It wasn’t a coincidence that Howell dominated that last quarter when he couldn’t get into the game prior to that. The laughable thing was that we actually handed them the game on a platter and gave them the exactly what they wanted, which was a forward half game because Noble either couldn’t hold his nerve or is brainless? You choose.

People want to blame fitness, but it only played a minor part and wasn’t the major reason we lost. We hold that forward structure for the whole and don’t let Collingwood play in their front half and we win.

That change I strategy / game plan wasn’t player driven, it was an instruction from the coach.

I 100% am proud of what the boys dished up, but I am also pissed they weren’t rewarded for the effort due to tactical ineptness.

My goodness LDU was good, he’s building nicely. Powell showed a bit, McKay was good, maybe the best game Young has played, Anderson was fantastic, Larkey was good, Ziebell played well, Goldy & CJ smashed Cox and Cameron, LMac was good. Bonar was good, his closing speed is top notch, probably best at the club if I had to guess.

Should never have lost that. We went to sleep about half way through the 3rd quarter and they took the game. Can’t pin this one on the coach.
100% disagree. Tactical errors cost us the win not players going to sleep.

I’m interested to know if you were at the game or are basing this of the TV broadcast?

If people want to ignore the reason why we lost today, that’s up to them.
Well spit it out man! You're so damn criptic about this sh*t... i can't tell at all how you feel about the coach.

Yeah, same here.

About Nobes not being the issue. Maybe today's change was because of immediate feedback from Walsh. Maybe the game plan is Noble reacting to pressure from the admin or footy department and playing against his natural instincts. Maybe it just needed Walsh to tell him to back himself.

I'm not 100% sold on that idea but it can't be ignored either.

LDU supposedly went up and showed Noble support before the game, I didn't see it but read about it in a thread. He then went out and played one of the best games by a North mid that I've ever seen. He was massive today. Everyone that says he's lost the players needs to take notice of that as well. Cos it sounds like whatever happens he hasn't lost LDU
Didn’t hear about the LDU show of support. Where was that posted ferball ? Interesting.

Last edited:
As long as you are questioning my identity...are you are he/she or an it? Like to know which type of brown noser I am covering with.
There was an interesting article out a few days ago showing a link between how conservative/anti trans people are and pr0n hub search results.

I just assume these days that anyone who's obsessed enough to bring up pronouns and trans stuff out of nowhere is definitely spanking it nightly to trans pr0n.

I didn’t think we went to sleep. A few of our players started cramping and getting exhausted and Pies were finally able to step up through gears they have demonstrated they have all season, especially via Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Howe becoming more influential. Not on our coaches either way.

The fitness issue has been addressed by the club but we won’t see if the new approach works this soon.

There should be a limit applied to how many posts each person can put in the autopsy threads.
It's not fair to people who want to come here and receive interesting insights on how others saw the performance to wade through pages of repeated crap posted by people who didn't see the game, or may as well not have such is their fixation.
3 post limit sounds fair to me.

There should be a limit applied to how many posts each person can put in the autopsy threads.
It's not fair to people who want to come here and receive interesting insights on how others saw the performance to wade through pages of repeated crap posted by people who didn't see the game, or may as well not have such is their fixation.
3 post limit sounds fair to me.

Ignore button works wonders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ignore button works wonders.
I've tried it in the past, it's not a perfect solution as you end up with partial conversations...

Anyway, this is my third post in this thread so I'll add my thoughts on the game, and politely Fluck off.

LDU has quietly morphed into our best player.
Young played a break out game.
Bonars closing speed and 1v1 ability shows why we persist through his tissue paper body issues.
Larkey starting to take contested marks is promising.
Been McKay a rock in defence.
Paul Curtis always impresses, will be a player.
Stephenson's best and worst still a world apart, will be better in a better team.
Spicer has good wheels, doesn't yet look like he feels that he belongs.
Powell finally looking to move past those second year blues.

That was the first game this year that I enjoyed watching, and all the toy throwing wingers in this thread won't take away my satisfaction with the game. I don't even care that we lost.

Last edited:
I've tried it in the past, it's not a perfect solution as you end up with partial conversations...
Not perfect but feels like a blessing today.

**** now I’ve hit my three-post limit, hope I don’t have any other insights.

Disgusting. And apart from being suspended or removed from Twitter, untouchable. Needs to be called out, though, like the racism against indigenous players, otherwise they are left to deal with it on their own.

I didn’t think we went to sleep. A few of our players started cramping and getting exhausted and Pies were finally able to step up through gears they have demonstrated they have all season, especially via Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Howe becoming more influential. Not on our coaches either way.

The fitness issue has been addressed by the club but we won’t see if the new approach works this soon.
Replying to myself - another thread reminded me that one that is on the coaches is the reshuffle after Stevo went off. Mahony not an ideal choice as sub, and whatever they moved around didn’t work as well as the previous structure.

No.

I don't need to watch a *en review of a game when any half decent guy in charge would not allow us to lose.

26 points.

We even lost by over a goal, basically gave up, it's a ******* disgrace and if you think effort is enough well mate, you are sadly mistaken.

Looks like that premiership coach Hardwick also ‘allowed’ his team to lose last night after being 40 points up……

It happens in modern footy!

We’ve all been screaming for effort and glimpses of improvement and then we finally see it and lo and behold, some of us still can’t get any joy from it.

I heard Fyfe say yesterday it took them 2 years to learn Longmuir’s game plan and then it started to gel.

Let’s see what Walsh’s review brings…. in the meantime let LDU’s performance bring a smile to your face :)

It's not surprising we cramped up given the amount of games both teams play on the bigger G.

Just watched the replay. Was even more impressed with LDU’s game. That burst away from stoppage is elite, Jy could do with having a good look at the way Luke moves away from stoppage. Jy is more then capable of moving like that but doesn’t have the composure.

Young’s game was one that stood out watching it back, I was super hard on him early this season but watching that replay I didn’t appreciate his game enough live at the ground. Was tough and in everything. Easily his best game for the club. Him and LMac controlled that half back line for most the game.

Lack of fitness to run out the game was more evident watching it back. Should of won it, but they just can’t go 4qtrs.

Just watched the replay. Was even more impressed with LDU’s game. That burst away from stoppage is elite, Jy could do with having a good look at the way Luke moves away from stoppage. Jy is more then capable of moving like that but doesn’t have the composure.

Young’s game was one that stood out watching it back, I was super hard on him early this season but watching that replay I didn’t appreciate his game enough live at the ground. Was tough and in everything. Easily his best game for the club. Him and LMac controlled that half back line for most the game.

Lack of fitness to run out the game was more evident watching it back. Should of won it, but they just can’t go 4qtrs.
Young was outstanding yesterday. He's been building nicely and putting a good block of games together, but really grabbed it by the scruff of the neck against the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Collingwood Ducks v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back