List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephens reminds me of the Carlton winger who is pretty soft and starting to get games under a new boss (Can't rem his name). Could be worth a punt on a cheapy. I'm all for McStay. He is a solid forward and doesnt get outmarked from what i've seen in the same way Cox does. I also have Henry pinned in as a lock and think it might be good for Cekkers to have a bit of pressure on his spot moving forward.

Stephens reminds me of the Carlton winger who is pretty soft and starting to get games under a new boss (Can't rem his name). Could be worth a punt on a cheapy. I'm all for McStay. He is a solid forward and doesnt get outmarked from what i've seen in the same way Cox does. I also have Henry pinned in as a lock and think it might be good for Cekkers to have a bit of pressure on his spot moving forward.
Dow? O'Brien?

Both are better than what they were. Really like Dow. Hope he comes to his senses and leaves, though.

Only flaw with Stephens is he's 1.84cm. We're brimming with those.

Dow? O'Brien?

Both are better than what they were. Really like Dow. Hope he comes to his senses and leaves, though.

Yeah I’ll admit I had gotten nauseous previously when Dow’s name had been mentioned but from what I saw on Sunday he’s nowhere near as bad as I remembered.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dow? O'Brien?

It’s strange, I went on the Carlton board after the game and many were very down on Dow’s game - I thought he went really well

It’s strange, I went on the Carlton board after the game and many were very down on Dow’s game - I thought he went really well
He's one I always watch, probably because he was a high pick. He can get the footy, but he can't kick. Looked like he was trying to avoid kicking and on the rare occasion he did kick, he fluffed it a couple of times - a couple of nice ones though. But I think he'd be an automatic selection in the midfield for us.

Hope the murmerings about Griffin Logue are accurate. If for nothing else, he was drafted with one of the two picks we gave up for Treloar. Something in that...

FWIW, the other Treloar pick was used by Melbourne to get Weideman.

He's one I always watch, probably because he was a high pick. He can get the footy, but he can't kick. Looked like he was trying to avoid kicking and on the rare occasion he did kick, he fluffed it a couple of times - a couple of nice ones though. But I think he'd be an automatic selection in the midfield for us.
You're kidding yourself if you think Dow is an automatic selection for us. Laughable.

He is a spud. He can't kick thats it. He's never been able to kick. He had a lucky championship run in his draft year and Carlton got sucked in.

You're kidding yourself if you think Dow is an automatic selection for us. Laughable.

He is a spud. He can't kick thats it. He's never been able to kick. He had a lucky championship run in his draft year and Carlton got sucked in.
He's a better player than either Brown and we've had one in the team every week, so I think he'd be selected in our team every week.

Doubt he gets selected so high if he can't kick, I don't want him but he was killing it in the under 18

Dow? O'Brien?

O'brien was the one. I've kept an eye on him as we were linked a few years back, and he has played most this year with quite a few good games. Stephens reminds me of the same. Swans have best young midfield in the league so would be hard to break in. If we could get another Lipinski like trade then it makes up for some poor drafts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem with Dow is that he can only play one position - inside mid - and it’s a position Carlton have two things in abundance of:
1. Quality
2. Depth.

He’s not a bad inside mid - he can win the football well - but he’s average, and he can’t play anywhere else. At Carlton he is their 5th or 6th best inside mid, and when you aren’t able to play anywhere else, you don’t fit in.

I would take him on the cheap if he became available, because although he lacks weapons, I think he is comparable to Ben Keays who faced similar issues but broke out when he moved to a new club

Incredibly soft, like, really really soft. We used to hammer Stevo and WHE for being soft on the wing, Stephens would take it to the next level, and we'd be fuming. He's just a failed top10 pick, highly doubt he ever makes it.

Only be Intrested on the Very Cheap

I'm interested in people's views here about Henry, Macrae and Poulter. They are yet to re-sign beyond their initial draft contracts.

Regarding Henry - a number of focus articles have come out in the past couple of weeks which mention a range of things that when put together become somewhat concerning for a bloke who is only in his second year:

1. He's in no rush to sign a new deal.

2. He was a mad Geelong supporter before being drafted (of course, his brother plays there).

3. Geelong were interested in him on draft night.

Regarding Macrae - there have been whispers of his unhappiness at the club since last year, he is virtually non-existent in the club's social media activity such as training pics which, he's very close to the Bulldogs players where his brother plays.

Regarding Poulter - despite solid showings last year and decent performances in the twos this year, he can't crack in and this week he was dropped from the 26 man squad entirely despite arguably a BOG performance in the VFL last week (from a numbers perspective).

What do people think about the delay in re-signing for these three? In particular, Henry and Macrae were our highest draft picks in 2020 and arguably the club would want to keep them beyond their first two years so they can squeeze as much juice from the lemon we got in return for the 2020 firesale (of which the Henry pick came from). Do you foresee us delisting them or them requesting a trade?

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

People can sook about Adams all they want but he’s entrenched in the 22 and so would Dow if he came over.
I wouldn't be against Dow on the cheap but I think Carmicheal will achieve just as much. We also have Harrison, McInnes, Murley, Mccrae and Bianco in the wings. I think we will get McStay and a midfielder with our first pick this year and hopefully get in the early second round and take a tall

I'm interested in people's views here about Henry, Macrae and Poulter. They are yet to re-sign beyond their initial draft contracts.

Regarding Henry - a number of focus articles have come out in the past couple of weeks which mention a range of things that when put together become somewhat concerning for a bloke who is only in his second year:

2. He was a mad Geelong supporter before being drafted (of course, his brother plays there).

Regarding Macrae - there have been whispers of his unhappiness at the club since last year, he is virtually non-existent in the club's social media activity such as training pics which, he's very close to the Bulldogs players where his brother plays.

Regarding Poulter - despite solid showings last year and decent performances in the twos this year, he can't crack in and this week he was dropped from the 26 man squad entirely despite arguably a BOG performance in the VFL last week (from a numbers perspective).

What do people think about the delay in re-signing for these three? In particular, Henry and Macrae were our highest draft picks in 2020 and arguably the club would want to keep them beyond their first two years so they can squeeze as much juice from the lemon we got in return for the 2020 firesale (of which the Henry pick came from). Do you foresee us delisting them or them requesting a trade?

I'm not concerned.

Re: Henry. He also said he is very happy. He probably just wants to play as much footy as he can and then organise a deal.

These players aren't the only 1st rounders without a deal yet.

Macrae is also happy from what his manager told me. And from what ive seen.

The group that was drafted together in 2020 are also quite close, so I don't forsee any issues.

With Poulter and Macrae its prob hard to determine their value, but a deal will be sorted at some point.

Gee Macrae hasn’t been on Instagram, that’s it he is off to the dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back