Collingwood supporters wishing to rub the Saints' collective nose in it re: Luke Ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Dal Santo Injury

946743-brownlow-medal-blue-carpet.jpg

"Dal, you can't write that on a kid's footy jumper!" "Oh, he's one of them ... proceed!"

Ummm ahem cough splatter... What makes you bad??? Where do I start...

Why not start with beating the living shit out of a cleaner at Federation Square?
Or watching as your mates shoot at policemen?
How about looking at your coach in the eye and lying to him about the details of a drink driving incident?

"If there is a god, Collingwood will win the flag", i have never heard such drivel in my life - you bogans are thoroughly entertaining though, keep up the good work

Was at the game, watched teh replay, no ice

Next day no limp, and still no ice. Today running: no limp, no ice

I'm also not your brother or your mate, fella

Was your seat in the Collingwood rooms? Didn't think so :rolleyes:

Why not start with beating the living shit out of a cleaner at Federation Square?
Or watching as your mates shoot at policemen?
How about looking at your coach in the eye and lying to him about the details of a drink driving incident?

"If there is a god, Collingwood will win the flag", i have never heard such drivel in my life - you bogans are thoroughly entertaining though, keep up the good work

If there was a god , and he/she/whatever had a sense of humour, i'm sure that everything would go fantastic during a preliminary ( including balls bouncing off line to go through the goal - obviously divine intervention ) just for the reverse to occur during a grand final.

I am not going to join in in the mud slinging, but just say my bit on the whole Luke Ball situation.

The footage never showed his hamstring being iced, it was the boundary rider who kept reporting that he was on the sidelines with ice applied to his hamstring.

Luke Ball was a player who wanted to find a club that would fit him in, rather than allow himself to be moulded to best fit his club. Collingwood were accomodating, because they had need of his style of player.

Luke Ball played well in the GF, for the same reason Ling played well in the second half of the Geelong v St Kilda match. I will let you join the dots.

It's widely reported that Luke is an outstanding human being, I wouldn't know, I can only judge him on his actions of walking out on a footy club when he perceived things were getting too hard.

It's widely reported that Luke is an outstanding human being, I wouldn't know, I can only judge him on his actions of walking out on a footy club when he perceived things were getting too hard.

So you can only judge him on his actions but...you can impune that his motive for those actions were "he perceived it was getting too hard", in all honesty - you were doing so well, we can only really observe actions (on and off field) and draw our own conclusions. This far out of the inner circle our conclusions are meaningless anyway.

For what its worth, its a long week for supporters of grand finalists. Venting passes the time. The great man Ed McGuire said it best, lets hope injuries or umpiring don't effect the outcome....

I haven't understood why Collingwood supporters were so pumped up about the Luke Ball issue In my mind I didn't really think about him after he left (he was one of my favourite players), he was in 04/5 a great young player unfortunately injuries destroyed his kicking penetration and speed. I'll take Peake's impact over the season especially the finals over Ball's this year.

Basically Ball didn't want to fight for a spot in our midfield, maybe it was for the best. Lets hope he plays this w/e.

So you can only judge him on his actions but...you can impune that his motive for those actions were "he perceived it was getting too hard", in all honesty - you were doing so well, we can only really observe actions (on and off field) and draw our own conclusions. This far out of the inner circle our conclusions are meaningless anyway.

For what its worth, its a long week for supporters of grand finalists. Venting passes the time. The great man Ed McGuire said it best, lets hope injuries or umpiring don't effect the outcome....

Shanman, I'll explain further.

Luke Ball himself has said that he left because he saw what he perceived to be the writing on the wall. In reality though, his call was both early and incorrect. The guys he believed to be pushing up to take his spot this year, haven't done so.

There would of been a role for him this year as a burst player, similar to his role in 2009. I know it was one he did not like playing, so he looked for a club that was a fit for him, rather than the other way around.

If I could be bothered, I would find the interview he did last year where he stated he'd play as a burst player, but it was clear it did not sit well with him.

BTW, I don't wish injury on anyone, if he plays he is just someone else his opponent has to beat.

There's a delightful thread on the Collingwood board that I should have had the common sense to simply ignore.

Please don't invade the Collingwood board and post stuff you may regret. It will only escalate and they will end up dominating through weight of numbers.

Are you kidding me? If we win that's the first place i'm going! Those morons will have hell to pay!

LOL THEY'RE ALREADY COMPLAINING ABOUT THE UMPIRES

Look at the pathetic filth:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19105272

What a ****ing hilarious bit of posting. Look at all the rats jump onto the umpires to ALREADY whinge about Riewoldt's free kicks when they haven't happened yet!

Wow, how stereotypical. I didn't think they'd actually pander to the way we view them so hilariously.

What the ****. Do they understand how stupid they're being and how ******ed they look? No wonder they're called the filth!

LOL THEY'RE ALREADY COMPLAINING ABOUT THE UMPIRES

Look at the pathetic filth:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19105272

What a ****ing hilarious bit of posting. Look at all the rats jump onto the umpires to ALREADY whinge about Riewoldt's free kicks when they haven't happened yet!

Wow, how stereotypical. I didn't think they'd actually pander to the way we view them so hilariously.

What the ****. Do they understand how stupid they're being and how ******ed they look? No wonder they're called the filth!

don't worry. It's just the FEAR.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: The Collingscum chant during Roo's speech at the parade.

Your memories are short...

All you guys did early in the season was slag of at one of our players...including your lying Captain about why he left your club...I won't forget that press conference saying he walked out on his contract...

Clearly, Collingwood champion, LUKE BALL did not respond to any accusations despite your coach and captains gutter attempts to infuriate him.

I'll chant louder tomorrow when Bally has a two medallions around his neck (the Norm Smith that Lyon took off him last year AND a premiership medallion) whilst Rooey tears up again...lol

GO PIES -

All you guys did early in the season was slag of at one of our players...including your lying Captain about why he left your club...I won't forget that press conference saying he walked out on his contract...

Clearly, Collingwood champion, LUKE BALL did not respond to any accusations despite your coach and captains gutter attempts to infuriate him.

I'll chant louder tomorrow when Bally has a two medallions around his neck (the Norm Smith that Lyon took off him last year AND a premiership medallion) whilst Rooey tears up again...lol

GO PIES -

Your nappy needs changing the shit is oozing out

Was it your coach that called a StKilda player a rapist ?............

LMFAO.....You tossa

GO PIES -

luke had a contract offer on the table.
he left.
Don't call Roo a liar you ingrate twit.

luke had a contract offer on the table.
he left.
Don't call Roo a liar you ingrate twit.

Bottom line is,
Luke was offered a contract didn't leave for money, left for in his opinion for the enhancement of his career. At St.Kilda his role was diminished. Only to shine in rare places, similiar to the Warne/MacGill situation in the aussie cricket team many years ago. Ball's role was much taken up by other players and at times he wasn't needed by the saints because of his inability to play other positions. Comparing this to the MacGill/Warne situation it would be like playing MacGill at the WACA on a fast pitch. hence MacGill would only bowl a few overs and can't bat.

Luke is a quality person and gave st.kilda many years of great service. Saints supporters should acknowledge this, many do and many don't. No matter what jumper he has worn he has always given his best effort.

debate of his departure is ignited by supporters which see it has a real sticking point and opportunity for them to get one up on each other, its not that big of a deal. May be abit of banter and extra vigor on the field but not what its cracked up to be.

As for Riewoldt isn't a liar, he wanted to give the best image of his clubs brand and the departure is a deal for the football department more than the club captain. He was never given the domain to explain the full story and nor should either himself or ball, it has alot more chapters to it than everyone knows.

I'm just trying to cut the banter, not having a go at everyone

Good Luck to Bally and good luck to the player who took his place in the saints team. The move has been the best for both parties.

how do YOU profess to know that luke "didn't leave for money but the enhancement of his career"?

seems like you've believed your pie BS...........

Look i'm not coming on to your board for a slinging match, just putting across a reasonable viewpoint, much more unbiased than other stuff i have heard.

ball last season found himself in and out of your side, going into finals was much debate on his spot in the side.

I feel he has enhanced his career he has played 22 out of 24 games so far this season. He ended up playing about 3 or 4 games at sandy last year from memory and had diminished playing time in the AFL side.

No doubt he was offered a contract and it was less than his previous contract. This is because of the lesser value he held in the team going from a former captain and a key player. To a fringe player.

Ball has had a much better and settled year this year than he has had at st.kilda, he made his decision and nothing can be done about it either way now.

Look i'm not coming on to your board for a slinging match, just putting across a reasonable viewpoint, much more unbiased than other stuff i have heard.

ball last season found himself in and out of your side, going into finals was much debate on his spot in the side.

I feel he has enhanced his career he has played 22 out of 24 games so far this season. He ended up playing about 3 or 4 games at sandy last year from memory and had diminished playing time in the AFL side.

No doubt he was offered a contract and it was less than his previous contract. This is because of the lesser value he held in the team going from a former captain and a key player. To a fringe player.

Ball has had a much better and settled year this year than he has had at st.kilda, he made his decision and nothing can be done about it either way now.

maybe cause he got his previous contract IIRC before he got his OP.

thus, he fell behind (not due to his fault i shall admit) other players at st kilda.

as a former captain he shouldve realised the impact him leaving had and handled it better too. rather than looking like the cat that swallowed the cream in playing for you lot. he came off looking like a child that had gotten a lolly rather than "mr hard done by" that you and other pie supporters make him out to be.

There is amazing documented evidence of St Kilda s poor handling of Lukes departure...mid season, Lyon backflipped and admitted coach and player had a falling out...it was nothing about a contract - which by the way was withdrawn then put back on the table - and I remember Saints supporters coming on our board berating him...too slow..can't kick...always injured...not as good as Armitage etc...Reiwoldt slagged off at him when he essentially wasn't wanted by the club...

with integrity, Luke Ball remained silent...

I will proudly be wearing number 12 on my back tomorrow and wish the bloke all the best...Saints supporters should acknowledge the club stuffed up and he has proven disbelievers wrong

He was close to BOG in last years grand final loss

Not even top ten.

Typical of collywads player over-rating system. Piss stephanie reckons that he's having his best season, but we remember when he could run and kick over that jam tin.

But at least you finally got a player with balls. If daisy spent as much time studying luke as he did on his hair he might run towards a contest instead of away from it. :)

Enjoy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood supporters wishing to rub the Saints' collective nose in it re: Luke Ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back