List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Lol imagine if Brodes and Ollie stay after all this 😂
Just imagine, standing ground on Ollie when the Cats are getting freebies from all comers, then screwing over Melbourne after they let Jackson go! One can only dream...

Graham Wright would be stuck in there at Marvel, what with that big farking swinging thing and two devil's marbles. Need to concertina the glass doors back, ease him out onto the playing surface and airlift him out.

I think the most frustrating part about the Ollie situation is that we likely would have accepted pick 18 and GWS would have likely accepted 25 for Bruhn

I genuinely think they get their trades the wrong way around in terms of what picks to deal combined with who is the more valuable player at this stage.
Smart move by Geelong. Keep the farmer happy so they can plunder again in a few years. Sick of GC and GWS giving Geelong and Richmond an easy ride at the trade table.

To be f
Sorry to be a nuisance but head over to the cats board.

There now complaining that the pies are blocking player movement and calls will be made to the aflpa to get some favours called in

I believe GW named the price right from the beginning. A first rounder. It's been no secret. And now they are shocked that the answer is no to their low ball offer?

I don't think they can Beeg as the Cats traded out their future 2nd, 3rd & future 4th to Brisbane to piss us off.
So they would need to bring back all 3 x futures i.e. future 2nd, 3rd & future 4th to trade out their future 1st

I'm wondering whether by doing that, they also managed to piss Gold Coast off and that's why the Bowes trade hasn't been done yet. Would've thought the Bowes trade would be pretty straight forward if Geelong can trade their future 3rd.

Maybe GC is not going to release pick 7 and it's Bowes only without Geelong sending back the future 2nd that was what they originally asked for.

Possible option:
Cats receive pick 33 for Ratagalea from Port trade (rumoured pick 33)
Cats ontrade 33 to Pies + pick 25
Pies send either 41/50 to Port & 51 to Cats

Still a hard no straight up, never mind with us sending picks out in the process.

25+33 straight up is not enough for Henry - he's a first round talent so DVI points don't mean diddily squat no matter how anyone tries to paint it so.

If Geelong want him so badly then they can trade out 25 and 33 to regain their future 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks, then they can trade us their future first.

TL;DR - pick 25 + pick 33 != 1st round pick

We want a first, so not sure thats enough to convince us
They could ask Port for our future 2nd (which they now hold…from GWS).
That enables them to trade out their future 1st Round to us for Henry.

edit…just realised Port must keep that future 2nd (they can’t trade it).
So, looks as though Ollie stays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You rate his talent a lot more then me then, I think if he was a talented as you think he is Geelong wouldn’t be messing around.
By the same token if he was as talented as you think he is neither would we. Gut feel says we know his AFL credentials better than Geelong right now.

By the same token if he was as talented as you think he is neither would we. Gut feel says we know his AFL credentials better than Geelong right now.
If I’m correct - we originally wanted to sign him up to a three year deal. Now we want a first round pick if he leaves.

That’s fair credentials.

iu
Known as "bigbrain" down at HQ.

Problem is, nobody knows if the nickname given by the HQ boys is just indicative of the "blokey" 2nd rate worksite atmosphere, or whether they really do revere him for his "bigbrain" power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back