List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does everyone feel like Schultz is worth as an actual pick? Rather than 19 or a future first.

I would say 14 at best. Would love to know what both clubs think.
Pick 15-20. I can understand why Freo feel 19 isn’t enough with the draft being compromised, but a late second in 38 should more than make up for that. Our future first plus an extra pick is nonsense and I’m disappointed that GW seems to be entertaining it.

Pick 15-20. I can understand why Freo feel 19 isn’t enough with the draft being compromised, but a late second in 38 should more than make up for that. Our future first plus an extra pick is nonsense and I’m disappointed that GW seems to be entertaining it.
So essentially Adams and our future first round? As good as Wrighty is, he isn’t a great negotiator. We constantly pay overs to bring players in and accept unders for outgoing players.

Collingwood talk is good for the media. Wouldn’t be surprised if the deal for Schultz is already done, but being held over until the the prime time close on Wednesday. Gives the media a few days of conjuncture and something to announce on Fox.

So essentially Adams and our future first round? As good as Wrighty is, he isn’t a great negotiator. We constantly pay overs to bring players in and accept unders for outgoing players.

I'm okay/happy with a view that we play fair and will pay what a player is worth to get a deal done smoothly. That's far better than being a Dodoro.

We can't allow ourselves to begin to be seen as pushovers if the other guys play hard ball.

I'd sooner see us miss out on Shoota. We have ample youngsters desperate to fill that space in the 22, and hopefully, bigger fish to fry with that future first during trading next year

Yes, but I wonder if he could start being developed as a defender still. Learn that craft. He could potentially be a good interceptor.
He'll be playing forward kes, he would be a disaster in defence. Don't stress, he'll have a big pre season and I think we'll see a much better forward next year

COMING UP | The Flip Flop thanks to @archiesfootwear

- Could Jack Gunston Flip Flop on his decision to join the Hawks and move to a different Melbourne team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I'm guessing (which I obviously am) I'd say we're offering pick 19, they're asking for F1 + 34.

We end up doing 19 & 34 or F1 & 39.

Either way it's overs but it's the same contracted player increase we'd hoped would apply to Taylor Adams...

What does everyone feel like Schultz is worth as an actual pick? Rather than 19 or a future first.

I would say 14 at best. Would love to know what both clubs think.
Somewhere in the 10-15 range. There’s not going to be 15 players from this draft better than him and he’s entering his prime. Putting it another way if Adams were 26 playing the same role as he did in 2023 and offered a 5 year deal by Sydney I bet the calls on here would have been for 12…

I'm okay/happy with a view that we play fair and will pay what a player is worth to get a deal done smoothly. That's far better than being a Dodoro.

We can't allow ourselves to begin to be seen as pushovers if the other guys play hard ball.

I'd sooner see us miss out on Shoota. We have ample youngsters desperate to fill that space in the 22, and hopefully, bigger fish to fry with that future first during trading next year

Agree. Different case if its a CHB/FB we are courting. This is surplus to needs , not saying it wouldnt improve us either

Your reading comprehension needs work.

Alright so I still think we wait and see what St Kilda get for Henry BUT if we do a trade independent of that, which do we prefer?

19 & 34 for Schultz & 46

OR

F1 & 39 for Schultz & 46?

The one that doesn't involve our future first.

It isn't about thinking we'll fall - I reckon we can win it again - it's about our trading position next year.

I can't see any way that we substantially harvest out of this draft. Spend the picks on Shultz and a Hail Mary.

We need to be collecting assets for a significant addition next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back