List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Personally I think this was the wrong call from him and the club. I don’t agree with playing injured players. His spot could of gone to someone else who could of made more of an impact to the side because let’s be honest checkers didn’t exactly set the world on fire being half fit…but anyways

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Agreed - not much of an impact for a couple of months. (Except the second best smother of the century)

I’d have not been averse to pulling the pin on him during the season by getting his surgery and putting in Ollie during the year and if he didn’t perform out Krueger in for the last two finals.

I love Checkers though, even if we only end up with McStay I think it will open him up a lot more

It looks like we have to lose ether BG or JDG this year, there is no getting out of it. It comes down to who the club thinks is the most value to the team going forward. I'm happy with the end decision, what ever that may be
BG.

You reckon Geelong can cover it all? Deep pockets on the bay.

No chance we could pay for much of it, we are pretty tight which I why I imagined Parfitt going into the deal. Its pure spitballing obviously, we are Keen on Ollie and Braun this year but getting them will exhaust most of our limited trade capital, if anyone else is coming in then it will mean trading out players.

What is this rot? "Lucky" he's been at the Lions who have been top 4-6 last 5 years? Jesus, some of the takes tonight, we very clearly need this prelim to start.
Sell him to me.
The lions don't seem too keen to hold on to him.
Tell me how he would have made a difference against the Swans?
I'm not interested in bringing in players who aren't going to make a difference. McStay is one of those.

Sell him to me.
I'm not interested in bringing in players who aren't going to make a difference. McStay is one of those.
Oh but he is

No chance we could pay for much of it, we are pretty tight which I why I imagined Parfitt going into the deal. Its pure spitballing obviously, we are Keen on Ollie and Braun this year but getting them will exhaust most of our limited trade capital, if anyone else is coming in then it will mean trading out players.

Which is why your suggestion makes no sense. You're suggesting we lose Grundy (an AA ruckman), pay a bunch of his salary, trade you Henry (a late first rounder who is in the top 3 games played from his draft year) and we receive a fringe midfielder and the latest of 1st rounders which will actually be equivalent an early 2nd rounder after bid matches, worse than what we selected Henry with in the first place. It's honestly the kind of wildly optimistic trade scenario that belongs in your own forums trade thread.

Last night is a good example of why most of the players were targeting makes sense. I’d like to get another body in the midfield whether that’s TMitchell or not, I’d like someone younger but we can’t rely on Adams anymore and it was deflating watching us kick a goal and losing the next clearance 5-6 times last night to slow momentum

I still don’t understand Bobby Hill at all, but he’s gonna be a cheap addition so hopefully it works out 😅

In the brief time Kreuger was on the ground last night, he certainly approached his work with vigour & aggression.
We need more of that.
He is a big strapping lad for a mobile forward, and at a young age, should build even more strength in the off-season. If he can finish as well as Mihocek, could / should be very valuable for us next year and beyond…

Sell him to me.

Not here to sell him to anyone, and I would prefer if it was a three year deal on $500k, but I'm hopeful that he'll improve our forward structure and provide a ruck chop out.

But I don't think you're presenting the position of the Lions very accurately, so here's what's been reported:

In May, Swann publicly stated that they were doing their best to fend off interest from Vic clubs.

In June AFL.com.au reported that the Lions upped their offer to five years in a further attempt to keep him. His response was to put contract talks with the Lions "on the backburner".

It's since been an open industry secret that he had committed to Collingwood and the Lions are aware of this, so they've agreed to park discussions on the understanding that he'll go.

He is a big strapping lad for a mobile forward, and at a young age, should build even more strength in the off-season. If he can finish as well as Mihocek, could / should be very valuable for us next year and beyond…

If he can stop breaking himself he's perfect for us. Fingers crossed, but he does seem to be his own worst enemy with his reckless physicality sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's why McStay is such an important recruit. Only the smart ones see it.

Unless he is replacing Mihochek which is unlikely, what’s the point in adding an average player like McStay to play alongside a declining average player like Mihochek.

Mihochek and McStay would be the least threatening key forward combo in the league.

I’m a massive Johnson fan. But, that “effort” was woeful and would’ve been bad enough to destroy his confidence/self belief.
Poor finals are hard to recover from, ask Gary Rowan….and Leon Davis….

It looks like we have to lose ether BG or JDG this year, there is no getting out of it. It comes down to who the club thinks is the most value to the team going forward. I'm happy with the end decision, what ever that may be
I don't want to lose either, but if we are to lose one, it must be Grundy. We can compensate (and have) for his loss but we cannot compensate for losing JDG.

Unfortunately this is true.

He does require surgery, major surgery, ground breaking highly experimental surgery. We have the technology.

It’s going to cost a reported $6 million, which is around half of our salary cap. Hence the need to offload Grundy, Henry, DeGoey, and potentially others. But it will be worth every cent. Mihocek will be better, stronger, faster.

Here’s a medical documentary about the operation that Mihocek will be undergoing.

LOL... But will it improve his brain fades?

You reckon Geelong can cover it all? Deep pockets on the bay.

And to think we got where we did without Costa living and COLA and still with Ned Guy effect lingering.
Even more kudos deserved on the current regime and how they turned it around.
Any luck we can get Nicky D on an ambassadorial type contract once Pendles plays his last and we have managed to wrangle in the contracts.

Maybe some sustained success will follow circa 2024 and beyond

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like Kreuger, but his style of play is not sustainable. He plays like a WWE wrestler. He will struggle to play 3 games in a row. He needs to discover tempos. Otherwise, he simply won’t last and won’t be of any use to us.

That style of play is better suited down back, so either it’s him or McStay that goes there

That said, Checkers & Adams are just about cooked so flog them north for whatever we can get while we can!

That style of play is better suited down back, so either it’s him or McStay that goes there

That said, Checkers & Adams are just about cooked so flog them north for whatever we can get while we can!

You make sense.
Especially when you consider (I think) we may be stuck with Grundy (and his fat contract) need to keep DeGoey and Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back