List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, I suspect Taylor has acted on emotion and may regret it. Learning you’re gonna miss a grand final you thought you’d get up for, probably doesn’t leave you in the best state of mind for big decisions to be made.

I was guessing this may have been in the works for longer. Possibly back to around when Nick was moving to the midfield.
Or, and go with me on this, Sydney came knocking this time last year, Adams stayed loyal, but 12 months on he was getting vibes that his days as a best 23 lock were running out. Collingwood are keen to push Allan and Macrae through, he’s on big coin and there’s an extremely limited window to make it happen. I’m completely sympathetic to his position.

I'm shattered Tay has left, but oh well, let's concentrate on Schultz now, i hope we don't give anymore than pick 19, that's a fair trade, i hope we don't add pick 33 in there and certainly trade any picks from next year.

Melbourne got a good deal for Grundy considering they were pushing him out the door.

I rate him and think he'll be a good get for Port. It's harder to mark it as a forward with heat coming from behind than as a defender.
It'll be interesting to see. He's leaving a relatively strong backline, where he was able to zone off and intercept, going to a relatively ordinary defensive team where he'll need to play a more accountable role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GW is up to something I reckon.

To let Adams go so easily before signing Schultz?

I don't rate Adams as highly as others. But he was our vice captain and still had a year on his contract so it does seem a bit odd?

I cannot imagine Sydney would have made our life that easy had Adams been a Swans player?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
I hope it's Hawkins as UFA.

Pretty underwhelming if we end up trading Adams and our first for Schultz.

Agree. Instead of fighting for your place in the side, he took the pussy way out by quiting the team.

Adams leaving is addition by subtraction. His departure will open up more opportunities for others.
Do u think if you were in his position you would've stayed? 3 years over 1 in his situation is a very big incentive.

Or, and go with me on this, Sydney came knocking this time last year, Adams stayed loyal, but 12 months on he was getting vibes that his days as a best 23 lock were running out. Collingwood are keen to push Allan and Macrae through, he’s on big coin and there’s an extremely limited window to make it happen. I’m completely sympathetic to his position.
This could be plausible except his timing of approaching Sydney goes against this.

He’s chosen when missing the grand final to act then.

With what you’re suggesting, I would think his management would have been in talks sometime next year to be planning for 2025 season when he would have been out of contract.

Well done Tay, another classy exit from one of our now former players.
You can see how difficult this decision has been for him, but it is the right decision for his own longevity in the game. If he had stayed at the Pies for 2024, there's a good possibility it may have been his last year with us anyway, as his contract of course ends next year.
Thanks for being a Magpie through and through, and for giving your all every time you wore that Collingwood guernsey.
Will be sorely missed, but wish him all the best with the Swans.
It's going to be weird watching him play against the likes of Pendles, Sidey and Jordy in those midfield battles

That won’t help.

It amazes me how often a helmet is thought to be effective against concussion. Those Grid Iron guys have the biggest helmets you can get and it never helped them.

It'll be interesting to see. He's leaving a relatively strong backline, where he was able to zone off and intercept, going to a relatively ordinary defensive team where he'll need to play a more accountable role.
His lack of Footy IQ is the issue IMO.
For the reasons you mentioned his brain fades will be far more costly.

Pick 33 for Adams is ******* disgraceful when you think how far that'll get pushed back.

Think about value in, value out when you look at our combined 2023 trades (yet to be concluded)

Shultz has higher lifetime value starting now than Adams for slightly less money and slightly higher pick cost

This move will probably look sensational in 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back