List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know clubs don’t do it anyway out of an unspoken agreement but would it be possible for another club to draft Wingard before Hawthorn despite him being in contract since they’ve now delisted him?

I know clubs don’t do it anyway out of an unspoken agreement but would it be possible for another club to draft Wingard before Hawthorn despite him being in contract since they’ve now delisted him?
Why would another club want him? He'll be spending most of 2024 in rehab after rupturing his achilles tendon.

He’s now a DFA candidate at the conclusion of his current contract.
So the risk (however small) is that he can walk to any club without hawks being able to match.

The only danger in this case is if he wants to finish his career in SA. But apart from that, doubt anyone would want him.

Wouldn't mind Max Holmes if possible.
Dunno much about trade action.
I'd take Hawkins for a year as he owes us one.

Yes, North did it with Hugh Greenwood. Although they actually swooped in on him as a DFA rather than wait for the draft.

No one will do it with Wingard because he'll be on the sidelines with his achilles for much of next year anyway.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has anyone heard about us being into Max King in the next 12 to 24 months?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, North did it with Hugh Greenwood. Although they actually swooped in on him as a DFA rather than wait for the draft.

No one will do it with Wingard because he'll be on the sidelines with his achilles for much of next year anyway.

I'd do it with Wingard. Had a bit of mojo back at the end of the year. Potential to get two and a half years of top footy without an acquisition price.

He was drafted pretty late (pick 48) A mate from work played in his northern knights team, Heath was discouraged from kicking the ball in case he hurt his hip. My mate even got benched once for not running past him to get the handball so he didn't have to kick!
There wasn't a bidding system back then. A father son cost you a third round pick.

Max Or Ben? I thought it was Ben that we were chasing. Hard to imagine Max leaving the Sainters when they’re both lifelong fans.

I agree - Chad Wingard, for example, is a long way from being a rookie.
Rookie positions should be for young players who miss out on being drafted for whatever reason.
Category B rookies are different, but it's still possible for manipulation to take place.
It should be for the undrafted and would also add mature second tier competition prospects who haven't been exposed to AFL previously.

Wouldn't mind Max Holmes if possible.
Dunno much about trade action.
I'd take Hawkins for a year as he owes us one.
We could just hang him on the wall in the locker room and punch him on the way out for matches?

Yes but Very Highly Reckon he stays a Sun

That is Ben heard Nothing about Max

Chad Wingard did a medical with us today but his preference is to remain a Hawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back