Autopsy Collingwood Ducks v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Psychically mentally weak no skill no fitness picking blokes that are not up to it experience players that lack heart with no skill and panic when it gets a bit hard.
To beaten like that makes you feel sick especially to beaten by a bunch of Fu#king Cu#ts .
Maybe the players feel they like the Administrators and board of this club that they will be protected by mates of mates of mates by allowing to stuff up time after time.
I hope in many ways the AFL come in and take over and get ride of this boys club culture that has destroyed our great club.
I hope if the AFL do this they put to a hit list of people that should go.
1:That Fu#king Cu#t the Hawaiian Hustler Paul Roos.
2:All members of the Board.
3:The CEO.
4:The Coach.
5:Trade Players that will Not become Elite players EG:Thomas,Zuhaar,Simpkin.
I could say more but iv followed this club for 55 years been a member since 1988 I’m disappointed about has happened today the only time iv felt worse was the 1994 final against Geelong and 1998 Grand Final.
The supporters I feel Sorry for our young supporters that have missed the good times and may never get to see good times at our club.
I don't like Paul Roos either.

But I think we should persist with the likes of Thomas, Zuhaar and Simpkin. With a better structure they have shown capability.

But... we aren't a good team. :think:

No, you see we aren't that bad Mr Dew

We have quite a lot of talent in fact. The Pies were there for the taking today.

Hence the *wit has to go. He is actively destroying us a club with his inability to make decisions tactically.

We should have won, as we should have against Sydney and the Hawks.

It's like the Magpies a re a super team or something, we should have won today.

CCJ ,Stevo, Spicer( although he gets a little leeway due to inexperience) can’t carry these types. No heart and don’t compete.

* me mate have a spell. You've gone full Saintlys.

Never ever go full Saintlys.
No need to have a spell.

Anyone with eyes can see what happened in the last.

A decent coach sees us home easily.

I hope David ran down to the Collingwood rooms to join in the song. He got the Pies across the line with sheer incompetence.

Jeremy Howe had no impact on that game until Noble changed the forward half structure by dropping the players back.

Instead of playing the footy we played for 3/4’s we had an idiot allow Collingwood to play in their forward half due to being clueless.

A win was just thrown away.

Well done to the playing group on doing us proud, but these blokes aren’t getting any favours from the bloke in charge.
Ok we ****ing get it

Every ****ing post

We can take it as given

I was ropable in last term. Was so predictable.
As good as first three quarters were the last quarter was hopeless.
We tired but also froze.
At least we showed something for a change, but loss really stings given we haven't had an actual win for almost 12 months.
McKay stood up in last but got no help.
LDU awesome. Young fantastic for 3-4s.
Larkey great. Goldy good for 3-4s.
Luke Macs best game of year.
Leaders disappeared in last, again.
Stevo was horrific. Bailed out twice.
Taylor took some very bad options.
Spicer invisible.
Simpkin needs to do something about his disposal.

Psychically mentally weak no skill no fitness picking blokes that are not up to it experience players that lack heart with no skill and panic when it gets a bit hard.
To beaten like that makes you feel sick especially to beaten by a bunch of Fu#king Cu#ts .
Maybe the players feel they like the Administrators and board of this club that they will be protected by mates of mates of mates by allowing to stuff up time after time.
I hope in many ways the AFL come in and take over and get ride of this boys club culture that has destroyed our great club.
I hope if the AFL do this they put to a hit list of people that should go.
1:That Fu#king Cu#t the Hawaiian Hustler Paul Roos.
2:All members of the Board.
3:The CEO.
4:The Coach.
5:Trade Players that will Not become Elite players EG:Thomas,Zuhaar,Simpkin.
I could say more but iv followed this club for 55 years been a member since 1988 I’m disappointed about has happened today the only time iv felt worse was the 1994 final against Geelong and 1998 Grand Final.
The supporters I feel Sorry for our young supporters that have missed the good times and may never get to see good times at our club.
Jesus mate, want some lithium?

Too good to be true.

In previous weeks I don’t think I’ve noticed players cramping up late in games. I lost count seeing players in our team cramping up in the last quarter. Amazing how that can happen when the game is winnable.

Just goes to show you don’t have to win to show improvement and I think we’ve been waiting for this kind of performance all year.
We have all seen the famous image: The Required Effort.

We didn't get the result today but for the first time in the season I thought that we collectively ran our arses off to make both aggressive and defensive plays. But we're not the most talented list, we don't have the best gameplan or cohesion, and our fitness levels aren't high enough. We aren't a good enough team, yet, to drag ourselves off the bottom of the ladder and beat a team trying to compete in finals. But today I was proud that nonetheless we reached the stage where a multitude of players had to confront the wall of genuine physical exhaustion and try and push through it. The cramping, burning lungs, dull throbs... Remember it, get used to it. If they ever want to win some silverware they have to be willing to reach and surpass their limits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought LDU was best on ground, will probably get the 3 brownlow votes, 33 disposals, 16 contested possessions, 12 clearances 11 tackles, 791m gained, massive effort. He is usually more damaging with the ball but was playing more of an inside role today.

Greenwood started well early, was getting more of the ball, but kind of reverted back into the crab after half time, had 16 disposals with only 48m gained, you could shin a kick and get more territory covered.

Simpkin was poor, just very ineffective, has really lost his mojo, bad decision making, bad execution, when the heat went up a notch he let the team down by just turning it over at critical times. Was really poor in the last quarter.

McKay was massive down back, had periods where we were under siege and he was marking everything.

Taylor did some nice things, has shown a bit on the wing/half-back, but his light frame a real problem, has problems sticking tackles (zero tackles) or breaking what should be relatively easy opposition tackles when he has momentum, it is like he is covered in superglue when he has the ball and everyone nails him, goes to ground a bit too much due to the lack of core strength. he needs to put on at least 5kg of muscle this pre-season.

Anderson was okay, scrapped, put pressure on, got a bit of the ball, he just lacks class with the ball. When the heat turned up he panicked in the back half, turned the ball over.

Young probably most improved player on our list, given he was complete dogshit last year, being not a liability would have been a huge improvement but he played well, went when it was his turn to go, was effective with the spoil, made good decisions and hit his targets (93% DE), can't really ask for more.

Ziebell was mostly unsighted, bobbed up for a couple of goals, didn't impose himself when the heat was on in the last quarter.

Stephenson: does a few good things and is complete garbage the rest of the time. Have to either play him forward or not at all.

CCJ: Seriously mate, go for the ****ing ball when you are in the forward line, stop letting midget defenders take uncontested marks whilst you are looking around. We know you can clunk marks, why are you there if you aren't going to at least make an attempt to go for the ball?

Lazzaro: made way too many mistakes and in crunch moment pulled out of a contest. Got to go for the ball when it is your turn.

Zurhaar: Took a good mark but kneed his best mate in the back of the head in the process, is trying to be a hero but we need him to do the basics well, not doing enough.

Most of the others were okay, without being either good or shit. Boner seems to get injured 2-3 times a game, if he makes it an entire game, not sure if he is soft, injury prone or unlucky. He did some good things, feels like he could go down for the rest of the game at any contest. Harsh?

I am not sure who was playing on Daicos, whoever it was put them on my shit list, just allowed him to sag off, dude, they are looking to give him the ball, you can't let him run off whilst you ball watch.

I heard Bryce Gibbs on SEN a few weeks ago. Casually mentioned Fev, Nick Stevens, Whitnall as bad influences in terms of training standards at the club - quite something to come into as an 18 year old. When Judd arrived it changed very quickly. Judd was no nonsense and raised expectations on training standards and what it is to be a professional footballer. We need that so badly.

I don't know anything about the players but from the outside it looks like there's a genuine want from our youngsters for this to happen - WillPhil, Jy, JHF, LDU. It's so hard to build standards from the bottom up so it's really admirable. We would be well served to bring in 1 or 2 wiser heads that have been there before. Pendlebury was so good in the last quarter today - just knows what to do. We need someone with authority.
that person is CUNNINGTON

The lack of ability to bring the ball to ground in the forward half to prevent quick rebound in the last was a real let down.
It’s hard to bring the ball to when your moron coach folds players back leaving Jeremy Howe as the lose.

Don’t blame the players, they didn’t set that structure up.

Jeremy Howe had no impact on that game until Noble changed the forward half structure by dropping the players back.

Instead of playing the footy we played for 3/4’s we had an idiot allow Collingwood to play in their forward half due to being clueless.
Sidebottom, Mihocek, Elliott and even McReery were brought into the game by the failure to play the game over the entire field in Q4. There seemed to be a bit of a reversion to shorter kicks and to playing across half back which was not nearly so prominant in Q1-3. Maybe the collingwood players were more adapted to playing out a four quarter game and it might have been them that changed the way the match was played (McReery is an example) but when the game was open and fast, North were in it. When it compressed into the Collingwood half it was clear that the momentum changed.

Sometimes I feel like I’m taking crazy pills on this site. Great effort today who cares if we didn’t win. Take our medicine for 7 odd more games get priority pick or picks fast forward two years and enjoy that team from today after they take out some plodders and add tarryn, JHF, Will Phil and hopefully pick one and two from this year.

Jy could do with a game or two in the twos to get some confidence. I mean yeah, he's no Bread mckenzie even at his best kicking form, but he's proven he is usually better than this

Sidebottom, Mihocek, Elliott and even McReery were brought into the game by the failure to play the game over the entire field in Q4. There seemed to be a bit of a reversion to shorter kicks and to playing across half back which was not nearly so prominant in Q1-3. Maybe the collingwood players were more adapted to playing out a four quarter game and it might have been them that changed the way the match was played (McReery is an example) but when the game was open and fast, North were in it. When it compressed into the Collingwood half it was clear that the momentum changed.
Were you at the ground?

I can tell you why we reverted to that playstyle.

Players looked up field only to see Jeremy Howe loose by himself.

Nothing to do with four quarter efforts and more to do with lunacy in the box.

That tactic should only be used if you are 4 goals up with 10 minutes to go. Not when the game is on the line.

The players battled manfully and were let down by extremely poor coaching.

So some thoughts:

Basics:
  • If you can't tackle well, don't be surprised if teams open you up
  • The response from Ben to that letter mentioned we were well down on fitness levels as of 2020, this proves it;

Backline:
- looks so much better with McKay back there;
- Bonar was good and improves the defence as long as he doesn't fall apart;
- Really lack a decent small defender;

Midfield
- our wingman lack wheels, Daicos dominated the first half as a result. Having said that Taylor has a lot of good attributes, but his lack of speed and strength is a serious issue.
- Thought Jy might be an A grader, just doesn't look like he will make it;
- LDU is in the A grade discussion now and desperately needs a hand. JHF and TT are needed as is the 1st pick, which will be a mid, which we need ...

Forward
- Great game Larkey, needs some help but got reward today
- Jack did some nice things when he got the chance but is struggling to get into it;
- Zurhaar needs a role change to get him some kind of momentum.
- Spicer did a couple of nice things and a whole lot of nothing. Noth sure what we need to do to get him into the game more but will struggle to develop where he is/

Players of concern:
- Lazarro looked way out of it, just can't see him making it;
- Stephenson, well he looked ok at times but then put in that last quarter and some other crappy efforts. I just don't know.
- Bailey Scott looked good before injury, but on the open spaces his lack of speed shows up and he lacked composure today.
- Spicer just doesn't do enough or provide enough defensive pressure despite showing a couple of impressive pieces of play;
- CCJ was poor despite some good energy, happy to give him couple of weeks though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Collingwood Ducks v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back