Collingwood player involved in alleged sexual assualt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to sift through the Andrew Lovett threads you'll see there is a long time between events in the legal system.
Witness won't be required for some time.
this

and without charges being laid, cant prevent em leaving the country afaik

Scroll down and read your posting as a neutral observer and tell me you're not being juvenile.
Good luck

Girls and guys having sex, sometimes in group situations or other isn't juvenile... I'm just making light and joking around because most on here are just oblivious and think it doesn't happen and frown upon anyone who does it.

The girl was sexually assaulted - more than once - through no fault of her own - end of story

Proof? I didn't realise charges had been laid and a court had found anybody guilty yet?

But when a woman who was at a party with her boyfriend is made to have sex with a group of men, people here assume she was up for it. Just because there were footballers at the party as well.

On the other hand, what if the boyfriend teed it up and she didn't voice her objection to the people involved?

I completely agree it doesn't sound good, and repeatedly said if said people are guilty they should be sent to straight to jail. But I don't see why people are are so inclined to believe 1 article, and flame anybody who possibly suggests it may have been a girl who had morning after remorse.

So, i assume it is fair to assume that Mick Malthouse (regardless of the ourtcome ie guilty or cops drop investigation) will be yelling at the players involved "you're a rapist" ala round 3... Surely he doesnt even keep them on the list because in his mind, you're a rapist as long as you've been accused. That's all it takes.

Stop taking glee in this you fwit. Two wrongs don't make a right. People make mistakes, just because they were wrong in the past doesn't mean they should do it again just to make simpletons like you happy. For some of the St Kilda supports taking glee in another clubs sex scandal is pretty disgusting - having been through it you'd have thought you know better. I guess some people are just happy they can get a cheapshot in :rolleyes:

Girls and guys having sex, sometimes in group situations or other isn't juvenile... I'm just making light and joking around because most on here are just oblivious and think it doesn't happen and frown upon anyone who does it.

Let's have a look at this thread title for a second.

There is no reference for discussion of ones sexual conquests.
Funny maybe, but to a juvenile only.

No it dosn't. Coerced does not mean forced, it means convinced.

Coerced
1. Persuade (an unwilling person) to do something by using force or threats.
2. Obtain (something) by such means

coercion - Actual or threatened force for the purpose of compelling action by another person; the act of coercing; Use of physical or moral force to compel a person to do something, or to abstain from doing something, thereby depriving that person of the exercise of free will; A specific instance of ...

which dictonary are using????????

Let's have a look at this thread title for a second.

There is no reference for discussion of ones sexual conquests.
Funny maybe, but to a juvenile only.

I'd stop now if I were you... Im not bragging or even making claims of any description.. no one here knows what I do in my private life... My argument is simply that shit like this happens regularly and it happened in this case...

And was just an argument to the people who think the guys are automatically guilty because they were participants in group sex. It happens all the time, females pursue it all the time.. its just a part of life.. Get over it and accept it and don't judge people who wish to partake in those activities.

I'd stop now if I were you... Im not bragging or even making claims of any description.. no one here knows what I do in my private life... My argument is simply that shit like this happens regularly and it happened in this case...

And was just an argument to the people who think the guys are automatically guilty because they were participants in group sex. It happens all the time, females pursue it all the time.. its just a part of life.. Get over it and accept it and don't judge people who wish to partake in those activities.

Look mate if you really like to have your wang near other wangs that fine - just remember that NOT ALL girls who end up in a situation where there are more than one guy there actually wanted that to happen. You talk like EVERY single instance this occurs the girls is consenting. That is absolute nonsense.

The question is what constitutes 'being pressured'. Obviously physical force is over the line but if all the guys begged and pleaded would that also be considered 'being pressured'?

If a rape apparently occurs if some feels pressured but then tells no one what can you do?

What if you ask her if she feels pressured but due to the situation feels pressured to say she is not? Back to square one.

A what point does the women have to take some responsibility for voicing her feelings? People are not mind readers.

Look mate if you really like to have your wang near other wangs that fine - just remember that NOT ALL girls who end up in a situation where there are more than one guy there actually wanted that to happen. You talk like EVERY single instance this occurs the girls is consenting. That is absolute nonsense.

No its not... if it wasn't consenting she'd say no and refuse and it wouldn't happen... if it still did happen completely against her will that is rape and charges would be laid......

How many girls have you ever heard from that were in a situation like that and say they were pressured and forced and you say well why didn't you report it? And they go ahh nah its ok it doesn't matter. Because it wasn't forced and it was consensual.... People are so naive and oblivious to the fact that so many girls put themselves in this situation... plenty initiate it.. but to avoid making conclusions about themselves and others saying things they use the old pressured and forced line....

Ive seen it to many times mate.

Despite Special appearing to enjoy being in close proximity to man bits he does have a point, we can't assume the girl was innocent.

And no, by saying that I am not condoning rape or being a sexist, the people jumping to conclusions are ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No its not... if it wasn't consenting she'd say no and refuse and it wouldn't happen... if it still did happen completely against her will that is rape and charges would be laid......

How many girls have you ever heard from that were in a situation like that and say they were pressured and forced and you say well why didn't you report it? And they go ahh nah its ok it doesn't matter. Because it wasn't forced and it was consensual.... People are so naive and oblivious to the fact that so many girls put themselves in this situation... plenty initiate it.. but to avoid making conclusions about themselves and others saying things they use the old pressured and forced line....

Ive seen it to many times mate.

The problem is people are seeing it in black and white. There is only 100% consensual or rape, they don't see any middle ground.

My personal opinion is that she didn't want the group sex, was talked into it, did it and regretted it later.

The question is does that constitute a rape or just a crappy decision?

The problem is people are seeing it in black and white. There is only 100% consensual or rape, they don't see no middle ground.

My personal opinion is that she didn't want the group sex, was talked into it, did it and regretted it later.

The question is does that constitute a rape?
No. The boys have gone to Bali. No charges laid. None will be laid. Case closed. Get over it. Although the girl may be charged.

The problem is people are seeing it in black and white. There is only 100% consensual or rape, they don't see any middle ground.

The question is does that constitute a rape?

Spot on:thumbsu: Probably if I had simplified it like that I wouldn't be pissing people off so much haha

Proof? I didn't realise charges had been laid and a court had found anybody guilty yet?

Okay, everyone go home, CouchPotato here has solved the mystery and the boys are spending some time behind bars.

My post was in response to the Special88 who was giving a scenario of it being the girls fault - mine was the opposite argument.

I for one don't know any of the facts and will quite happily leave that to the police to sort out, it just pains me that so many young men (I hope their young) on these boards are so quick to support there football idols and besmirch the girls automatically.

I saw this with the Lovett incident, the Saints incident earlier in the year and again now

It doesn't say they all had sex with her at once...

It says "UP to 4 males" proceeded to have sex with her.

And that article has absolutely no credibility.

So did the cops tell the Australian what she claimed during their investigation (Come on!)

Did the alleged victim tell the press (unlikely)

Did the alleged men tell the press (highly unlikely)

The club... The AFL... I mean really, who told the Australian this as fact?

I'm reserving any judgment until facts come out rather than the unsubstantiated rumours, claims and innuendo that others have been posting based on.

That said, to those arguing that "she didn't say no" equals consent in regards to intimidation I'd ask: If five big guys walk up to you in an alley and ask for your wallet (yet don't outright threaten you) and you hand it over, should you be able to claim it as robbery or would you have consented to the transaction?

Specious reasoning perhaps but I just find the dismissal of intimidation a little disconcerting. It's possible to go along with something you don't want to because you're terrified. Whether that was the case here remains to be seen but I think, having read many of the posts on this thread, that depending on the outcome, quite a few people (on either side of the argument) will look really, really stupid.

There are no facts yet so people need to chill on making blanket statements on the incident, the players and the woman. No good can come out of premature judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back