Collingwood player involved in alleged sexual assualt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just amused at the way Pies fans have all of a sudden gone to looking for reasons ranging from attacking the credibility of reports, to blaming the girl, to all kinds of stuff. Not all Pies fans, but enough to make it tiring. When it was Milne, or Cousins, it was smug comments ad nauseum such as "culture". Yet between Didak, the Shaw's, Pendleburys tweets, and this (could go on) there is one club with a culture problem. Ill get shouted down for this and couldn't care less. Anyone who hasn't grown up at the flats in Johnson st knows that club as massive issues, always will. You won a flag. big deal. Doesnt make you good people or even admirable people.

So because a St Kilda player had sex with a school girl somehow its the Collingwood player who's the father?

So because supporters from 15 other teams have had opinions on Milne and Cousins now it appears it was only Collingwood supporters that said something negative?

Are you claiming as a Geelong supporter that you are high and mighty on the moral highground and therefore are the authority on morals?

Didn't Didak say he waas never in the car?... Malthouse never called Milne a rapist?... The trend continues?
I have no idea whether these guys are guilty or not. No-one here does.

But the public declaration was always going to be one of innocence. It always is.

That's why there was a distinct lack of shock on my part when I saw the articles containing the players' denials.

It was extremely low on the scale of news "earth-shatteringness". :)

So because a St Kilda player had sex with a school girl somehow its the Collingwood player who's the father?

So because supporters from 15 other teams have had opinions on Milne and Cousins now it appears it was only Collingwood supporters that said something negative?

Are you claiming as a Geelong supporter that you are high and mighty on the moral highground and therefore are the authority on morals?

Off topic but maybe it wasn't just one StKilda player and maybe there were players from other clubs too. I have no idea which non StKilda player it was and whether its someone involved in this case. I also have no idea which one is the father or who she's going out with now.

To infer that one is not able to determine the difference between right and wrong (very different to judging risk) because their brain has not yet matured at the age of 25 is beyond absurd. .

It's not what I am saying at all, and you DO need to read the context of my post.

Young men know right from wrong. What they are they are not good at is making the decisions about risk. They are not good at risk assessment and generally exaggerate their ability to avoid danger or dangerous situations.

You cannot prevent a young man from doing the wrong thing if his own character allows it. What you can "help" with is assisting him avoid situations where the opportunity to get into trouble is increased.

All scandals of a sexual nature, involving AFL players, could be avoided, if only the administrators adopted the measures used by the catholic church - enforced celibacy. It seems to work a treat for the church. When was the last time a catholic priest hit the front pages for his sexual pecadilloes?

Cant believe the denial of some Pies fans. And what a year it's been. To find out you're gonna be a first time father (to a school girl) a premiership player and probable inmate at Barwon, all within months. Worth getting a tattoo for each milestone i reckon...
I suppose to look on the bright side, atleast it didnt involve a girl having her head stuck in a car window or being drugged to death. Hell, down your way you stick them in your team of the century for this type of thing dont you?

Regarding the issue of consent, it can only be given 'freely' - as in the person 'giving' it cannot be asleep/unconscious/totally out of it on drugs or alcohol. Simply being drunk/affected by substances is not enough to undo the freedom of the consent given. If someone gives consent, it is valid.

As to the issue of coercion, if it turns out that the consent was given due to fraud or threat, then the perpetrator could be charged with procuring sexual penetration by threat/fraud. Separate charge to rape, because consent has been given - but a crime none the less. Interestingly enough, the maximum penalty for procuring sex penetration by threat is only 10yrs imprisonment; as opposed to 25yrs for rape. Coercion of itself does not constitute rape unless the 'coercion' goes as far as being fraud or a threat. It is analagous to a parent giving-in to the whining/begging/pleading of a child (though clearly far more serious - this was just the best example I can come up with).

Ok... So a Cop leaked the detailed information of the alleged crimes to the media (the Australian) about 24 hrs after the statement was taken?

Aren't the cops being investigated internally about how they dealt with the Milne Montagna case? And you think some cop... on the take has access to this sort of intricate details of a investigation that no charges have been laid and that cop thinks he can get away with leaking information about an active investigation?

As you weighed up this was the most plausible scenario... but really - isn't the cop breaking the law by leaking details of a criminal investigation... surely the cop would be shi**ing himself over the repercussions. And then all it would take is for the cops to go to a judge and get the Australian to enforce disclosing who the information came from and Bingo... every cop in Australia know the person that leaked the info is a traitor to the Police!

No way this story the Australian has printed has any credibility.

It is an offence under the Police Regulations Act for a member of Police (or former member) to disclose any information they have obtained in the course of their service with Victoria Police. There have been numerous prosecutions of this over the past few years...

I think a lot of people will be disappointed if it is reveled that the Collingwood players involved did nothing wrong.

Pretty sad indictment on most of you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a lot of people will be disappointed if it is reveled that the Collingwood players involved did nothing wrong.

Pretty sad indictment on most of you.

Ask Mr Montagna what will happen if it is revealed that the players did nothing wrong, or Lindy Chamberlain for that matter.

Unfortunately, even if that is the case, the players in question will wear the "rapist" allegations for the rest of their lives.

I know it must be just about impossible to keep alleged perpetrator names out of the public domain but in my mind, the alleged perpetrators identity should be protected as much as the alleged victims. Until such tiime as a conviction is made.

Ask Mr Montagna what will happen if it is revealed that the players did nothing wrong, or Lindy Chamberlain for that matter.
Montagna never gets the attention that Milne gets over the allegations. He is a well liked player unlike Milne who is a tiprat that everyone hates & it is the easiest thing to bag him about.

If the Collingwood player is found not guilty, he will recieve the same treatment as Milne, it's the way small minded people work.

Montagna never gets the attention that Milne gets over the allegations. He is a well liked player unlike Milne who is a tiprat that everyone hates & it is the easiest thing to bag him about.

If the Collingwood player is found not guilty, he will recieve the same treatment as Milne, it's the way small minded people work.

Yet he still carries the stigma to an extent. This would seem to be pretty unfair considering that has never even been alleged to have done anything wrong ( in real life - plenty on BF have made allegations ). He was questioned about the event and that was the extent of it.
Thats what I'm getting at here, If a Collingwood player was questioned because he saw some NRL guys pack raping a girl, he will still be convicted, drawn out and quartered on BF.

Agreed, Milne u just love to hate regardless....I would’ve call him a midget / jockey / little sh*t even if all that stuff didn’t happen.. I don’t mind montagna and never really rubbished him at games, well I would as much as the next opposition player.

Cant speak for others….

I don't think Joey Montagna really cops it at all tbh. I reckon Milney cops it just cause people don't like him, and it's just something that's stuck. I reckon if it wasn't that they'd find something else to slag him off on. Not that I'm saying it's right or anything.

Yet he still carries the stigma to an extent. This would seem to be pretty unfair considering that has never even been alleged to have done anything wrong ( in real life - plenty on BF have made allegations ). He was questioned about the event and that was the extent of it.
Thats what I'm getting at here, If a Collingwood player was questioned because he saw some NRL guys pack raping a girl, he will still be convicted, drawn out and quartered on BF.
so what? :confused:

the stigma, rightly or wrongly, is a consequence of being high profile and getting themselves involved in such a situation in the first place. it hasn't stopped either from plying their trade and being quality footballers...

nb: there were allegations irl, yes? if not, what were the police investigating? :confused:

dont mind this idea at all. Bit more of an american College system would be good coupling tertiary education and work with football so that at 20-21 yrs of age these blokes are mentally ready for the AFL life

imo if the guys in question are charged and found guilty then theres no spot for them in the side, nobody is irreplaceable and nobody is above the team

I think youll find a 21 year old male is still 3-5 years from full maturity... likely to have the same problems..

Machorandysavage is a low life. He would be rapped if say, some innocent woman was r*ped and murdered, and the purportraters were Collingwood players. He will be dissapointed if, the Collingwood players are innocent (in legal terms) and are not the culprits in this case... (which is the mail coming throught)

He would be absolutely wrapped if a tragedy happened, heavan forbid, a coupld of our players were tragically killed in car accidents. He's a low life basically, and should be treated accordingly.

Wow.. just wow.

I don't think Joey Montagna really cops it at all tbh. I reckon Milney cops it just cause people don't like him, and it's just something that's stuck. I reckon if it wasn't that they'd find something else to slag him off on. Not that I'm saying it's right or anything.

This. Montagna cops nothing as far as I'm aware. Milne cops it for the same reason Didak cops it (has that arrogant look about him, and because of his past, regardless of whether it's right or wrong, is the easiest thing to bag him about). Milne isn't the only one who cops that kind of thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back