List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

I'll see your mid 20s boy who hasn't grown up & raise you one 19 year old lout who grew up to be a Brownlow Medallist. :D
Obvious best case scenario is if De Goey gets his head straight, realises his talents and lead us to a premiership. But it doesn’t look like happening.

Mc600k will need to perform next season, pressure will be much greater than it ever was in Brisbane
Maybe…but we need another tall to help us compete for the air balls
He is also a nice kick for goal and field kick on his left foot

Mihocek is 30 next season….and isn’t really a key tall …

This has been long overdue for some aerial reinforcements…and one who isn’t a ruck first and forward second either

Last edited:
Mitchell runs out the back of the contest....Degoey runs out the front. This is what makes the Pies a better side with him in it.
Mitchell runs out the back of a contest because it’s the way their side set’s up at stoppages. He can play to our game plan without a problem.

Cameron without Cox = Fish without water/chips. Doubt Mitchell will come to us unless as a completely free trade; and you're putting a great deal of faith in a zero-gamer to start at centre back before Murphy. Don't think Kreugs will make our best 22 either (except maybe as a sub). Otherwise a pretty good list, I'd say.
The coach likes what Kreugs brings.

I thought De Goey was locked in? Why would he all of a sudden leave
De Goey wont leave. If we are paying him $800k, he will accept the behavioural clauses.

If I was De Goey, I would've asked for $800k for 2 yrs and tell the club I'll prove myself on and off the field over the next 2 seasons and then we can talk about my next contract on the bigger bucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moneyball AFL trades: All the latest news and whispers on potential 2022 player movement​

Dan McStay has finally told Brisbane he wants to be a Magpie. Now the Lions will be forced to sweat on compensation. Plus get the latest on Jack Gunston and Ollie Henry

Jon Ralph

Brisbane will spend the next week sweating on the potential free agency compensation for Collingwood-bound forward Dan McStay after he finally admitted he was leaving the club.

The Lions confirmed on Friday McStay had told the club at his exit interview on Wednesday he was exploring his free agency options.

Collingwood will lodge a five-year $3 million deal as early as next Friday’s free agency opening, with the Herald Sun reporting last month McStay was certain to join the Pies.

As an unrestricted free agent the Lions do not have the right to match his Collingwood deal.

Despite some fan anger of the deal the Pies believe they need another strong marking tall who can compete with down-the-line kicks and bring the ball to ground for their fleet of small forwards and crumbers.

While McStay’s wage is not in line with his output after a career-best season of 28 goals he is effectively being paid a 20 per cent premium because of his free agency status.

The Lions will hope he could hand them first-round free agency compensation but he is more likely to be worth second-round free agency following their No.33 draft pick.

It will mean they have picks 15, 33 and 34 to help draft father-sons Will Ashcroft and Jaspa Fletcher, with Ashcroft the certain No.1 overall pick after being named the national carnival’s best player on Thursday.

[PLAYERCARD]Daniel McStay[/PLAYERCARD] has told the Lions he wants to join Collingwood. Picture: Getty Images

Daniel McStay has told the Lions he wants to join Collingwood. Picture: Getty Images

Brisbane is still confident key defender Darcy Gardiner will re-sign with the club as they close in on his signature.

As a restricted free agent the Lions could match a deal for Gardiner but believe they are making strong progress given his determination to stay at Brisbane.

They still have cap space for Hawthorn free agent Jack Gunston should he decide to move north, but could decide to trade a later pick for him to preserve the McStay compensation.

Collingwood is still hopeful exciting marking forward Ollie Henry will re-commit to the club in coming weeks despite moderate interest from Geelong.

He is pondering whether to move back to his home town to be closer to his tight-knit family, with brother Jack saying this week he would love to play alongside the Pies forward.

The Cats first priority is nailing a trade for Tanner Bruhn, the local boy who is keen to move on only two years after being drafted by GWS.

Let’s hope that McStay as the main man can increase his output as being 3rd banana at Brisbane might have limited his opportunities.
Welcome aboard and hopefully the club and not us posters have got this right.

Thanks Jen for this.
Let’s see what Henry wants to do…doesn’t seem like the Cats are overly interested in terms of priorities for him…which should be a sound alarm bell to him.

That's one take.

The other is that they're smart operators and are acting cool on Henry in order to give the impression they don't believe he warrants an offer of a 1st round selection when/if Henry asks for a trade after the grand final tomorrow.

If they want him then it's a 1st round selection or we send him to the draft with the threat of redrafting him because he's a required player.

Time to make a stand against these Geelong campaigners.

That's one take.

The other is that they're smart operators and are acting cool on Henry in order to give the impression they don't believe he warrants an offer of a 1st round selection when/if Henry asks for a trade after the grand final tomorrow.

If they want him then it's a 1st round selection or we send him to the draft with the threat of redrafting him because he's a required player.

Time to make a stand against these Geelong campaigners.
Yep. If the Cats are that cool on Ollie then they'll be happy to take their chances in the PSD and hope he slides all the way to them with the second last or final pick.

The coach likes what Kreugs brings.
The coach likes what everyone brings, mate... including Chugg, Callum Brown, Henry... Bianco. Has issued the same praise for virtually every player picked in the 22 every week this season. He's an all-round, good bloke who has everyone's back but it doesn't mean he can fit all our list into the same 22.

Perhaps I have an overly blasé attitude towards driving offences, but I don't see repeat offences, I see one conviction for a pub fight and some bullshitting the club - not sure if the bullshitting was worse than turning up to training with a water bottle filled with vodka and the other hijinks Swanny has admitted to getting up to.

I love Swan by the way. Just think it's a different era with Dane only copping the beginning of thisperiod of much greater media and social media scrutiny.
30 years of making my living on the road and I can assure you that driving offenses matter - the lifelong misery generated by our road users is vastly unacknowledged.

The coach likes what everyone brings, mate... including Chugg, Callum Brown, Henry... Bianco. Has issued the same praise for virtually every player picked in the 22 every week this season. He's an all-round, good bloke who has everyone's back but it doesn't mean he can fit all our list into the same 22.
Do you actually believe every word that you just said?

interesting to see the mcstay headline... you wonder why it's today. I can only think it has something to do with another pie player going out the door....grundy might end up saying something on monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back