List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

But given the cap is going up, wouldn't that mean clubs would have (includ carlton) more space in the cap?
It would, but you also need spots available to bring players in. What would be interesting is how much % increase goes to their stars who have signed long term contracts. Did Weitering re-sign during the year? If St Kilda were going to offer him 1.5mill, then I’m tipping Carlton would need to offer him 1.2-1.3 to stay.

Wait until you hear what they're going to do.
McGovern forward, Saad on ball and SOS backline..

It's comical.
Whichever quick forward we put on SOS will enjoy his 6 goal haul. He wouldn't be able to even find or see Bobby. McGovern forward i like. Ice in his veins against us

Terrible year in what metric exactly? Compared to what? Was almost back to his best. 2023 was poor given his injuries, but this year, was much improved.
Kicked 18 goals, and was out best 5 players in the first half of the year. Dropped off after that, who didn't, but then found some form late in the year.

And here comes Jen off the top of the turnbuckle and Manic is out cold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect summation. I'm actually one of the few who remains cool during the thread which is a bit of a shock to me
I avoid the game day thread. Sometimes I’ll log on at quarter time or half time and lob a grenade by saying something positive about a player who isn’t going that well. Then wait for the responses from the negative Nancies!

If Perryman does leave for the Pies the Power would have missed out on both their key defensive targets given they also wanted Cumming.
It would be a brave coach in Ken Hinkley to trade away dual All Australian Dan Houston, especially with Kane Farrell a free agent next year and fellow defender Josh Sinn also out of contract next year.

Houston would like to find his way to the Blues but with the Roos offering a future first-rounder Carlton will have to find a way to get closer to that offer.

If Perryman does leave for the Pies the Power would have missed out on both their key defensive targets given they also wanted Cumming.
It would be a brave coach in Ken Hinkley to trade away dual All Australian Dan Houston, especially with Kane Farrell a free agent next year and fellow defender Josh Sinn also out of contract next year.

Houston would like to find his way to the Blues but with the Roos offering a future first-rounder Carlton will have to find a way to get closer to that offer.

Kane Farrell a Free Agent next year? Yes, please! He has a canon for a leg.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sort of, sometimes I just need a a good right hook to hit me in the head, so I can come back to reality
fight club office GIF

and how should we reply to a fool? Well according to his folly of course, lest he be wise in his own eyes. Proverbs 26:1

“Never argue with fools. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

(Mark Twain)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

HOT DEMAND FOR SUNS PICK

GOLD Coast's pick 12 has become the in-demand selection of this year's first round, with a stack of clubs chasing the prized choice.

Clubs are chasing the pick given it would likely otherwise be eaten up by a bid on Suns Academy prospect Leo Lombard, who would be expected to attract rival interest before that choice.

It has left the Suns again with the hottest draft choice up for grabs following the strong pursuit for its pick four last year, which ended with the Western Bulldogs taking Ryley Sanders (at No.6 after free agency compensation and a bid pushed it back).

Carlton, Collingwood, North Melbourne and Melbourne are among the clubs with interest in the Suns' second first-round pick for this year, with Greater Western Sydney and Adelaide also among the clubs expected to look at the pick.

The Suns last year creatively turned their top pick into multiple trade deals, spawning extra selections for 2023 and 2024 that allowed them to match bids on four first-round Academy players as well as enter this year's trade period with three first-rounders.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back