List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The most recent (3 days ago) reports are :

Richards has met with the Power as he ponders a three-year deal to move to the South Australian club, while he is also considering a similar offer to remain at the Pies for 2025 and beyond.

The deals cant be all that similar. If they were, why would you even consider moving? With HH out for a while, Richards surely should back himself in at the Pies. Must be a pretty good offer at Port to consider going IMO

The deals cant be all that similar. If they were, why would you even consider moving? With HH out for a while, Richards surely should back himself in at the Pies. Must be a pretty good offer at Port to consider going IMO
We had offered him 2 years. Port offered him 3 years. We increased our offer to 3 years.

Nowhere is the $ mentioned.

Depends where he thinks he'll get more game time, I guess.

Does he & his partner want to move to SA.

Would he prefer Fly as coach or 'who knows who will be coach' at Port?

Lots of different things for him to weigh up between the two offers.

We don't know what he's thinking. Only that he hasn't revealed it publicly if he has in fact made up his mind.

We had offered him 2 years. Port offered him 3 years. We increased our offer to 3 years.

We don't know what he's thinking. Only that he hasn't revealed it publicly if he has in fact made up his mind.
Agreed. I just think that to even consider moving to Port, the must be a significant difference in the offers. I actually dont mind if that is the case. Collingwood should stick to what is reasonable for a guy who hasn't racked up 10 games yet. If Port want to come over the top, let them I say. Hopefully he can turn into a win for us. If he was staying, we'd know by now.

These are big decisions when you are making for your career, so no surprise he is torn and taking his time with it. You have to weigh up so many things, as you stated. Its not as clear cut as people think. But we'll know soon one way or another.
I do get the sense he may be leaving, but time will tell, I reckon before the weekend is out. Or even Monday.

I think James Blanck would be good. His spot is now clouded with Sicily, Frost, Battle and Weddle having been infront of him. McCabe developing there too. And could also get Barrass.

Nick Murray is another one. Mark Keane, Butts and Borlase infront of him.

And last one is Hugh Davies, where Pearce, Ryan, Cox and Draper are all holding him out of the squad too. He played really well in the WAFL GF and for Peel Thunder all year.
Murray would be a good get.

These are big decisions when you are making for your career, so no surprise he is torn and taking his time with it. You have to weigh up so many things, as you stated. Its not as clear cut as people think. But we'll know soon one way or another.
I do get the sense he may be leaving, but time will tell, I reckon before the weekend is out. Or even Monday.
The club would have a fair idea, I'd think, as they'd be trying to work out any other deals they need to make.

The club would have a fair idea, I'd think, as they'd be trying to work out any other deals they need to make.
In Fly's speech tonight, he certainly indicated that Richards was at least part of the plans for the future. Wishful thing maybe??

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back