List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright here me out,

If the dogs trade pick 10, 17 for pick 4 that gives GC pick 10, 17, 35, 43, 57 plus a whole bunch of late junk picks

We trade a future 2nd for brisbane lions pick 45, 56 giving us picks 18, 36, 45, 56 which is worth 2028 points

We then trade the GC picks 18, 36, 45, 56 for either pick 10 = 1395 points or pick 17 = 1025 points + Hollands + the some of the junk picks so GC don't have to open so many list spots.

Obviously all hypothetical and happy if we take best available with our picks at the draft, Hoping for Archer Reid/Mitch Edwards and Logan Morris.

Alright here me out,

If the dogs trade pick 10, 17 for pick 4 that gives GC pick 10, 17, 35, 43, 57 plus a whole bunch of late junk picks

We trade a future 2nd for brisbane lions pick 45, 56 giving us picks 18, 36, 45, 56 which is worth 2028 points

We then trade the GC picks 18, 36, 45, 56 for either pick 10 = 1395 points or pick 17 = 1025 points + Hollands + the some of the junk picks so GC don't have to open so many list spots.

Obviously all hypothetical and happy if we take best available with our picks at the draft, Hoping for Archer Reid/Mitch Edwards and Logan Morris.
Based on reading only, the draft is pretty even after the first 8 picks, so there maybe limited value in trading up (if we really wanted to do that, we could trade our first two picks for P10 on the night). GC may not want to trade prior to the draft night as they need to limit their number of live picks to the number of open list spots - the scenario you present, GC would need to create around 5 additional list spots to take advantage of all the points value for all the picks they have.

They sure do. It must be hard for the selection panel this week because noble at his best provides so much run and carry
Agree, feel gutted for him, but there are these stories every year. Testament to the G.Wright and the recruiting, Tay going down last year had a massive impact. Would have beat Geelong in the 1st final barring his injury

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there's any truth to Ginnivan then I really want Liam Ryan to come in. Imagine he and Elliott rotating high half-forward and deep, with Bobby moving up to a playmaking HF/winger.

If there's any truth to Ginnivan then I really want Liam Ryan to come in. Imagine he and Elliott rotating high half-forward and deep, with Bobby moving up to a playmaking HF/winger.

If there’s any truth to Ginnivan then we need an EGM.

40 goals year, he’s still 20.
Ollie Henry, 40+ goals this year.

We can’t lost 2x 40 goal 20 yr olds back to back.

And Confident its total BS

In the VFL where he belongs and it's no surprise that AFL level fitness in a bloke his size allows him to dominate the lesser competition at VFL level.

Been a scrub at AFL level for the most part.
I don't want no scrub

A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me

It seems like a nonsensical rumour. Would be happy to pursue Ryan either way

Any interest in Emerson Jeka?
He's been delisted by Hawthorn.
He's only 22, and must have deficiencies, but being given the boot might encourage him to do something about it.

I had a chat to Josh Gabalich and he said we have interest in Buku only as a howe replacement. But north have interest too.
We also see Doedee as a howe replacement, so guess we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket lol But Brisbane seem to be favourites.

Doedee compo becomes clearer as Lions, Pies circle​

The market for free agency defenders continues to skyrocket with Doedee set to be offered a deal of up to five seasons as Brisbane, Collingwood and Sydney chase the interceptor.

Adelaide is unlikely to match any free agency deal, having pulled its initial deal when Doedee suffered a second ACL tear, then replacing it with a modest offer.

Brisbane is seen to be the favourite ahead of Collingwood, with Sydney a late bidder.

The Crows expect Doedee’s offers to hit five years and as much as $600,000 a season – the same deal Brisbane free agency forward Dan McStay secured to move to the Pies.

Adelaide could receive second round compensation of pick 30 under that contract scenario, given the McStay precedent.

Collingwood is interested in Doedee as a potential replacement for Jeremy Howe, while the Lions see him as a replacement for Marcus Adams and eventually Ryan Lester.

In 2020 and 2021 Doedee averaged 2.8 and 2.9 intercept marks a game, but the Crows were worried about his body after needing surgery for two ACL ruptures.

Also apart from Carmichael, Begg may be the only other OOC that stays, although he said he wasn't sure.

Macrae wont seek a trade, seemed confident he'll see out his contract.

I had a chat to Josh Gabalich and he said we have interest in Buku only as a howe replacement. But north have interest too.
We also see Doedee as a howe replacement, so guess we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket lol But Brisbane seem to be favourites.

Also apart from Carmichael, Begg may be the only other OOC that stays, although he said he wasn't sure.

Thanks Jen. Dodeee is a no from me. Two ACL’s is just to much for me given the likely $ involved.

Beggy as good as he played in the last couple of weeks I just don’t see him as a ruck at senior lvl. Just too small. He’s a Rover. Smaller version and less talented than grundy

Carmy one more year as depth is fine.

Buku I’d be keen to try out in defence but if it’s senior selection he wants he will go to north.

Do you think Howe will retire after the GF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back