List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

What about this? - we keep Grundy and Henry - they house share in Werribee to save money. They accept lower pay because it's cheaper in Werribee.

They grizzle together all year - we win the flag - they beg to stay forever on whatever deal we make and they come to terms with living in Werribee.
Henry invites Grundy to his folks' place when they get lonely.

(Grundy invites Henry to his place but Henry refuses because ...... Geelong > Adelaide).
Just lost 30 seconds of my life :tearsofjoy:

Rubbish... Geelong have told him he is a required player. For all the fuss about the Cats they don't have great depth. Esava plays Ruck, FB, CHB, HBF, CHF, FF. It is Esava pushing for a trade for more opportunities

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Esava is pushing for opportunities elsewhere, wouldn’t that mean he doesn’t see himself (nor does this team) as best 22?

Ofcourse the Cats are going to say he’s a required player, what else can they say? He’s not a required player but also give us pick 33 and not pick 79?

He’s in the Weideman position.

Melbourne have no other rucks on their list.
They need Grundy.

I'd hold our nerve on 13 and 27 for Grundy and 16.
In some ways I’d prefer to death ride Freo in ‘23 and angle for the future first tied to Freo instead of pick 13. Despite bringing Jackson in with other players lost I can’t see them improving significantly in ‘23. Could be an outside chance that future first lands as a late top 10 pick.

Wright seems very keen to upgrade 16 though, which suggests he has someone in mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GW understands leverage and poker.

We had very little leverage in the Grundy dealing until AFTER the Dees traded out Jackson and (amusingly) Weideman, leaving them with no ruck back-ups. Now Wrighty is in a much better position to extract a deal on more acceptable terms. He has played sh1tty cards about as well as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ralph must have forgotten pick 7, which can be traded in its own right or split into two picks in the teens. Plenty of options for the Cats if they really want Henry.

Sometimes I wonder if Ralph is genuinely stupid and unable to think of these solutions, or if he's just trying to build hype and overly dramatise the situation.

But then I remember I already know the answer.

GW understands leverage and poker.

We had very little leverage in the Grundy dealing until AFTER the Dees traded out Jackson and (amusingly) Weideman, leaving them with no ruck back-ups. Now Wrighty is in a much better position to extract a deal on more acceptable terms. He has played sh1tty cards about as well as possible.

Weideman not traded yet

They have been humiliated in their last 3 grand finals.

Hawthorn humiliated them
They lost to a side that finished 6th (LOL!)
Geelong humiliated them
I hear you. Though humiliation or not, I still see a Grand Final loss as a loss and sadly we rule the Roost there above every club.

It’s believed GWS approached the Hawks on Monday about the potential of an O’Meara trade.

But it is unclear whether he would consider the move or if Hawthorn will trade him, especially given Tom Mitchell is highly likely to find his way to Collingwood by Wednesday night’s trade deadline.

The Hawks are hellbent on getting younger under coach Sam Mitchell and the potential of receiving a pick such as the Giants’ No.19 this year could prove enticing for a club that is rebuilding.

The obvious danger for Hawthorn is leaving a significant leadership and experience void, with Jack Gunston off to Brisbane, while Ben McEvoy and Liam Shiels retired at season’s end.

O’Meara served as acting captain at the Hawks this year during McEvoy’s long-term injury absence and is highly respected at Waverley Park.

He averaged 20 disposals and five clearances this year but, like Tom Mitchell, spent increasing time forward to give younger teammates, including Jai Newcombe and Josh Ward, more midfield exposure.

The 28-year-old midfielder is contracted until the end of next season on a lucrative deal, which could be problematic, because GWS was set to build a war chest with its high-profile departures.

That could lead to Hawthorn paying some of O’Meara’s remaining salary next season, or the Giants could smooth out his deal across multiple years.

GWS traded Taranto to Richmond last week for draft selections 12 and 19 and are deep in negotiations with the Tigers on Hopper on a deal that will deliver another windfall of picks, plus potentially Ivan Soldo.

Tanner Bruhn also crossed to Geelong for pick 18, while Bobby Hill joined Collingwood for what amounted to a future second-rounder.

If Esava is pushing for opportunities elsewhere, wouldn’t that mean he doesn’t see himself (nor does this team) as best 22?

Ofcourse the Cats are going to say he’s a required player, what else can they say? He’s not a required player but also give us pick 33 and not pick 79?

He’s in the Weideman position.

Ratugolea is their best key position depth forward or back. Also their only seasoned depth in those roles. They'd want to keep him but it doesn't mean he's best 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back