List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you compare him to Nick Daicos and it's like looking at a toddler compared to an adult. JHF has a tantrum and won't do his ice bath because he's the number one pick. ND has probably had three ice baths and started other parts of his recovery. Something about his attitude that stands out. With his talent, he could be having a lot more to say and people would listen. Yet, he remains humble and focusing on his game. Being the number one pick comes with pressure, yes, but it doesn't put a player above the rest of the group and JHF is being immature so he can go back home to SA.
Agree with all that, like a lot of younger players they take time to mature. We back our system and program to extract the best out of players.

How do you rate Murley I've only seen a fee games but wasn't much chop in what I did see.
I find interesting people talk him up and pot poulter.
I've been really hoping that Poulter makes it as I just like the kid.

Key difference I would say is that Murley has a genuine weapon (his pace) that Poults doesn't have.

Poulter has really nice height for a mid but just doesn't utilise it and I imagine that would be a challenge to do if playing on a wing. Especially when he's still so skinny.

I'd hope we give him one more year as another preseason and a Ben Reid diet of bbq chooks and milkshakes could really help him, but spots are going to be relatively tight so nothing would shock me.

yeah sounds good, but ever heard a recruiting manager sh*t on their own picks in their first year? I havent, as they have a heavy vested interest (their own reputation) in pumping them up. Always remember Ben Kennedy being talked up in practice matches... "he really showed today why he was a first round pick for us"... which obv went nowhere. Ie., Arlo looks the goods in patches, whilst I'm not convinced Harrison wouldve been selected early in the year. Who would he have replaced in the first team?
I understand your point but it more about how they had recognised Arlo’s true position in the middle and the struggle that HH had had recovering from Covid after his potential to play in the 1s
HH may have taken Reef’s spot on of the weeks or any any of our small forwards when they needed a rest
He certainly wasn’t as glowing about Murley and I thought it was a good matter-of-fact update

yeah sounds good, but ever heard a recruiting manager sh*t on their own picks in their first year? I havent, as they have a heavy vested interest (their own reputation) in pumping them up. Always remember Ben Kennedy being talked up in practice matches... "he really showed today why he was a first round pick for us"... which obv went nowhere. Ie., Arlo looks the goods in patches, whilst I'm not convinced Harrison wouldve been selected early in the year. Who would he have replaced in the first team?
Harrison would have debuted when Reef did. But he happened to get covid at the time, and so they went with Reef instead. But there was an article it was between Reef/Harrison.
Believe he was also mentioned in one of those Club 42 events, Ive got a friend who is a member.

I remember thinking how quick Harrison jumped ahead of the pack when he was in the emergencies list not long before he had covid, which was when he was making an impression.

The club sees him as a danger-like; explosive mid-forward who can kick goals. Really good around stoppages.

How do you rate Murley I've only seen a fee games but wasn't much chop in what I did see.
I find interesting people talk him up and pot poulter.
He's small and needs to put on a bit of size. He has the fastest break away speed from packs that I've ever seen. He just needs to get involved more and use that break away speed

Harrison would have debuted when Reef did. But he happened to get covid at the time, and so they went with Reef instead. But there was an article it was between Reef/Harrison.
Believe he was also mentioned in one of those Club 42 events, Ive got a friend who is a member.

I remember thinking how quick Harrison jumped ahead of the pack when he was in the emergencies list not long before he had covid, which was when he was making an impression.

The club sees him as a danger-like; explosive mid-forward who can kick goals. Really good around stoppages.

Hence the number then!

he's had some really good games. His pace on the wing has been outstanding and can go forward and kick goals. He is small, but he is very quick. You could basically use him either wing or up forward.
Even HB. But we've got a lot of players focused there at the moment. Merlin is someone I think has enough magic and pizzazz that we could have found a future star. Only knock against him is that he supported Carlton as a kid.

Even HB. But we've got a lot of players focused there at the moment. Merlin is someone I think has enough magic and pizzazz that we could have found a future star. Only knock against him is that he supported Carlton as a kid.
Yeah, thats a downside. But thankfully that part of his life is over.

Harrison's problem in the VFL is that playing at HF means he won't always see a lot of the ball. When he was named as an emergency, I started paying attention to the kid as I thought he was a throwaway selection we had to make. Last week, until he was injured, he was on fire and I believe we'll be seeing a lot more of him in 2023. Such an interesting prospect who not many people know about but one I want to watch more of. VFL premiership would be a good start to his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harrison's problem in the VFL is that playing at HF means he won't always see a lot of the ball. When he was named as an emergency, I started paying attention to the kid as I thought he was a throwaway selection we had to make. Last week, until he was injured, he was on fire and I believe we'll be seeing a lot more of him in 2023. Such an interesting prospect who not many people know about but one I want to watch more of. VFL premiership would be a good start to his career.
He plays mid as well. You'd see him at centre bouce and then he'd float forward.
But his last 2 weeks were fantastic. Just unfortunate he did his hammy again.

I think if we had not done so well this season I Draper and Harrison would have both been tried in the 1sts although I do not think we would have been able to draft Arlo if not for injury. We have done brilliantly with our SA boys over the last 2 or 3 seasons and next season I think both HH and Arlo will be pushing for spots Cooper I think needs another yr in the system but I do agree he has the pace to be a chance.

I think if we are recruiting from SA I would really like Keeler if possible,footy gods please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back