List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrison would have debuted when Reef did. But he happened to get covid at the time, and so they went with Reef instead. But there was an article it was between Reef/Harrison.
Believe he was also mentioned in one of those Club 42 events, Ive got a friend who is a member.

I remember thinking how quick Harrison jumped ahead of the pack when he was in the emergencies list not long before he had covid, which was when he was making an impression.

The club sees him as a danger-like; explosive mid-forward who can kick goals. Really good around stoppages.

Danger like is some big praise what’s his height and weight again? Dangers a decent sized unit.

Harrison's problem in the VFL is that playing at HF means he won't always see a lot of the ball. When he was named as an emergency, I started paying attention to the kid as I thought he was a throwaway selection we had to make. Last week, until he was injured, he was on fire and I believe we'll be seeing a lot more of him in 2023. Such an interesting prospect who not many people know about but one I want to watch more of. VFL premiership would be a good start to his career.
I don’t know if he’ll make it, pick 52 doesn’t suggest clubs clambering to get him in the door but…
The size of the kid (strength), his speed
If he makes it, look out. What a combo of attributes

If we listen to the “scribes” Grundy is going to Port, Melbourne and Hawthorn. JDG is going to the Saints and staying with us and we are both leading and out of the race for Taranto. I’ve given up listening to them especially this week with SEN flooding the air waves with constant Grundy bs. Apparently Gerard said he knows what Grundys thinking and he’s leaving. They are now mind readers 🤦‍♂️

Horne Francis any chance to be picked up? Could be a good trade for Grundy and a pick

Would you want an attitude like his within the playing group?
This bloke plays to the beat of his own drum, and nothing team oriented with this guy. N Daicos has shown him up in ability, attitude and respect for your teammates.....
Apparently with the Cunnington announcement during last week, everyone is happy, and this bloke looks totally disinterested.....

I don’t think he’ll make it.
Would love to see MaCrae in the team before end of the season.
I don’t think it’s the time for Macrae, he’s been building nicely the second half of the year. I think the coaching staff will tell him they are happy with the way he’s progressing, bring it into next year and you’ll get plenty of game time.

If we listen to the “scribes” Grundy is going to Port, Melbourne and Hawthorn. JDG is going to the Saints and staying with us and we are both leading and out of the race for Taranto. I’ve given up listening to them especially this week with SEN flooding the air waves with constant Grundy bs. Apparently Gerard said he knows what Grundys thinking and he’s leaving. They are now mind readers 🤦‍♂️

Has Gerard even spoken to Collingwood or Grundy? He just goes with what is on the rumour mill, and jumps on board.
I mean Grundy is openly talking to clubs, so he must be at the point of reality that football is a business as much as it's a sport, and the nature of the business is for a club to give itself the best opportunity to win premierships.
I think conversations between Grundy and the club would be mature and respectful, and the club have probably openly laid out to him that his contract in it's current form, may be a hindrance to us having the ability to strengthen or balance out our list with ready made talent via trading. Sounds to me he was given the option to re-negotiate his contract and if not, to possibly explore options to see if another club would pay a majority of his current contract, and we could entertain a trade for him.
The way it sounds in some media circles, is that we are just dumping him onto another club after just a few years into his new contract without dialogue, and he is getting blindsided by us.
Grundy strikes me as a guy who would appreciate open and truthful conversations, and the realities that anyone can be traded, for the betterment of a clubs position, list management wise.

He is.
Harrison is actually a big boy for 18 years old. Bigger than murley.
And he has pace as well.
He's bigger than Murley, but I've run into and had a chat with him before. He was with Chaz Dean, who I'm about the same size as - Danger is a good bit taller than him, and currently 15 kilos heavier than him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Edmund reporting old news. Richmond were always coming hard for Taranto but Collingwood leading.

I think the club knows that Taranto and Hill will nominate us as their club of choice. So hence why we are trying to create the cap space we need. On top of McStay and maybe Bruhn.

Has Gerard even spoken to Collingwood or Grundy? He just goes with what is on the rumour mill, and jumps on board.
I mean Grundy is openly talking to clubs, so he must be at the point of reality that football is a business as much as it's a sport, and the nature of the business is for a club to give itself the best opportunity to win premierships.
I think conversations between Grundy and the club would be mature and respectful, and the club have probably openly laid out to him that his contract in it's current form, may be a hindrance to us having the ability to strengthen or balance out our list with ready made talent via trading. Sounds to me he was given the option to re-negotiate his contract and if not, to possibly explore options to see if another club would pay a majority of his current contract, and we could entertain a trade for him.
The way it sounds in some media circles, is that we are just dumping him onto another club after just a few years into his new contract without dialogue, and he is getting blindsided by us.
Grundy strikes me as a guy who would appreciate open and truthful conversations, and the realities that anyone can be traded, for the betterment of a clubs position, list management wise.
I agree there is some rubbish being reported.
If I was in Grundy’s shoes I’d be using these discussions with other clubs to understand my worth in 2022.
I can then get a better understanding and assess the fairness of Coll’s position in seeking a review of the contract.

It’s a very prudent approach to negotiations.

He's bigger than Murley, but I've run into and had a chat with him before. He was with Chaz Dean, who I'm about the same size as - Danger is a good bit taller than him, and currently 15 kilos heavier than him.
Well he is only 18, so that build will increase in time. He wont be a tall mid, but an explosive one.

Not sure if this has been posted:

Sam Edmund said Taranto is still choosing between either us or Richmond but Geelong are now sniffing.

He said De Goey will choose either Collingwood or St Kilda but leaning to Collingwood provided we offer him a fair deal.

Grundy was apparently "blown away" by Melbourne's presentation to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back