List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Do you actually believe every word that you just said?
Absolutely. Why do you ask? Which part don't you believe? It's a matter of videotaped record. Go back and look at his pre- and post-match press conferences. Backed Chuggy in twice, Praised Bianco wholesomely and gave him a PF slot. Said of Brown after the Sydney game that he added a lot when he came on as medi-sub.

Last edited:
Can you think of a better system than a points system? But I suspect they haven't got the points right for each pick. I suspect they haven't factored in the extra list spots needed for multiple picks.

It's not equivalent value because the access to the talent is reduced and likely the chances of a high end talent significantly reduced.

Points only factor in when dealing with FS and Academy bids.

Straight trades it's rubbish.

Thanks Jen for this.
Let’s see what Henry wants to do…doesn’t seem like the Cats are overly interested in terms of priorities for him…which should be a sound alarm bell to him.

Lol....they're interested mate. Unfortunately.

To those suggesting that Degoey is not worth 800,000. Do you think these guys are better footballers.

Wiiliams
Mitch MacGovern
Cerra
Taranto
Hooper
Brad Hill

That is the current market value
That is the price the new club had to pay to prise the player out of their initial club. None of them are worth the price the current clubs are paying/offering them

Absolutely. Why do you ask?
Because nice guys come last. To survive in this caper, McRae needs to be ruthless and I think he is. Clearly he didn't like what the delisted players brought.

I realise he is only part of the decision making process of who gets delisted and who comes to the club, but I'd imagine his voice would carry a fair bit of weight in the conversation. The Brown name is like Collingwood royalty but it counted for naught this week - not that I am opposed to the decision that was made I might add.

If they're not, maybe we could reduce his initial pay offer now that he's shopped himself around but found no takers?

If Geelong said tomorrow that they're not interested there'd still be other clubs champing at the bit....but Geelong IS interested and they've been in his managers ear all season.

De Goey has been a star for 1 and half seasons at best. He hasn’t proven himself reliable enough for a 5 year big money deal.
Mate Luke Jackson is getting 1.3 million. 800k is a decent deal and would put him in the higher bracket but definitely not the highest. He is our best and most damaging player by far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Mitch McGovern might be one that gets squeezed out of Carlton next year when they have to resign McKay (obviously we should in for him too). Hes on a ridiculous contract ATM so it would have to come down

Since being moved back his form has been solid. Good hands and field kicking means he could be a perfect replacement for Howe at 27 years of age.
surprised-laughing.gif

Mate Luke Jackson is getting 1.3 million. 800k is a decent deal and would put him in the higher bracket but definitely not the highest. He is our best and most damaging player by far.
800k isn’t the issue it’s the 5 years. He hasn’t shown anywhere near the consistency to warrant that long a deal.

The best teams have 'a' player who can physically take the game by the throat and rip it apart. The Goo is our man.

He doesn't do it every game but then again, none of them do.

Reportedly in excess of $800k

Yeah I'd be passing on that personally. I like titch as a potential way of improving our contested ball work at stoppages in an effort to try to steal a flag earlier than expected, but not at any price.

Sounds good, but why would Suns give us fiorini and pick 25 for a potential higher pick next year??

And why is Murphy making way for Dean

Also need more runners, so Fiorini on the bench pls…

Put McStay to FB, Krueger to CHF, and Fiorini to replace Dean. Not bad
To get rid of Fiorini's salary like they did with Brodie. But they might not do this if they're doing the same with Pick 7 and Bowes.

Murphy on the ground would be fine. But he needs to play 3rd tall - we're one big man short back there. Dean/Kelly/Frampton...take your pick. Maynard on Buddy cost us dearly, and the only reason we rectified it with Moore so easily was because Reid got subbed off.

If plan is to play McStay back that does change things. But I don't think that's the plan.

Disagree. We are pushing Grundy out the door, so is Hawthorn with Mitchell.
It doesn’t matter what the reason is for a club wanting a player, it’s purely the market. There’s not a huge market for Grundy and Melbourne know this. Think of it like selling a house in a buyers market.

Well we'll just have to see which way things go. Hopefully it's a bit more in the direction I'm anciticpating than it is the one you are for all of our sakes.

Grundy would have been worth 2 firsts in 2019. Not even close now. The problem is that you're comparing two players that play completely different roles.

Grundy vs Mcstay no doubt Grundy is a better player. But we already have Cameron who rucked us to a prelim. We don't have anyone at all that has played McStay's roll. So the club might be thinking 900k for Mcstay and Cameron is better than 900k for Grundy and Cameron (forward).

Then there's also the idea the club reportedly were into Mcstay well before Grundy was leaving. So it could well be want Cameron, Hill and Mitchell, rather than Grundy and Cameron (forward).

It's not about having the best player, but the best team.
We got to 3rd this year with little input from Grundy. He didn’t play a game in our 11 match winning streak. The club made an assessment that we don’t need another ruckman but we do need key position players, inside midfielders and a small crumbing forward. The window is open now and the club is trading for specific needs that they’ve identified as deficiencies. Graeme Wright did the same thing at Hawthorn and Geelong have been doing it for years. Smart approach in my opinion

Mc600k will need to perform next season, pressure will be much greater than it ever was in Brisbane

Or the Collingwood BF boards have a brand new gilt-edged whipping boy.

Potentially a win-win can't-lose situation?

Last edited:
Why is the media so sure the contract for McStay is a 5 year 3 million offer?

Aren't the contract terms confidential because it's a free agency trade?

Has someone at Brisbane tipped them off?

Free agents tend to put a price on their head and this particular 5 year 600k+ deal has been kicked around a bit since as early as April this year when Brisbane were trying to re-sign him.

Not sure if we got them on an extra year or a bit more on the per-year figures, but it was reported to be a close run thing with the "go home" lure only triggering the desire to leave, not really influencing the negotiation around contract numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back