List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in the window right now, you maximize your immediate chances, Schultz does that, he helps us right now and into the future given his age.

It's cute that some extremely biased supporters are losing their minds because they know better than Wrighty, delusional, but cute...

You think you know what Wrighty is thinking.

Adorable

I don't necessarily agree.

I want to win all of the flags. All of them.

I'm not throwing away a 20% bump in our flag chances for 2025-2030 for a 3% bump in our chance to win it next year.

That's how you end up in Blues Bombers territory. No thanks. Sustainable success was the platform Bucks built this list on and I'm sure Fly has very similar philosophies - because he's a genius
So you think this trade will ruin our chances of winning a flag between 2025-2030?
I mean, I've seen some glass half empty comments here, but I think this is right up there with the best of them.

So you think this trade will ruin our chances of winning a flag between 2025-2030?
I mean, I've seen some glass half empty comments here, but I think this is right up there with the best of them.

I didn't say that.

So you think this trade will guarantee that we win back to back flags?

It's silly, isn't it.

If we give up the F1 (I think we won't - I don't think that's what Wright is thinking), then it's hard to see how we manage to grab someone like Ben King, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan in the next trading period.

I think a high quality KPF could enhance our chances of winning the following flags by more than a small forward could. We have heaps of small forwards. We have one that won an Anzac Day medal and won't be best 22 if we recruit Schultz. He isn't a need.

Don't get me wrong, I want him, he slightly improves our best 22, but I don't agree that it's worth sacrificing a more substantial improvement one year later. At which time we might even get Schultz as a FA

Cool, so Ben King for Nick and Josh Daicos because 'Wrighty gets it done'.

There has to be a line
That’s your narrative. Mine’s 2025 1st and 2024 2nd’s traded in a points deal for a 1st from GC or Carlton. Currency from a deal on AJ/ Ginnivan/ Noble. What the hell though give them the Daicos’ that’s our only currency…

That’s your narrative. Mine’s 2025 1st and 2024 2nd’s traded in a points deal for a 1st from GC or Carlton. Currency from a deal on AJ/ Ginnivan/ Noble. What the hell though give them the Daicos’ that’s our only currency…

I love your narrative, but it won't get the job done if we've set ourselves up as a mob that take it sweet without lube.

That's my point

I didn't say that.

It's silly, isn't it.

If we give up the F1 (I think we won't - I don't think that's what Wright is thinking), then it's hard to see how we manage to grab someone like Ben King, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan in the next trading period.

I think a high quality KPF could enhance our chances of winning the following flags by more than a small forward could. We have heaps of small forwards. We have one that won an Anzac Day medal and won't be best 22 if we recruit Schultz. He isn't a need.

Don't get me wrong, I want him, he slightly improves our best 22, but I don't agree that it's worth sacrificing a more substantial improvement one year later. At which time we might even get Schultz as a FA

Give it a rest Re Ginnivan and the Anzac Day medal way back in 2022. He wasn't in our best 23 for most of this year. Schultz would be a huge upgrade to Adams and Ginnivan.

By the midway point of next year, you'll be calling the Schultz trade a master-stroke

Or he could be the new Chris Mayne and get the yips in front of goal and we have to find another role for him given we paid so much.

If this was for a AA-grade premium player, I'd be happy to overpay. But this is Schultz who is probably as good as he gets which makes him a decent role player. But as we showed last year, we can get those type of players trading 2nd/3rd rounds or through FA. You don't sell the farm for these type of role players.

A F1 for Schultz is high risk low upside.

Give it a rest Re Ginnivan and the Anzac Day medal way back in 2022. He wasn't in our best 23 for most of this year. Schultz would be a huge upgrade to Adams and Ginnivan.
tbf, he was suspended, and then played 8 games but he was out of form. He fought his way back into the 23 for the last 6 weeks, when it really mattered. Credit to him. He'll be better for it moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a premiership player FFS.

Also, 'Give it a rest' - I mentioned him once lol

I love your narrative, but it won't get the job done if we've set ourselves up as a mob that take it sweet without lube.

That's my point
In a hypothetical move on King he’s OOC unlike Shultz. That’s ample collateral to get a deal done and I’d encourage the club to move our 2023 1st into next year as well.

Let’s also revisit what’s lead to you having this POV. A timeline of trades under GW has the Schultz deal likely winding up slightly in our favour, the Adams deal was slightly in Sydney’s favour, the Henry into Mitchell deal was slightly in Geelong’s favour, the Hill deal was in our favour, the Frampton deal was in our favour (Adelaide won’t even use the pick), the Grundy deal was in our favour, the Kreuger deal was marginally in Geelong’s favour and Lipinski was clearly in our favour. Despite all of those fair deals you’ve built this complex that we’re catching? Get a grip we’ve just won a premiership and this FD know what they’re doing!

In a hypothetical move on King he’s OOC unlike Shultz. That’s ample collateral to get a deal done and I’d encourage the club to move our 2023 1st into next year as well.

Let’s also revisit what’s lead to you having this POV. A timeline of trades under GW has the Schultz deal likely winding up slightly in our favour, the Adams deal was slightly in Sydney’s favour, the Henry into Mitchell deal was slightly in Geelong’s favour, the Hill deal was in our favour, the Frampton deal was in our favour (Adelaide won’t even use the pick), the Grundy deal was in our favour, the Kreuger deal was marginally in Geelong’s favour and Lipinski was clearly in our favour. Despite all of those fair deals you’ve built this complex that we’re catching? Get a grip we’ve just won a premiership and this FD know what they’re doing!

You imagine that:

You know why I have my POV; and

You know what Wright is going to do.

I 100% agree that this football department knows what they're doing. That's why they won't give up the future first.

You're apologising for them before they've even made the mistake you think they're going to make.

I don't think they'll make it

You imagine that:

You know why I have my POV; and

You know what Wright is going to do.

I 100% agree that this football department knows what they're doing. That's why they won't give up the future first.

You're apologising for them before they've even made the mistake you think they're going to make.

I don't think they'll make it
Let’s revisit post trade depending on your answer to this question. Setting aside what we have what is a fair price for Schultz? Or what would be a fair ask if the roles were reversed?

Ginny has a tonne of work to do to be in the best side next year if we get Shooter . He will need more than a good pre season to push up the ground . Even if he does manage the fitness hes not moving anyone else out of the side easily. Jack is fringe as we speak let’s just hope something changes

I didn't say that.

It's silly, isn't it.

To be honest we wont have the currancy to get JUH or King next year even if we keep our future 1st unless we trade stars out. An extra pick about 20 doesnt cut it for GC or the Dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back