Autopsy Collingwood Ducks v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s just absolute stupidity to lose the game the way we did.

The players didn’t lose this one, it was lost by incompetence.

Why change a structure that has worked all day and troubled the opposition?

I swear this bloke is the biggest issue this group has, he disadvantages this side every week with stupidity.
Eh, you might be right. But who cares.. the boys put in. They know the season is over. It's just good to see them actually having a crack. You can't be unhappy with seeing a good effort after half a season of them not giving a shit.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We're desperate for more mature bodies who can run out games.
Endurance in the 4th killed us more than anything today.
Can't believe Mahony was the medi sub, no offence to the kid but he's not someone you want to bring in during clutch moments.
We are desperate for senior players that can step up when the game is in the balance. That can recognise when momentum shifts & know what to do in response.

This isn’t about just bringing in senior players. We’ve seen how little Greenwood has brought this year in this area. It’s about bringing in a couple of real quality senior players. Unfortunately they’re not that easy to find, and we have one who is coming back from some pretty serious health issues.

Eh, you might be right. But who cares.. the boys put in. They know the season is over. It's just good to see them actually having a crack. You can't be unhappy with seeing a good effort after half a season of them not giving a s**t.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s disheartening that they weren’t rewarded for their efforts through the incompetence in the box.

Pies fans booing the umps off in a game that they kept them in it.

Wow.
The umps were not the worst today (relatively speaking) but they did ignore some scragging of Larkey and they certainly let the throws go without intervention (Pendles - looking directly at you). They did pay a few North's way that aren' always paid but overall, they still gave the easier ride to the pies - especially late in the game.

Elenni is a fraud - everybody else has said it too. She has no right to be on a football ground officiating at this level. The free she paid against Curtis late in Q4 was typical of her panic and whistle before there's even an infringement. In fact, the poor young guy was nailed with HTB a couple of times the instant he was tackled, yet he got legit handballs away. A few others were allowed to break tackles and even allowed to push into a second tackle without penalty.

The AFL has to fix this. I canonly think that they need to get back to having two umps and peel back the stupid interpretations to simplify the game. Let umpires call the serious infringements instead of having them be on the look out for interpretaive breeches and with only two we reduce the confusion that players suffer from by 1/3 due to having 1/3 fewer umpires on the field.

No surprise, our back six looked far better without Walker and Turner.
So good watching Buckets being the loose man at times.

This should be a wake up call for both Walker and Turner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Effort, we tried hard, whatever.

That is utter nonsense.

Good teams win that game.

I can't believe it's got to the point where we "trying" and "got close" is somehow acceptable logic of how we want to move forward.

It's a disgrace we lost that game considering our lead at 3tr time.

Utterly unacceptable.
Mate you didn't even watch the ****ing game.

I’d like to pot Jy, give him a drive by. His kicking is an absolute disgrace at the moment.

Trying to be as practical as possible in criticism of him, but those lazy skied snap kicks, when he has enough time and space......why has it never been couched out of him? Crazy how much he does it.

Start of each quarter was Simpkin LDU Anderson on the ball for the first 3 quarters.

LDU would come off at the 8 min mark and Greenwood would replace him

Last quarter started with Greenwood LDU and Simpkin. The mix was wrong and cost us ascendency out the guts.

Mahony came on and went straight to the wing which released Scott from Sidebottom and *ed us

Our young mids are horrendous ball watchers in transition and when the heat got turned up they constantly got to poor positions and allowed overlaps. Bailey Scott and powell big offenders here.

Frustrating as we were the better side. Hate to be a pies supporter come September on today’s viewing
How many clearances did we win in the last quarter?

That was not a collapse. We lost out of habit, pure and simple. Great effort. Larkey and LDU, just magnificent.

This is more in line with where my frustration is.

When the game was there to be won crickets.

It’s like we didn’t know how.

LDU 12 minutes on the pine in the 4th.

Too good to be true.

In previous weeks I don’t think I’ve noticed players cramping up late in games. I lost count seeing players in our team cramping up in the last quarter. Amazing how that can happen when the game is winnable.

Just goes to show you don’t have to win to show improvement and I think we’ve been waiting for this kind of performance all year.

Glass half full, we were the better team for 3 quarters against a top 8 team. We had important players out.
If we can use that as the benchmark for effort and game style then I’m happy.
Please please flog the players in pre season for running fitness, we need to be able to run out games stronger.
We also need at least one player to be able to run the wing all day .

Ran out of puff. Blokes cramping every in the last quarter.
Psychically mentally weak no skill no fitness picking blokes that are not up to it experience players that lack heart with no skill and panic when it gets a bit hard.
To beaten like that makes you feel sick especially to beaten by a bunch of Fu#king Cu#ts .
Maybe the players feel they like the Administrators and board of this club that they will be protected by mates of mates of mates by allowing to stuff up time after time.
I hope in many ways the AFL come in and take over and get ride of this boys club culture that has destroyed our great club.
I hope if the AFL do this they put to a hit list of people that should go.
1:That Fu#king Cu#t the Hawaiian Hustler Paul Roos.
2:All members of the Board.
3:The CEO.
4:The Coach.
5:Trade Players that will Not become Elite players EG:Thomas,Zuhaar,Simpkin.
I could say more but iv followed this club for 55 years been a member since 1988 I’m disappointed about has happened today the only time iv felt worse was the 1994 final against Geelong and 1998 Grand Final.
The supporters I feel Sorry for our young supporters that have missed the good times and may never get to see good times at our club.

Hi all. I come in peace, and please delete if this is considered inappropriate. You have had enough to deal with without any extraneous stuff from oppo supporters.

I just wanted to say you have an absolute jet of a player in LDU if he can produce that kind of footy on a regular basis. Did what none of our mids could muster for most of the game. Bloody outstanding.

All the best for the rest of the season and I hope that performance in the first 3/4 gives your side something to build on.

We are desperate for senior players that can step up when the game is in the balance. That can recognise when momentum shifts & know what to do in response.

This isn’t about just bringing in senior players. We’ve seen how little Greenwood has brought this year in this area. It’s about bringing in a couple of real quality senior players. Unfortunately they’re not that easy to find, and we have one who is coming back from some pretty serious health issues.
I heard Bryce Gibbs on SEN a few weeks ago. Casually mentioned Fev, Nick Stevens, Whitnall as bad influences in terms of training standards at the club - quite something to come into as an 18 year old. When Judd arrived it changed very quickly. Judd was no nonsense and raised expectations on training standards and what it is to be a professional footballer. We need that so badly.

I don't know anything about the players but from the outside it looks like there's a genuine want from our youngsters for this to happen - WillPhil, Jy, JHF, LDU. It's so hard to build standards from the bottom up so it's really admirable. We would be well served to bring in 1 or 2 wiser heads that have been there before. Pendlebury was so good in the last quarter today - just knows what to do. We need someone with authority.

Trying to be as practical as possible in criticism of him, but those lazy skied snap kicks, when he has enough time and space......why has it never been couched out of him? Crazy how much he does it.
Can’t kick over a jam tin. In the first quarter, we had a break away in a 2v1 and he kicked it into the head of the player running at him and it went down for wobbles first goal.. snaps from 35 out dip and fall short.. he is in a kicking rut, when he is out of that rut he isnt the best kick.. its really really bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Collingwood Ducks v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back