Collingwood player involved in alleged sexual assualt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See that is why the media and many Pie fans are flogs.

1/ At no stage were there any FACTS offered to support such a claim that the Club was inolved.

Just some bullshit theory put up by the media...and 100% denied by the club.

Maybe a policeman who supported the Saints in his own mind thought he was helping. Or maybe it was complete fiction as well. But at no stage was the actual club involved in any way shape or form.

2/ Any reasonable person who followed the M+M investiagtion would know that Montagna just happened to be there and that there was NEVER any possibilty of him being charged. Yet flogs still raise his name.

Milne was the only one that was actualy inverstigated to any extent....and there was no case to answer. There were no charges laid.

Yet despite this Malthouse, an official of a Football Club chose to go out of his way to incite and defame Milne, at an AFL event and then to lie about it.

At this stage no one knows really anything about the current investigation except that some form of inappropriate behaviours went on. How inappropriate the fullness of time may reveal., or it may not.

But that 2 players after all the education and training that AFL Clubs pump into them could involve themselves in what is at best a sordid matter is quite amazing. But AFL players continue to do it, and most likely will do so. again.

It will be interesting to see how the football world deals with the Premiership player....for Malthouse and the Collingwood Cheers Squad in particular have both been appalling in their behaviour. ....and these are both official parts of an AFL Club.

Maybe the rest of the Football world will be more considerate in the case that no charges are laid.

If you read my post, I said that was how I interpreted the claims made by the investigator - I'm not putting that forward as gospel.

I don't claim to know anything more about any pressure/intimidation in place - but the media certainly implied that this was the case.

When the basic premise of your argument failed, you simply switched to another, even less substantial argument.
Dressed up in what I admit is very eloquent language to try to gain credibility.
So if you want any credibility, maybe you could elaborate on that with quotes to back up your argument. But then, you and I both know that's not going to happen since there IS nothing to support allegation.

So if you want any credibility, maybe you could elaborate on that with quotes to back up your argument. But then, you and I both know that's not going to happen since there IS nothing to support allegation.

If I was in a quest for credibility this would not be the forum I would be choosing.

Jeremy Rapke wasn't the DPP at the time the brief was reviewed - it was Paul Coghlan (now Supreme Court Justice), and I don't think he's a Saints supporter.

The whole thing is moot. Do people really believe that people in those positions make corrupt decisions based on their preference for a sports team.
The premier of Victoria is a Collingwood supporter isn't he? I dont believe that for even one minute he would consider intervening.

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/39738.html
"I wonder when people - including many members of our criminal justice system - will realise that no matter what a woman is doing, wearing, drinking or taking, it is the man's responsibility not to rape her? Pretty simple, really." .................................................................... ..... Summed up accurately, it really IS that simple. A great article and common sense, written by another magpie supporter.

"I wonder when people - including many members of our criminal justice system - will realise that no matter what a woman is doing, wearing, drinking or taking, it is the man's responsibility not to rape her? Pretty simple, really." .................................................................... ..... Summed up accurately, it really IS that simple. A great article and common sense, written by another magpie supporter.
...and I for one couldn't agree more with her comments. Frankly, if either player is found to have transgressed then I would support immediate delisting. What would make more sense in those circumstances would be for them to be banned by the AFL from playing in any sanctioned competition. That said, it still has to be remembered that there are still no specifics available in regard to those two players and they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

This particular issue aside, yes everyone has a responsibility to ensure their own safety and not rely on good will and brotherhood of man to avoid becoming a crime victim. Following the logic that a woman can do, wear, drink, take what she likes then I should be able to walk around in a dodgy suburb with a $10,000 watch on, listening to my ipod while counting through the wad of 100s I just withdrew from the bank. Nobody should assault and rob me and how dare society say what I can and can't wear or where I'm 'allowed' to walk around. I should then be allowed to go back to some dodgy strangers house I just met because he's invited me back for a few drinks and a chat.

Why is there no onus on people to protect and be responsible for themselves anymore? Well there is, 70% of people supported Spida's comments for example but a (very) vocal minority want to take a "no care, no responsibility" attitude to personal welfare. Of course after the fact a victim needs to be protected and the justice system allowed to run it's course, but wouldn't it be better to prevent the situation occuring in the first place and not relying on criminals (rapists) to be chivalrous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milne and Montagna still cop the 'rapist' tag even though they were cleared. Once names are released to the media...it's guilty until proven innocent.

<one of the players> will carry this tag for the rest of his life now even though he may well have done nothing wrong.

As far as we know, both players were mere witnesses. We have no facts on the investigation.

Why the need to name the players publicly??

Once the name is out in the public forum...it changes everything. We all know the names of the players who were involved in knocking up the school-girl...yet we forgot about it quickly because their names were never released. Same goes to the players who have strikes to their name.

Mitchell has crossed the line.

Let's just wait for all the facts to come out. If guilty, these players are going to cop it. They will deservedly be sacked and be charged. So why name them before the investigations are over? If guilty, they will pay their debt to society....if innocent, then they do not deserve to be humiliated as Milne and Montagna were.

So Neil Mitchell claims going public will protect other Collingwood players who may get tarnished by these claims, yet he then says the players you've named should not be judged as having done anything wrong. Great logic!

Horrible behaviour by Mitchell. Almost as worse are the news companies saying 'well someone else said it so now we're just going to run iwth it now as well'. If everyone ignored what the idiot said, hardly anyone would know.

One of the comments from the ABC article:

"So if a girl is drunk and a guy is drunk how is she not responsible for her actions but he is??"

I want to know if she actually said no or stop. If she did not, then I don't see how a crime has been committed. The Australian article mentioned that the woman felt that she was forced into it. I don't know what that means exactly. Compelled? Coerced? Supposedly she performed oral sex on someone as she left the bedroom. Did he grab her by the arm and ask her to do it? Maybe the arm grab made her feel like she was forced to do that, but again I question whether she actually said no.

It's not that simple. Men shouldn't rape women. People also shouldn't bash, rob, murder or in any other ways offend other people. But the fact is they do. People need to take responsibility for their own welfare. That does not excuse the perpetrators, but it also does not abrogate people of personal responsibility.

The second was eye watering in its sexual politics: ''Girls!! When will you learn! At 3am when you are blind drunk & you decide to go home with a guy ITS NOT FOR A CUP OF MILO!''

That's right, "girls", it's all your responsibility!
That's not what he's saying at all. He's saying that if girls go out drinking heavily and chasing guys at 3am they are putting themselves in harm's way. It's as irresponsbile as frequently walking down an alley in a dangerous part of time late at night and wondering why you get mugged. That doesn't excuse the mugger, but people need to take more care.

The complaints by some WAGs also shows their lack of common sense. Neither Spida nor Kerrie-Ann was having a go at WAGs - simply at girls who get drunk and chase footballers at 3am.

As for pack rape, especially in the case where the girl knows one or more of the assailants, of course that is inexcusable and most likely not an issue where the girl has behaved irresponsibly. I wonder what "pressured" means in that case though?

But, the warning from Spida and Kerrie-Ann should be heeded by a number of girls.

Also, naming the footballers before any investigation is completed is disgraceful.

This particular issue aside, yes everyone has a responsibility to ensure their own safety and not rely on good will and brotherhood of man to avoid becoming a crime victim. Following the logic that a woman can do, wear, drink, take what she likes then I should be able to walk around in a dodgy suburb with a $10,000 watch on, listening to my ipod while counting through the wad of 100s I just withdrew from the bank. Nobody should assault and rob me and how dare society say what I can and can't wear or where I'm 'allowed' to walk around. I should then be allowed to go back to some dodgy strangers house I just met because he's invited me back for a few drinks and a chat.

Why is there no onus on people to protect and be responsible for themselves anymore? Well there is, 70% of people supported Spida's comments for example but a (very) vocal minority want to take a "no care, no responsibility" attitude to personal welfare. Of course after the fact a victim needs to be protected and the justice system allowed to run it's course, but wouldn't it be better to prevent the situation occuring in the first place and not relying on criminals (rapists) to be chivalrous.

While the actions you have described above would be foolish, foolishness is not a crime. People should be urged not to be foolish, ( which is probably what Spider was trying to do in his own silly way ) but this foolishness cannot and should not lessen the consequnces of those comitting a crime.

Are you suggesting that people who do something foolish should be prosecuted? Sir , you are under arrest for walking up this alley at night.
Young Lady, you are under arrest for exposing your elbows, you may provoke rapists , grrrr .

Milne and Montagna still cop the 'rapist' tag even though they were cleared. Once names are released to the media...it's guilty until proven innocent.

They were 'cleared' but were never proven innocent, :( and these latest allegations will probably be the same scenario all over again. Collingwood players cleared, without being proven innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back