List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

I agree with your comments. That wasn't the point. The comment that was made that Grundy was putting himself above the team by not taking a pay cut for team success. When Richmond players took a cut their top players took a cut of 5%. It is an apple and oranges comparison because only Grundy has been asked to take a cut (25%)

But players have signed on for similarly less contracts that Grundy us being asked to cut.

iirc Travis Cloke had a 900k offer in his prime and reportedly stayed a pie for 700k. Grundy isn’t too far removed from this.

But players have signed on for similarly less contracts that Grundy us being asked to cut.

iirc Travis Cloke had a 900k offer in his prime and reportedly stayed a pie for 700k. Grundy isn’t too far removed from this.
And players have signed on for much more too? What's Dusty's contract worth? Cameron's? Club and Grundy signed a contract in good faith. Attacking someone's character because they expect their contract to be fulfilled is sad.

Free

The criticism comes from an original offer of 2 years at 650k, then he bacame a good boy all of the sudden so we increased our offer to 4 years at 800k, now he wants 5 years without behavioral clauses, can you see any red lights?

We never offered 650k and there is no way De Goey should or would even consider that. If you think De Goey is only worth 650k then I seriously have no idea what you watch. The offer that we put was always at 800k but it was a 4 year deal but 2 and 2 I believe we'll what was put out by the media. 650k if I was De Goey and had his ability would instantly walk he won't get an offer below 800 from any side in the comp. In regards to behavioural clauses don't believe everything you read that is probably some minor haggling if any but that was going to be put into his contract regardless by any team

To an extent, the fact that the contract is now 5 years means we're already matching St Kilda's offer.
So - there's the contract.
Either take it as is or bugger off.

Poulters effectively being delisted. I mean, I doubt we are getting anything of note tbh

If we were the Swans now that they are aware of the crows interest they would offer a short term contract extension and say about how in 3 years time he could be a player in our best 22...and demand a 2nd rounder.

Or does that only work on us?

What proof do you have that we have to match a no behavioural clause.
Your initial statement outlining clauses did not note such clause conditions apply.
Anzacday was clear in his reply to you stating "If team performance incentives don’t need to be matched, I doubt our behavioural clauses need to be either".
The Saint has completely missed the point Anzacday was making.

And players have signed on for much more too? What's Dusty's contract worth? Cameron's? Club and Grundy signed a contract in good faith. Attacking someone's character because they expect their contract to be fulfilled is sad.
I get the point you’re trying to make, but they’re terrible examples. Cameron reportedly signed for less at the cats due to lifestyle. Martin’s contract is hefty, but he was offered more elsewhere. Albeit he announced several personal sponsors not long after including some who were also club sponsors.

Grundy from memory was offered a similar amount elsewhere and we essentially matched that offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hine was picking blind that draft as were other recruiters. Scored well with McCreery and Ginnivan. Henry is a top 5 talent from that draft sadly we lose him. Not Hines fault. Poulter for Frampton well had Frampton played against Swans I think we are in a GF. McMahon is only bust so far unless you include Chugg.

Top 5 talent? we will see.

But he would stay at the pies if we matched a bid. It's what he wants us to do. He's not going to leave the pies for the same money and contract length to go to the saints.

Sent from my RMX3201 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he accepts a Saints offer, that says he’s happy to go to them. If we then match, we immediately enter a trade negotiation with Saints. If they give us say two first rounders, we agree to trade him. If they don’t, we keep him on the matched contract terms. It’s exactly what GWS did with Cameron, earning them three first rounders from memory.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
How are people criticising the De Goey deal lol? Every team had a star on big money and De Goey is an outright star and our most damaging player. 800k in the space of things is a big deal but he is worth that any team in the comp would be offering that for De Goey. Free Agency is going to make everyone 100k better off regardless. People saying to get Mitchell for De Goey is laughable lol why an earth would you do that? Lastly let's be serious if De Goey wasn't at Collingwood the incidents he has been in would've been extremely minor and no way justified for us not to keep him.
He's not the team's most damaging player, unless you mean his off field antics. He doesn't have the consistency to be an elite player and shouldn't be paid as one. Went missing when we needed him against Sydney.
The easiest decision Collingwood can make is to let De Goey go. Mitchell can replace De Goey in the short term and if they get Fiorini as well, then you have a long term replacement.
And best of all, you probably don't have to push your star ruckman out of the club for cap reasons.

Awesome to see you’re giving a new Collingwood recruit a chance by calling him a dud before he’s had any opportunity to perform in the black & white. Well done to you, very cool.
Think we all have a fair idea. Been in the system for 9 years and done sweet f.a. Might be ok for a year or 2 but will go done with the Wells and Beams trade.

That’s if you believe JDG doesn’t want to remain a pie.

Let’s be honest, there isn’t a stkilda supporter who is sane that believes he would rather play for us than stay at the pies.

So, I would imagine if you matched. He would stay a pie.
Imagine all you want. Once a player has made up their mind to move that’s it. Doubt it comes to that anyway so it’s a moot discussion.

We never offered 650k and there is no way De Goey should or would even consider that. If you think De Goey is only worth 650k then I seriously have no idea what you watch. The offer that we put was always at 800k but it was a 4 year deal but 2 and 2 I believe we'll what was put out by the media. 650k if I was De Goey and had his ability would instantly walk he won't get an offer below 800 from any side in the comp. In regards to behavioural clauses don't believe everything you read that is probably some minor haggling if any but that was going to be put into his contract regardless by any team
I hope we don't offer 5 years for him, he can get paid what he wants somewhere else. If he would command 800k and 5 years, why is St.Kilda the only side that still has interest in him?

But he would stay at the pies if we matched a bid. It's what he wants us to do. He's not going to leave the pies for the same money and contract length to go to the saints.

Sent from my RMX3201 using BigFooty.com mobile app
We might match it with the behavioural clause.

Imagine all you want. Once a player has made up their mind to move that’s it. Doubt it comes to that anyway so it’s a moot discussion.
I’ll leave the discussion here mate.

Clearly there is no rationale to your thinking on this one.

The issue you guys have with JDG is that he won’t accept the behaviour clause you guys want.

Why would you then match the offer, which is more money and no behaviour clause - which then enables JDG to stay a pie under those terms?

Secondly, we have **** all to trade. So again, your left with a player, on more money and no clause protecting your club from his stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back