Autopsy Collingwood Past Trades Circular Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a thread to vent/ramble about past Pies FA/Trade deals so it doesn’t clog up the actual thread, for all you Shoota cost too much people and the folks that still cant get over Ginni leaving nearly 12 months later
I changed the title, that ok?

I will start.

ScUlTz (sic) CoSt Us pIcK 10. (This is at the start or end of every post from certain posters)
WhOEvEvEr We PiCKeD wItH PiCK 10 WoULd hAvE PlAyEd 300 GaMeS aNd BeEn A sTaR. (Firstly it's not pick 10 it will be pick 13 on draft night which is not that far of Schultz's value and pick 13 averages about 100 games which is what hopefully Schultz will give us)
We all agree it was not a great trade but it's not a disaster. Losing pick 2 in 2021 was a disaster but I only complained a bit about that trade before and after it occurred. But the people who make that call were gone half way through that year anyway. I'm happy to argue that with the Schultz nuffies.

I will start.

ScUlTz (sic) CoSt Us pIcK 10. (This is at the start or end of every post from certain posters)
WhOEvEvEr We PiCKeD wItH PiCK 10 WoULd hAvE PlAyEd 300 GaMeS aNd BeEn A sTaR.
Not circular enough! Lemme try;

“I can’t believe we gave up pick 10 for a total spud like Schultz. We’re lucky it wasn’t an earlier pick, if we hadn’t traded for that small pressure forward from Fremantle… I forget his name but without him we would have finished even lower and had a top 5 pick. So getting him across was stupid. With a top 5 pick imagine who we could have gotten… maybe a small forward like Leigh Matthews but better.”

At the end of 2014 when we traded Dayne Beams to the Lions and in return we got a Brisbane fringe player who will most likely be delisted in 2 years time. Apparently he’s very injury prone as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Collingwood Past Trades Circular Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back