List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Feel like this board was completely in acceptance about the Melb Grundy deal for ~20s pick + lower payment contribution over the last week we've talked about it. So many people only now coming up saying it's the worst deal ever?
It's a good deal, gives us a chance to land a big free agent in the next few years

Crazy how everyone is defending GW when we were universally rioting against Ned Guy who got us arguably a better result in more strenuous circumstances.

And I'm definitely no Ned Guy supporter. Just want to finally have some competent list management and trading strategy which unfortunately still isn't coming with this recent change of regime.

He will be judged on the Henry trade in my opinion and what we get Mitchell for.

He didn't sign Grundy to that deal, not going to judge him to harshly.

do you have a source for the 150k pa wage contribution? - the assessment of this trade relies on the payment contribution 300k bad trade, 150k good trade. For those who are complaining - simple fact is 1 million for a player who is slowing down, more prone to injuries and not the best ruckman in the game, is not a good salary cap imvestment. Mcstay - yes we paid overs but he is much more versatile and agile, and he has 5.1 contested marks per game, 5 more on average than grundy - and is playing out the entiritiy of the season. - time will tell - but if 150k - i like this trade
5.1 contested marks per game to Mcstay? Where are you getting that? He averages 1.3. Less than Mason Cox.

What’s crazy though with Grundy leaving our history with 1st round picks is even worse.

1st round picks :
12 -Grundy, Kennedy, Broomhead
13 - Schaz, Freeman
14 - JDG & Moore
15 - n/a (Sier & Phillips year)
16 - n/a (Mclarty & C.Brown)
17 - Stevo
18 - IQ
19 - N/A (Rantall & Bianco)
20 - Ollie & Finlay
21 - Naicos

Prior to Grundy, it was Sidebottom & Pendles.

This is not a bad drafting record?

Crazy how everyone is defending GW when we were universally rioting against Ned Guy who got us arguably a better result in more strenuous circumstances.

And I'm definitely no Ned Guy supporter. Just want to finally have some competent list management and trading strategy which unfortunately still isn't coming with this recent change of regime.
Are you for real.?
GW is clearing house with all the crap he was handed.
That's it now for ludicrous contracts. Grundy is ageing, injury prone and has been very average for 2 years.
Brought in roles players with lots of upside and another probably on the way.

Don't know what you're after.

Feel like this board was completely in acceptance about the Melb Grundy deal for ~20s pick + lower payment contribution over the last week we've talked about it. So many people only now coming up saying it's the worst deal ever?

Very happy to get out from under that contract it all comes down to what where paying now.

If where paying 300k and got 27 its shithouse if where paying 150k its a good deal.

After Henry gets traded that's 6 first round picks connected to players being traded leaving the club.

Beams 2x
Treloar 2x
Grundy 1x
Henry 1x
Don’t forget Stephenson,and Scharanberg and Freeman who both didn’t make it as AFL players.Hine has a lot to answer for for the picks he’s made in the last ten years.That’s why Wright is scouring the country looking for cheap imports to fill in the holes on our list.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ned Guy was one of the people who did the Grundy contract.....

GW is fixing up the mess he made.
Ned Guy didn't do the Treloar contract. He was fixing up someone else's mistake and clearing house.

GW did the JDG and McStay contract. I'm sure someone else will fix up his mess as we inevitably repeat this cycle down the line.

Don’t forget Stephenson,and Scharanberg and Freeman who both didn’t make it as AFL players.Hine has a lot to answer for for the picks he’s made in the last ten years.That’s why Wright is scoring in the country looking for cheap imports to fill in the holes on our list.

Plus Freeman & Scharenberg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Window GIF - Window Im Out Out The Window - Discover & Share GIFs

In what way is it arguable that Ned Guy got a better result?

He got less in return and paid more of the outgoing salary.

Our drafting has been awful for a long time, Hine has long gone past his use by date, I made a thread about that like 2 years ago.. wouldn't blame Wright for any of this. If he gives away Henry for peanuts I will happily be angry and point the finger at him for that, the Grundy mess and poor drafting have not been his fault though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back