List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

I wouldn’t have thought so.
His job is to identify talent and a gamble of how likely that person may make it in the system.

He seems to be losing a lot and we don’t have much to show ?

His bread and butter should be top end talent. Part of that includes assessing their character. He has failed imo.

Hey - I come in peace.

We were having this conversation on our board.

To match the offer. You need to match the terms. Which means no behavioural clause.

If you did that. He would stay a Pie. But that defeats the purpose of putting it in place.

Matching Offers

A contract offer is matched if the football payments and ASAs are equivalent under the offer and the contract proposed by the player’s current club. To qualify as a matching offer, the player’s current club must make an offer on the same terms as the new offer tabled by the player including:

• Contract length;
• Base payments;
• Total match payments;
• Total ASA payments;

Total performance incentives based on AFL awards or honours, club best and fairest finish or games played (not including finals). Any incentives for team performance do not have to be matched. A player cannot table an offer to be matched for less than a two-year contract length.
I think you might be clutching at straws here.
If team performance incentives don’t need to be matched, I doubt our behavioural clauses need to be either.
This appears to be all about the $ and term, (bearing in mind it’s supposedly how they calculate the compensation).

How are people criticising the De Goey deal lol? Every team had a star on big money and De Goey is an outright star and our most damaging player. 800k in the space of things is a big deal but he is worth that any team in the comp would be offering that for De Goey. Free Agency is going to make everyone 100k better off regardless. People saying to get Mitchell for De Goey is laughable lol why an earth would you do that? Lastly let's be serious if De Goey wasn't at Collingwood the incidents he has been in would've been extremely minor and no way justified for us not to keep him.

I don’t think you are far wrong except you left one important detail out

He is as dumb as a doorknob and constantly ****s up.

That’s the BIG issue!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah agreed. What frightens me the most about a last touch rule is defender spoils. If a defender makes a great spoil across the boundary should it result in an opposition goal? It's already hard enough for defenders.
heard on SEN during the year that the last touch rule has been used in the SANFL only between the arcs. And I think it is only last touch from a disposal. Spoils don’t count

I don’t think you are far wrong except you left one important detail out

He is as dumb as a doorknob and constantly *s up.

That’s the BIG issue!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I personally want to keep Degoey but I agree with this & hope he backs himself in with the behavioural terms of our contract offer.
The thought of losing him for nothing though would suck.

Last edited:
Hine was picking blind that draft as were other recruiters. Scored well with McCreery and Ginnivan. Henry is a top 5 talent from that draft sadly we lose him. Not Hines fault. Poulter for Frampton well had Frampton played against Swans I think we are in a GF. McMahon is only bust so far unless you include Chugg.
Don’t think enough work was done on a kid that seemed destined to request a trade after his first 2 years no matter what club selected him except for Geelong obviously.

I think you might be clutching at straws here.
If team performance incentives don’t need to be matched, I doubt our behavioural clauses need to be either.
This appears to be all about the $ and term, (bearing in mind it’s supposedly how they calculate the compensation).
What am I clutching at?

I think he is saying at the pies.

But you have posters saying you’ll match and make us trade. But by matching our offer, you have to match more money and have to match a no behavioural clause.

Which is the hold up on signing right now with you.

Wouldn’t make sense to match my clubs offer for more money and not having the behavioural clause in place would it?

What am I clutching at?

But you have posters saying you’ll match and make us trade. But by matching our offer, you have to match more money and have to match a no behavioural clause.

Wouldn’t make sense to match my clubs offer for more money and not having the behavioural clause in place would it?
Jordan's adventures have played out in the court of public opinion so either you ignore the commentary or you are very aware of his issues and simply want to troll.

Jordan's adventures have played out in the court of public opinion so either you ignore the commentary or you are very aware of his issues and simply want to troll.
Mate - genuinely wasn’t trolling. Was pointing out that by matching the offer to force a trade you would be matching an offer on more money and no behaviour clause.

JDG would just stay at the pies if you did that, no?

I was highlighting for a few posters saying to force st Kilda to trade that I don’t believe it will work like that if it happened.

Mate - genuinely wasn’t trolling. Was pointing out that by matching the offer to force a trade you would be matching an offer on more money and no behaviour clause.

JDG would just stay at the pies if you did that, no?

I was highlighting for a few posters saying to force st Kilda to trade that I don’t believe it will work like that if it happened.
Look the lad has issues with allowing his personal choices to impact the club, team mates and the AFL.

Both Fly and Buckley before him have had earnest talks with him yet he appears immune to common sense on this issue.

He's not a bad egg but he doesn't understand boundaries in this area so either he signs a contractual document protecting the club and AFL from his impulsive behaviour or someone else can take the risk.

Look the lad has issues with allowing his personal choices to impact the club, team mates and the AFL.

Both Fly and Buckley before him have had earnest talks with him yet he appears immune to common sense on this issue.

He's not a bad egg but he doesn't understand boundaries in this area so either he signs a contractual document protecting the club and AFL from his impulsive behaviour or someone else can take the risk.
I understand - which is the point I’m making.

If your talks broke down because of this behavioural clause.

You wouldn’t Match an offer without one would you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If DeGoey is baulking at behavioural clauses, that tells me he’s not fully committed to his profession and deep-down expects that sooner or later he’ll succumb to temptation and breach those clauses. We absolutely must not back down on those contract conditions.

Good luck to the Saints if he goes to them without such behavioural obligations. He’ll quickly be back to his hedonistic party-boy ways.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I understand - which is the point I’m making.

If your talks broke down because of this behavioural clause.

You wouldn’t Match an offer without one would you?
I'd very much doubt it, especially with the Hawthorn fallout continuing at present - that is a huge cautionary tale for any club and the media will now be hot on the trail of any dirt at any club.

Sadly Jordan is now holidaying in Las Vegas - of all places - the media will be swarming and it will be a feeding frenzy if he makes a single mis-step.

I wouldn't have thought the current climate is a good time for taking on risk takers like Jordan.

I'd very much doubt it, especially with the Hawthorn fallout continuing at present - that is a huge cautionary tale for any club and the media will now be hot on the trail of any dirt at any club.

Sadly Jordan is now holidaying in Las Vegas - of all places - the media will be swarming and it will be a feeding frenzy if he makes a single mis-step.

I wouldn't have thought the current climate is a good time for taking on risk takers like Jordan.

Really? He went to Vegas? What could possibly go wrong?!! He just keeps putting himself in situations that are set up for disaster.

Really? He went to Vegas? What could possibly go wrong?!! He just keeps putting himself in situations that are set up for disaster.

Lucky I was much the same as a young man - a rebel and a risk taker - drove my parents crazy but I'm not a professional sports person so I had only the personal consequences to myself to consider.

I understand Jordy in a general sense although not his unique personal perspective.

But even though I understand it still doesn't justify his behaviour.

What am I clutching at?

What proof do you have that we have to match a no behavioural clause.
Your initial statement outlining clauses did not note said clause conditions apply.
Anzacday was clear in his reply to you stating "If team performance incentives don’t need to be matched, I doubt our behavioural clauses need to be either".

Last edited:
Lucky I was much the same as a young man - a rebel and a risk taker - drove my parents crazy but I'm not a professional sports person so I had only the personal consequences to myself to consider.

I understand Jordy in a general sense although not his unique personal perspective.

But even though I understand it still doesn't justify his behaviour.

And I bet you weren’t jeopardising a $800K pa career.

I don’t think it’s at all unreasonable to have to sacrifice aspects of one’s social life for that kind of remuneration.

What am I clutching at?

Once a player makes the decision to leave, that’s pretty much it. People said the same thing about Cameron when he went to Geelong. GWS wouldn’t match because the only thing stopping Cameron from signing with them was their lowball offer, and he’d stay if the money was right. Yet they matched, forced a trade and he still went to Geelong. It’s just the way it works. The likelihood of a player in FA staying when they’ve already agreed to terms with another club is almost zero, regardless of circumstances.

Free

The criticism comes from an original offer of 2 years at 650k, then he bacame a good boy all of the sudden so we increased our offer to 4 years at 800k, now he wants 5 years without behavioral clauses, can you see any red lights?
Red lights. Red flags. I know a manager is supposed to negotiate the best deal but if we are bowled over by a rookie agent with limited experience, then it's not a good look for the club.

Once a player makes the decision to leave, that’s pretty much it. People said the same thing about Cameron when he went to Geelong. GWS wouldn’t match because the only thing stopping Cameron from signing with them was their lowball offer, and he’d stay if the money was right. Yet they matched, forced a trade and he still went to Geelong. It’s just the way it works. The likelihood of a player in FA staying when they’ve already agreed to terms with another club is almost zero, regardless of circumstances.
That’s if you believe JDG doesn’t want to remain a pie.

Let’s be honest, there isn’t a stkilda supporter who is sane that believes he would rather play for us than stay at the pies.

So, I would imagine if you matched. He would stay a pie.

And I bet you weren’t jeopardising a $800K pa career.

I don’t think it’s at all unreasonable to have to sacrifice aspects of one’s social life for that kind of remuneration.

Amen to that so even though I can empathise on a personal level he is not a private individual no matter how much he or we may wish it so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back