Collingwood player involved in alleged sexual assualt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some drunk and hyped up 18 year old Carlton supporter that has no clue about AFL that has a twitter account and is active in Bay 13 is not a source...

There is no way in hell we are going to sack the 2 Non-premiership players unless they did something illegal and are charged by police (with evidence) Then and only then would I speculate about an imminent sacking

If they are crap players you might, its that time of year.

Just to clarify the situation, my understanding of the Milne/Montagna case is that the brief of evidence which was compiled by Police was presented to the DPP for an opinion as to whether the evidence in the brief is enough to warrant charges. From the available evidence, the decision was made that a prosecution would not likely be successful.

I don't think there is any suggestion of a wide-ranging conspiracy, just that certain evidence went missing during the investigation stage and thus couldn't be relied upon in the event of a prosecution. The inference (as I saw it) from the media articles a few months back are that some pro-St Kilda police members helped it go missing; possibly as a result of some pressure to do so.

If it is one of the players as reported *unofficially* then he has big wraps on him from MM...I know things will change after this episode but he is right up there as one of his "pets" (e.g. Leon, Toovey, Caff)

could not be bothered reading the whole 58 pages of this topic- I've read enough to say the following...

Disappointed with Collingwood (& any other) supporters who are quick to jump on the high moral ground, when there is mostly speculation.

Let the facts come out first.

I condemn sexual assault, but I also condemn those who cry wolf- people are responsible for their own actions.

I have no inside story on this (whereas others might), so do not interpret my comments as only suggesting "the girl was at fault".

I have heard enough "rape" cases, where the lady claimed rape, yet was using it as a defence for their own promiscuity- this makes genuine rape victims disgusted...

I think that Milne and Montagna were named fairly quickly...

The Wizard Cup Final was 13th March 2004
Allegedly the incident took place on Sunday 14th March 2004

The Club then released the names of the players on Tuesday 16th of March - http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2004/03/16/1067113.htm
Partly they were protecting any other players from scandalous reporting (isn't this the issue where Kosi was wrongly named by Hutchy?) and partly they stood up for the players, defended their innocence of the report and said they would stick by them while the police undertook their investigation.

Why won't Collingwood do the same? Would it be because history (i.e. the Milne and Montagna case) has shown that players will be shamed and then targetted by players, supporters and coaches alike for the rest of their playing days?

Maybe they don't want to hang their players out to dry in the event that no crime has been committed. I'm sure that if/when it becomes clear that one of the players is going to be charged, then the club will obviously make a statement.

Slippery Eddie has always adopted the moral high ground, as we saw with the severe action taken against Didak and Shaw...pffft.... Weak as p*ss Eddie and Collingwood.......Flags ahead of integrity..

Yeah, cause suspending two of our best players for the rest of the year, including finals was weak. Maybe if Carlton had have taken some type of action against Fev earlier on, his behaviour wouldn't have escalated to what ended up costing him his career at your club. Eddie's handling of the Didak/Shaw incident has seen them both become better players, and, touch wood... they've stayed out of trouble since.

possibly as a result of some pressure to do so.

See that is why the media and many Pie fans are flogs.

1/ At no stage were there any FACTS offered to support such a claim that the Club was inolved.

Just some bullshit theory put up by the media...and 100% denied by the club.

Maybe a policeman who supported the Saints in his own mind thought he was helping. Or maybe it was complete fiction as well. But at no stage was the actual club involved in any way shape or form.

2/ Any reasonable person who followed the M+M investiagtion would know that Montagna just happened to be there and that there was NEVER any possibilty of him being charged. Yet flogs still raise his name.

Milne was the only one that was actualy inverstigated to any extent....and there was no case to answer. There were no charges laid.

Yet despite this Malthouse, an official of a Football Club chose to go out of his way to incite and defame Milne, at an AFL event and then to lie about it.

At this stage no one knows really anything about the current investigation except that some form of inappropriate behaviours went on. How inappropriate the fullness of time may reveal., or it may not.

But that 2 players after all the education and training that AFL Clubs pump into them could involve themselves in what is at best a sordid matter is quite amazing. But AFL players continue to do it, and most likely will do so. again.

It will be interesting to see how the football world deals with the Premiership player....for Malthouse and the Collingwood Cheers Squad in particular have both been appalling in their behaviour. ....and these are both official parts of an AFL Club.

Maybe the rest of the Football world will be more considerate in the case that no charges are laid.

Some drunk and hyped up 18 year old Carlton supporter that has no clue about AFL that has a twitter account and is active in Bay 13 is not a source...

There is no way in hell we are going to sack the 2 Non-premiership players unless they did something illegal and are charged by police (with evidence) Then and only then would I speculate about an imminent sacking

personally i dont care what you believe. my sources are very credible. and are very close to this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love how every time there's a Collingwood scandal every flog out there all of a sudden has more sources than Caroline Wilson.

Not sure how the law works but it seems everyone else here does so I'll ask, if someone is under serious threat of being charged for something of this nature, would they still be allowed to go to Bali? This is a serious question, not sarcasm.

Gotta love how every time there's a Collingwood scandal every flog out there all of a sudden has more sources than Caroline Wilson.

Not sure how the law works but it seems everyone else here does so I'll ask, if someone is under serious threat of being charged for something of this nature, would they still be allowed to go to Bali? This is a serious question, not sarcasm.

Yes i think they would be allowed to travel, they have not been charged and they would pose no great flight risk.

EFA Caro has Thources......:)

You're in the wrong place here then. QC's only!

Wouldn't imagine someone going to Bali would be too much of a problem. Can't see too much happening for a little while yet.

Then the shit might hit the fan.

Any intelligent person ( cheap marketing type sentence structure ) can see that you are changing your argument as you go along.
Ovbiously from your inference in this statement you have very litte confidence in our legal system. If you believe that police could be so easily influenced by their preference of a particular sports club, one can only imagine how corrupted they would become if "real" political or criminal force was applied.
Since in this case the former detective ( who you partially quoted ) did in fact present all of the evidence to the DPP, and obviously did not present it in a way that favoured Milne, your "prima facie" evidence does not strongly suggest that charges should have been laid. Rather it suggests that you are presenting biased views, in argument of Milnes guilt . Further evidence of this is that you later changed your argument to suggest that the initial investigation was seen by the public to be in some way improper. This was not the case.
Blind Freddy can see that you have misconstrued and misquoted so many times that now you're really clutching at straws. In context, my words were in explanation of why the public and the media have made certain assertions as is obvious if you read all of my posts. Taking individual quotes out of context against a background of attributing statements to me that you physically cannot prove is the oldest child's trick in the world. Sadly for you, people here can read for themselves and see that you simply have no leg to stand on.

Blind Freddy can see that you have misconstrued and misquoted so many times that now you're really clutching at straws. In context, my words were in explanation of why the public and the media have made certain assertions as is obvious if you read all of my posts. Taking individual quotes out of context against a background of attributing statements to me that you physically cannot prove is the oldest child's trick in the world. Sadly for you, people here can read for themselves and see that you simply have no leg to stand on.

When the basic premise of your argument failed, you simply switched to another, even less substantial argument.
Dressed up in what I admit is very eloquent language to try to gain credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back