List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

i think they both need to be looked at in my isolation though, McStay is the solution (clubs opinion) to having 3 rucks with no forward ability on the list. Mihocek needs to be replaced as a sole key forward but there’s not an option out there as yet, if the view is replacing Mihocek with McStay it’s a clear error but I don’t think the club is trying to address that aspect

I understand that, but you also have to consider the player whose place he is also taking and whether that is an upgrade or not. Be that Cox, Cameron, or someone else (even Henry).

I’m not sure he is.

So Bobby Hill has formally requested a trade to Collingwood.
Obviously would be good to have a speedy, crumbing player, but surely GWS' expectations of a 2nd round pick is a little steep given it will be a pick in the 30s? Surely one of our 3rds tied to Hawthorn would do it. Not that much off. WE have picks 42, 47 and 48 in addition to pick 15.

Last edited:

S

Surely it’s not that difficult to sell McStay… Our need for a key position players is obvious, particularly after yesterdays game when Franklin and Reid both marked regularly and we relied on finding loose players or goals from fwd 50 stoppage.

McStay was probably BOG in their previous final, and their game style doesn’t exactly help their talls, Daniher is supposed to be a gun but barely shines with their usually slow ball movement, plus McStay is often rotated through ruck and very high half forward regularly.

He can play multiple positions, will be much better than Cox in basically every role, AND free up someone like Mihocek, Krueger, or Cameron when forward, plus help bring the ball to ground more often. Good age profile, with his best football ahead of him.

He also donates lots of money to charity, found an injured puppy and brought it back to good health, and once gave a homeless person $1,000***

Surely you’re sold!!!

*** this info may not be true.
Wonder if club is hoping for Leroy Brown Mk2

I’m a massive Johnson fan. But, that “effort” was woeful and would’ve been bad enough to destroy his confidence/self belief.
Poor finals are hard to recover from, ask Gary Rowan….and Leon Davis….

Rowan had a Big Game in the QF

Which is why your suggestion makes no sense. You're suggesting we lose Grundy (an AA ruckman), pay a bunch of his salary, trade you Henry (a late first rounder who is in the top 3 games played from his draft year) and we receive a fringe midfielder and the latest of 1st rounders which will actually be equivalent an early 2nd rounder after bid matches, worse than what we selected Henry with in the first place. It's honestly the kind of wildly optimistic trade scenario that belongs in your own forums trade thread.

I'm just spitballing . I don't see it as a probable trade, but after what happened with Treloar its tough to rule anything out. I'd guess we try for Ollie and Grundy goes elsewhere.

No mention of Tom Mitchell, he's a must get to compete again next year.
Fiorini is younger & cheaper. Mitchell may still be the better extractor but Hawthorn will probably want a high 2nd round pick.

For those wanting Grundy out, he played his guts out on ANZAC day, if he can get back to some good form it would be money well spent. Can't see McStay being worth the money that's been thrown around.
McStay was one of Brisbane's best players in their first final. He played a ripper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think they both need to be looked at in my isolation though, McStay is the solution (clubs opinion) to having 3 rucks with no forward ability on the list. Mihocek needs to be replaced as a sole key forward but there’s not an option out there as yet, if the view is replacing Mihocek with McStay it’s a clear error but I don’t think the club is trying to address that aspect
McStay has terrific versatility. Ruck, Forward or Key Back. Great set of hands and a nice left foot kick. I think he'd be a great pick up.

Not with Wright. Parish would be a great get, not so good for our pressure game though.
Ideally we need a contested ball winning machine of a mid. They don't grow on trees unfortunately. If we fix this part of our stoppages and centre bounces, we will be substantially harder to beat.

Hill can be the Crumber we need
I wish we'd gone after Stengle with the chequebook last year, to fill that need.
(Too late now, but to be honest, I reckon the smaller brigade in our forward line has done ok this year, anyway, with the wings/midfielders pushing up front-and-square a lot, too)

If Grundy and or Degoey go they need throw 7 x 1.2M to McKay and offer Carlton 3 firsts.

He's a RFA next year. They'll get 1 first rounder for him and they can't afford to match this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back