List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, fair enough!
You need to post as though the person on whom you are commenting is looking over your shoulder reading every word you type. Or their mother, father, brother sister or friend. Apparently we are not alone with our thoughts in here. The only person I never consider as likely to read my posts is jonbe54.

You need to post as though the person on whom you are commenting is looking over your shoulder reading every word you type. Or their mother, father, brother sister or friend. Apparently we are not alone with our thoughts in here. The only person I never consider as likely to read my posts is jonbe54.
And don't get me started on your name, considering your posts on TGG. Or No Spin.

I mean, I was being tongue in cheek with the sook comment I made about Henry. Certainly there's been a lot worse said about some other Collingwood players here.

But you're right - the only person whose opinion on my discourse I really don't care for is Kappa's.

I think you'll find I am not the only person on this board who has raised a level of bemusement over Henry using the acquisition of McStay as leverage in his contract negotiations.
I wouldn't be regurgitating anything that little turd Sam Edmunds said. How the heck McStay has another to do with Henry has me stumped. COMPLETELY different players but he's looking for a dramatic angle to a story that doesn't exist.

What I took from this info without saying much Edmund lol is that they are at least up to the offers part of negotiations. They'll meet somewhere in the middle, a compromise.
Notwithstanding it is the job of a manager to get the best deal for their client, I'm still a little miffed as to how a second-year player who has played 24 games and is currently out of the senior side is trying to squeeze as much juice from the orange to the point where two months out from the end of his contract he remains to-ing and fro-ing over his worth.

Unless the club has seriously lowballed him, I have to wonder if this is Henry and his management not quite getting the memo that the Collingwood list management/salary strategy is no longer the charity it once was.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're a long time retired.

I don't begrudge any player taking their time with negotiations or pushing for the best deal they can get.

I mean, it annoys the shit out of me as a supporter but that's my problem.

You're a long time retired.

I don't begrudge any player taking their time with negotiations or pushing for the best deal they can get.

I mean, it annoys the s**t out of me as a supporter but that's my problem.
I mean sure, but remember how gobsmacked we all were when we found out Stephenson was on $600k in his third year?

Tom Wilson is completing no-contact training drills and his level of impact will increase over time.

He will return to full training by week one of pre-season.

Does this mean Wilson is contracted for next year?

Tom Wilson is completing no-contact training drills and his level of impact will increase over time.

He will return to full training by week one of pre-season.

Does this mean Wilson is contracted for next year?
No, Jarrad Wade has no say on the contractual status of players. He'd be derelict in his duty to wipe his hands and say that's it for Tommy and there's no need to do rehab because he won't be on the list next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, I was being tongue in cheek with the sook comment I made about Henry. Certainly there's been a lot worse said about some other Collingwood players here.

But you're right - the only person whose opinion on my discourse I really don't care for is Kappa's.
I was tongue in cheek with my own comment. Either that or I certainly don't practice what I preach. It's only yesterday that I was digitally keel-hauled for a spot of black humour on Henry. Only I (and one other poster) saw the humour. Everyone else just saw the black part.

It was revealed earlier in the month that Collingwood ruckman Brodie Grundy has met with Melbourne as discussions swirl surrounding his future.

McRae believes players meeting with opposition sides is simply a reality of footy in 2022.

“I’m probably more of the view that it’s the reality,” McRae said.

“It’s happening all over the country. We can’t control free agency. Brodie’s a bit different, he’s a contracted player, but managements talk to people, our list manager Graham Wright is talking to his manager and the details are exactly what they look like.

“So that might present an opportunity for a door to be open so I’m more of the approach that we just accept it for what it is, but also have that maturity to be able to be like ‘you step back into our walls, you’re a Collingwood player, let’s get to work, let’s get busy here, make us better’.”

I imagine Gold Coast would still ask for a fortune.

Would be perfect extracting inside footy for Daicos x2 and others. Just don’t know that he’s attainable. And, if we can nab Taranto & a Fiorini type (ideal off-season alongside McStay) then I’m not sure we’d have space.
What do Gold Coast actually need?

For a team that doesn't make finals they have depth in most areas?

Would they simply be after an experienced leader?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

What cheap midfield options would you consider?
If they’re no better than the youth we can already develop, why bother clogging up our list?
I have no idea what’s gettable.
However… for the sake of this exercise…
Sam Philp is 21. Recruited in first round of the 2019 draft. He had insane clearance numbers in the U18 and was the quickest player in the combine. To date, 2 senior games for the Blues, rotting in the forward pocket (a position he NEVER played as a junior ) and riddled with injuries. I can’t see him getting an inside mid position at Carlton too soon. We could do with that. Let’s see what it takes to get him out?
PS. I kinda know a bit about Sammy. 😄

Notwithstanding it is the job of a manager to get the best deal for their client, I'm still a little miffed as to how a second-year player who has played 24 games and is currently out of the senior side is trying to squeeze as much juice from the orange to the point where two months out from the end of his contract he remains to-ing and fro-ing over his worth.

Unless the club has seriously lowballed him, I have to wonder if this is Henry and his management not quite getting the memo that the Collingwood list management/salary strategy is no longer the charity it once was.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or he has another club in his manager's ear offering more $ and opportunity.

I think Henry is just going through the process, nothing to worry about.

No, Jarrad Wade has no say on the contractual status of players. He'd be derelict in his duty to wipe his hands and say that's it for Tommy and there's no need to do rehab because he won't be on the list next year.
That would be negligent as anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back