List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask the people delivering it whether they do it as an educational piece and whether they get paid to welcome us to their country. In what way does this help any indigenous communities work towards fairness and equality? It doesn’t! It’s a load of virtue signalling garbage.

Abraham Lincoln is alleged to have said:

“It is better to stay silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.”

He was a wise man, old Abe.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Ask the people delivering it whether they do it as an educational piece and whether they get paid to welcome us to their country. In what way does this help any indigenous communities work towards fairness and equality? It doesn’t! It’s a load of virtue signalling garbage.
Actually the money they receive from the ceremony goes toward their tribe/community. So you are in fact wrong here.

Abraham Lincoln is alleged to have said that:

“It is better to stay silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.”

Fool is generous for Stronz.
It’s pretty obvious what he is.

It has been said for a while this was the case. Also a blues fan growing up, best mates with silvani (since they were kids)
"He was in his father’s ear in the hope he could use his Carlton list manager powers to secure Houston’s services pre and post national draft. The long-kicking youngster was initially overlooked before the Power swooped in with pick 45 in the rookie draft.

It would’ve been a dream come true for Houston who, as a mad Blue-bagger, idolised Stephen as a youngster."
Silvagni is probably going to get cut

Abraham Lincoln is alleged to have said that:

If he was a bit wiser he wouldn't of knocked his bodyguard off to go to the pub when he was in Fords Theatre..

When it comes to Aboriginal cultural awareness there are so many wonderful people who are willing to listen, to learn and respect. Even if they disagree they always respect. Unfortunately, there is always one like yourself.
You may be 100% correct, however there may be some here who don't want this place to be political. The mantra "always was, always will be" is there on everyone of your posts. That is your belief and that is OK. I would prefer to see that in a political forum and not here. I think it provokes the wrong sort of debate here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think it does much at all to help the local communities. I’m not sure the haka helps Māori communities either but for me that’s not the point. We have the worlds oldest living culture and people get so precious when we make an effort to embrace it.

Katy Perry just got paid 5mil for a 20 min performance. The going rate for welcome to country is $730. It’s uncle Colin’s job to perform these as well as other tasks that the committee he works for consider to be educational.

So we get outraged over an aboriginal elder getting paid to perform one minute ceremony’s but we are ok with pop star getting 5 mil for 20 minutes.

I find it bizarre that of all the things in the world that people choose to get outraged over that welcome to country would be one of them.

I don’t think it does much at all to help the local communities. I’m not sure the haka helps Māori communities either but for me that’s not the point. We have the worlds oldest living culture and people get so precious when we make an effort to embrace it.

Katy Perry just got paid 5mil for a 20 min performance. The going rate for welcome to country is $730. It’s uncle Colin’s job to perform these as well as other tasks that the committee he works for consider to be educational.

So we get outraged over an aboriginal elder getting paid to perform one minute ceremony’s but we are ok with pop star getting 5 mil for 20 minutes.

I find it bizarre that of all the things in the world that people choose to get outraged over that welcome to country would be one of them.
Rolling Stones wanted 20 mill for 20 minutes apparently

You may be 100% correct, however there may be some here who don't want this place to be political. The mantra "always was, always will be" is there on everyone of your posts. That is your belief and that is OK. I would prefer to see that in a political forum and not here. I think it provokes the wrong sort of debate here.
I get it was meant as an innocent joke but I’d suggest the post hanging shit on welcome to country was itself political.

Rolling Stones wanted 20 mill for 20 minutes apparently
Yer crazy money. Btw I’m not suggesting we shouldn’t spend money on decent pre game entertainment. Just making the point that so many people get outraged at aboriginal elders getting paid for certain things that pale in comparison to where other monies are spent

5M! ****!

Don’t think those indigenous communities asked for us to be traded to them and considering we tried to have them delisted I think you’re overreacting a tad.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back