List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I see him and lettuce head did a preview of Collingwoods 2025 season on SEN Friday. I didnt want to ruin my entire mood for the weekend by listening to it however
Im listening now. Kane said Dan McStay isnt a key forward. When pressed from Sam that he is, kanes response:
"Thats like saying Jack Lukosius is a key forward"........

Im listening now. Kane said Dan McStay isnt a key forward. When pressed from Sam that he is, kanes response:
"Thats like saying Jack Lukosius is a key forward"........
Cracking Up Lol GIF

It makes sense for them to offer him a contract. It makes no sense for him to be offered a contract, turn it down, and then wait until after the regular trade and free agency period was over to be picked up as a delisted free agent. It also makes no sense that absolutely no reputable news outlets have reported this supposed 1 year deal if it existed. That’s pretty relevant info. In fact there was one journo who even directly answered that question on Twitter (it was either Morris or Edmund I think) when asked and they very specifically said no, he was never offered a deal.

How convenient, it’s nowhere to be found on the internet and you can’t remember where you read it. Sounds legit.

Carlton not offering a contract to Owies after a 30 goal year made no sense either but it happened. Clubs can have their reasons. Maybe they felt he just didn’t fit in to their 22 anymore and they want to give younger players more opportunity in the role.
I could be completely wrong about Richmond and Rioli/Bolton, maybe GC and Freo are just stupid, but supposedly these kind of salary cap deals are more prevalent than are ever reported. Who knows. But I just can’t accept that multiple journalists from reputable outlets would flat out say that he was never offered a deal when in fact he was offered one and then it got taken back in a mutual agreement. That’s actually legitimately interesting information that nobody with half a brain would omit and deny it ever happened, so it confuses me why you’d die on this hill when you can’t even find where you supposedly read this info yourself.

With Owies, that move plus the Kennedy and Carrol moves, plus not making a move on Houston make perfect sense if their salary cap is full.

In terms of reporters reporting that he's out of contract without a contract offer - they're right or he wouldn't be available in dfa, but that doesn't mean he wasn't made a one year offer previously and it doesn't mean the no current contract offer hasnt been negotiated between his manager and club.

With Owies, that move plus the Kennedy and Carrol moves, plus not making a move on Houston make perfect sense if their salary cap is full.

In terms of reporters reporting that he's out of contract without a contract offer - they're right or he wouldn't be available in dfa, but that doesn't mean he wasn't made a one year offer previously and it doesn't mean the no current contract offer hasnt been negotiated between his manager and club.
That Owies, we let a good one go there

I don't agree, thought Sullivan showed signs he is at least an ok AFL player, I didn't think long showed anything, id prefer to cut long and draft a kid
Agree he looks okay although below the standard needed for AFL imo. But he is 27 years old, so how much better is he going to get? Long on the other hand is 21 so has more scope for improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam has only just come out of his self harm episode over Dan Houston. He is now busily deleting tweets and trying to come up with rebuttals to SEN callers who will be calling up to remind him that he is a flog....
Yes, but are Carlton still a chance for Houston?

We really need a Sam Edmund tweet to unify us at the minute
Nah we just need to draft a couple of Hine smokies, typically 5'10" half back flankers who haven't come through any sort of elite Aussie Rules junior pathway, while other teams pick up all the KPP talent you can poke a stick at. That will get the board humming along again for sure.

Nah we just need to draft a couple of Hine smokies, typically 5'10" half back flankers who haven't come through any sort of elite Aussie Rules junior pathway, while other teams pick up all the KPP talent you can poke a stick at. That will get the board humming along again for sure.
I sense a "best available at the pick" brewing instead of a KPF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back