List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Ralph must have forgotten pick 7, which can be traded in its own right or split into two picks in the teens. Plenty of options for the Cats if they really want Henry.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The fact that they deliberately traded out the pick that would have secured him is a plain statement otherwise let's not pretend otherwise.

I suspect the Grundy deal will go through and Melbourne will come to the table.

A lot of focus has naturally been on us, but lets not forget that they have planned their trade period around getting Grundy, so they don't hold all the power here.

They are firmly in the premiership window and not replacing Jackson with anyone in the trade period would be a blow for them contending next year.

Yes please.

BJ.HoweN.KreugerB.Maynard
HBJ.CrispD.MooreI.Quaynor
CS.SidebottomT.AdamsJ.Daicos
HFO.HenryB.MihochekJ.Ginnivan
FJ.ElliottD.McStayB.Hill
RB.GrundyJ.DeGoeyN.Daicos
IJ.NobleS.PendleburyP.LipinskiD.Cameron
EMGN.MurphyW.Hoskin-ElliottB.McCreeryM.Cox
A.JohnsonJ.CarmichaelC.DeanT.Bianco
Some decent players in the emergencies. Plus McInnes, MaCrae, Harrison and Draper - potential 150 game players.

Dean is our FB. Cameron not in run on 22, but important backup for Grundy and McStay.

Last edited:
Is it possible Geelong spoke too early without putting their brain in to gear on the Henry deal? If they thought,F*ck, we don't want to do this deal this year, they may have f*cked up the pick swap so they could postpone until next year...

They have underestimated us.

I really don't get this idiot Collingwood rejects 25 because its not 1st round

how the f#ck does pick 33 improve the offer its still not 1st round

Yes it wouldn't get us the desired 1st round selection and I'm not advocating for us to accept it but forcing Geelong to trade a player they reportedly hope to retain for another 2nd round selection on top of the two they've already used (plus some change) to gain pick 25 would provide a little bit of satisfaction.

As for the value of 33?

Well it would cover the cost of Tom Mitchell, be traded perhaps for a future 2nd round selection to restore the 2nd we used on Hill or bundled with other picks in an effort to move up the draft board.

Yes please.

BJ.HoweN.KreugerB.Maynard
HBJ.CrispD.MooreI.Quaynor
CS.SidebottomT.AdamsJ.Daicos
HFO.HenryB.MihochekJ.Ginnivan
FJ.ElliottD.McStayB.Hill
RB.GrundyJ.DeGoeyN.Daicos
IJ.NobleS.PendleburyP.LipinskiD.Cameron
EMGN.MurphyW.Hoskin-ElliottB.McCreeryM.Cox
A.JohnsonJ.CarmichaelC.DeanT.Bianco
Gee when you look at it like that as is we have some depth.

Jackson is gone so unless Melbourne can convince a Lobb or Meek to nominate them as an option we now have some genuine bargaining power because as it stands Melbourne haven't fulfilled our requirement for a pick inside the top 25 for Grundy. We aren't the bad guy here.

As I see it they now have 4 options to choose from.

1. Seek out an alternative to Grundy.
2. Swap their pick 13 for our 16 as part of the deal.
3. Add a future 2nd round selection to sweeten the pot.
4. Reduce our yearly salary contribution by $100,000.

Hopefully Wright stands firm on the deals for both Grundy and Henry and either gets an improved offer or we walk away.
What about this? - we keep Grundy and Henry - they house share in Werribee to save money. They accept lower pay because it's cheaper in Werribee.

They grizzle together all year - we win the flag - they beg to stay forever on whatever deal we make and they come to terms with living in Werribee.
Henry invites Grundy to his folks' place when they get lonely.

(Grundy invites Henry to his place but Henry refuses because ...... Geelong > Adelaide).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about this? - we keep Grundy and Henry - they house share in Werribee to save money. They accept lower pay because it's cheaper in Werribee.

They grizzle together all year - we win the flag - they beg to stay forever on whatever deal we make and they come to terms with living in Werribee.
Henry invites Grundy to his folks' place when they get lonely.

(Grundy invites Henry to his place but Henry refuses because ...... Geelong > Adelaide).
I'm now dumber for reading this

Gee when you look at it like that as is we have some depth.
Now we recruit quality. We have enough handy players - if the player is not a clear level above Ruscoe and Bianco, pointless him coming to the club. Mitchell qualifies.

[Frampton reqd for back-up to Dean and Moore. We were terribly short on last year when Dean and Kreuger were injured.]

Or squeeze them for a much lower contribution towards Grundy’s wages.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

why-not-both-por-que-no-los-dos.gif

What’s crazy is that no one at Geelong (or on their board) have gone “how the hell is Oliver Henry only 8 picks better than Esava?”

If Esava didn’t have a contract this year, he would be delisted. He’s closer to Weideman than Ollie.
Rubbish... Geelong have told him he is a required player. For all the fuss about the Cats they don't have great depth. Esava plays Ruck, FB, CHB, HBF, CHF, FF. It is Esava pushing for a trade for more opportunities

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it wasn't clear before, it's clear now: it's really unfortunate that when we cap-dumped on Treloar that we didn't actually have the cap space to say "pay up or we keep him" - turns out that's where all leverage lays in this situation!

I mean I’m sure a competent list manager would’ve gone with that plan and kept our salary cap woes a secret… unfortunately Ned Guys opening line in negotiations was “please be gentle”

I mean I’m sure a competent list manager would’ve gone with that plan and kept our salary cap woes a secret… unfortunately Ned Guys opening line in negotiations was “please be gentle”

... whilst the little voice in his head was saying "I just want the player to get paid the number I negotiated for him"...

As he opened the lube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back