List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

There reporting port are furious with Carlton and don’t even wanna deal with them because of there pure arrogance
In regards to houston

Considering all the media is saying north and Carlton but he hasn’t nominated - can’t see it being strictly 2 clubs

Given he hasn’t nominated a specific club, wouldn’t be surprised if he just stays at Port.

The Rioli trade sets the market on Noble. Sit back and wait for that to go through then commence negotiations on Noble.
I absolutely agree that Rioli for pick 6 in itself at least opens the conversation of pick 12 for Noble (clearly with a sweetener/s).
Pick 6 seems very high for Rioli.
We can be fairly sure that GCS will be prepared to pay overs pick wise for certain player types this trade period. They just want the experienced players, not draftees.

Surely you'd think Peatling would pick us over Adelaide?

But then we don't seem to be an actual destination club strangely enough

As a midfielder, and with Perryman very likely coming our way already for midfield time, what is his role going to be?

We haven’t retired off Wombat, he’s coming back. De Goey, Allan, McCreery, all getting increased midfield minutes in 2025 as compared with 2024.

I absolutely agree that Rioli for pick 6 in itself at least opens the conversation of pick 12 for Noble (clearly with a sweetener/s).
Pick 6 seems very high for Rioli.
We can be fairly sure that GCS will be prepared to pay overs pick wise for certain player types this trade period. They just want the experienced players, not draftees.
No sweeteners. Unless something comes out of nowhere Rioli is going for Pick 6 which slides to 7 and maybe Richmond’s 3rd tacked on for Lombard points, but 12 slides to at least 15 and possibly as late as 17. That’s fair for a running HB with 2 years to run on his contract with 100+ games left in him. If GC don’t come to the table you keep him.

Surely you'd think Peatling would pick us over Adelaide?

But then we don't seem to be an actual destination club strangely enough

We're too intimidating

For all the talk about our advantages in trading because of the MCG and big crowds, people forget about the pressure that comes with it. Do we think players don’t look at social media and haven’t seen the comments on McStay or Schultz? We’re so big as a club that you can’t fly under the radar. It only suits a certain type of person.

Going back to my fave potential recruit it’s why I’m worried about our pitch to LDU. He doesn’t seem like the type to want the limelight. Unlike, say, a Trac or H Reid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a midfielder, and with Perryman very likely coming our way already for midfield time, what is his role going to be?

We haven’t retired off Wombat, he’s coming back. De Goey, Allan, McCreery, all getting increased midfield minutes in 2025 as compared with 2024.
Everything looks questionable on paper. We will find a spot for him and if he's coming, they probably already have his role in mind. McCreery hasn't shown he can play midfield at any stage, this is a BF fatuation and his best spot is forward. Allan played 1 half decent game and is still an unknown quantity. Both Perryman and Peatling improve our age demographic also.

For all the talk about our advantages in trading because of the MCG and big crowds, people forget about the pressure that comes with it. Do we think players don’t look at social media and haven’t seen the comments on McStay or Schultz? We’re so big as a club that you can’t fly under the radar. It only suits a certain type of person.

Going back to my fave potential recruit it’s why I’m worried about our pitch to LDU. He doesn’t seem like the type to want the limelight. Unlike, say, a Trac or H Reid.
Perryman. As Jimmy suggested earlier I fear it’s going to be a vicious cycle with him. He cops the heat of a “big” contract, he then plays laconically, then that brings the heat and all of it weighs you down.

At least with Shoota he works his nards off and won’t die wondering (if anything he overworked in 2024) blind Freddy can see that which is fixable to get him back to his form of 22-23.

It will be both. 850k for Perryman is just outrageous.
Ok, so here’s what the media do with Collingwood acquisition targets. They inflate the numbers to cause outrage. This outrage perpetuates the interest. This interest leads to more clicks. Player arrives and he’s already been marinated and ready to be eaten by his own (us). Stop falling for it!

I can't imagine we'll be able to satisfy Port in a trade for Houston, unless we got 12 in exchange for Noble. Which I just can't see happening.

I swear this 12 for Noble thing is insane to me (I know it's not you)

I don't know who keeps bringing it up like it's a realistic thing. I don't know why it keeps being brought up like a realistic thing.

We will not be getting Pick 12 for Noble

No sweeteners. Unless something comes out of nowhere Rioli is going for Pick 6 which slides to 7 and maybe Richmond’s 3rd tacked on for Lombard points, but 12 slides to at least 15 and possibly as late as 17. That’s fair for a running HB with 2 years to run on his contract with 100+ games left in him. If GC don’t come to the table you keep him.
Gold Coast’s thinking is pick 12 for Noble and our F1.

I swear this 12 for Noble thing is insane to me (I know it's not you)

I don't know who keeps bringing it up like it's a realistic thing. I don't know why it keeps being brought up like a realistic thing.

We will not be getting Pick 12 for Noble
The pick 12 is a starting point. We'll get 20 or 26 for him

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back