List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

As a midfielder, and with Perryman very likely coming our way already for midfield time, what is his role going to be?

We haven’t retired off Wombat, he’s coming back. De Goey, Allan, McCreery, all getting increased midfield minutes in 2025 as compared with 2024.
They'd play multiple roles.

A 23 of 3 tall defenders, 2 tall forwards, ruck, forward/ruck + 16 blokes playing small.

Titch just midfield
Hill, Elliott, Schultz just forward
Bruzzy IQ just defence

Leaves 10 spots in the 22 for players who play multiple roles

Nick, JDG, Josh, Crisp, Pendles, MCCreery, Sidey, WHE - 8

Perryman and Peatling in - leaving Lippa out. There's space and they will likely play multiple roles.

And realistically we're not going to have them all fit too often.

That’s awful for us. Lord for Noble and help Carlton land Houston?
Cooney worded it even worse by suggesting we get 12 for Noble then move that for Lord. He tacked it on to satisfy Port, but his justification for 12 for Noble was sound (GC not valuing picks as highly as players).

A 23 of 3 tall defenders, 2 tall forwards, ruck, forward/ruck + 16 blokes playing small.

Titch just midfield
Bruzzy IQ just defence

Perryman and Peatling in - leaving Lippa out. There's space and they will likely play multiple roles.

Not only this, we're about to lose like...6 players at the end of next season

Gold Coast’s thinking is pick 12 for Noble and our F1.
No it’s not. Don’t get me wrong I get their interest in our future 1st, but to them that’s worth more than 12 because that pick is worthless to them under this system.

Cooney worded it even worse by suggesting we get 12 for Noble then move that for Lord. He tacked it on to satisfy Port, but his justification for 12 for Noble was sound (GC not valuing picks as highly as players).
12 for lord, cooney is a looney

Trade Radio

I understand people have different philosophies, I understand most of what Kane says is waffle, but for once his thoughts and mine collide (except Perryman where I think he loses a bit of direction there) in terms of McCrae’s comments re players / picks

Edit: I’m sure Fly’s comments were just he’s musings and, like Cornes states, I’m also sure those around him are in constant discussion re balancing picks / players

Last night on Footy Furance Morris said it was out of Carlton and North with Carlton the front runners, we were not even mentioned.

If we get one player this trade period it has to be Houston, this replaces the need to use Nick at HB and replaces Maynard to play further up the ground.
Houston’s kicking will also compliment our corridor game.
Josh Daicos looked good at half back late in the year with Noble playing higher up the ground. Houston would be a nice pick up, but there’s options already on our list.

Titch just midfield
Bruzzy IQ just defence

This is much more realistic and well presented. Players like Lippa and even WHE shouldn't be guaranteed a game every week just because. Both Perryman and Peatling are an upgrade on both and can both go through the midfield. Peatling is also a better forward than both. I'm not sure why people are concerned about the 2 Players

Trade Radio

I understand people have different philosophies, I understand most of what Kane says is waffle, but for once his thoughts and mine collide (except Perryman where I think he loses a bit of direction there) in terms of McCrae’s comments re players / picks

Edit: I’m sure Fly’s comments were just he’s musings and, like Cornes states, I’m also sure those around him are in constant discussion re balancing picks / players

We picked up 2 kids last year. Harry & TJ. We'll likely select 2 more this year.

How many more would Kane like us to pick up each year?

Some work out. Some don't.

We picked up 2 kids last year. Harry & TJ. We'll likely select 2 more this year.

How many more would Kane like us to pick up each year?

Some work out. Some don't.
Imagine we'll pick three this year, unless we ungrade someone from the rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is much more realistic and well presented. Players like Lippa and even WHE shouldn't be guaranteed a game every week just because. Both Perryman and Peatling are an upgrade on both and can both go through the midfield. Peatling is also a better forward than both. I'm not sure why people are concerned about the 2 Players

Wrong Manic, wrong

This seriously underestimates Premiership Hero WHE

Mega trade time lol

So we lose Noble and then give way Pick 12 from the Suns for Lord....🤣🤣🤣....

Lord wasn't even an emergency in their finals teams. I know he has had some injuries and has potential, but to say he's the value of a Pick 12 is laughable......

Wrong Manic, wrong

This seriously underestimates Premiership Hero WHE
As I said, we shouldn't gift games to anyone. WHE will have his role next year but don't expect him to be playing every week. It will be good to have competition for the likes of WHE and Lippa. Rinse and repeat isn't a good way to go forward, time to add some fabric softner try a new washing powder.

So we lose Noble and then give way Pick 12 from the Suns for Lord....🤣🤣🤣....

Lord wasn't even an emergency in their finals teams. I know he has had some injuries and has potential, but to say he's the value of a Pick 12 is laughable......
Trade radio reminds me of string theory physicists trying to justify their job.

There you go. 3.

Such a lot of outrage over Fly's comments. Paul Roos used to say the same thing.

People taking his comments too literal. In the end the list management does what is best. Nothing will change like last few years. We will take picks to the draft while trying to recruit. It’s a balance of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Daicos looked good at half back late in the year with Noble playing higher up the ground. Houston would be a nice pick up, but there’s options already on our list.

Yes he did, but Josh looked AA and Copeland good in 2023, a premiership year, playing wing. Houston would allow him to return to a wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back