List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn’t think of someone… Clement?

In: Clement , Holland pick 22
Out: pick 8 ( Daniel Motlop) pick 39 ( Adam McPhee).

Great trade!
I feel like Clement improved significantly as a Pie, and wasn't at that level as a Docker (thankfully, otherwise it would have cost an arm and a leg to nab him!).
Buckley would be the last player we've traded in that was better than Houston
This is where I think I'm coming to as well.

I feel like Clement improved significantly as a Pie, and wasn't at that level as a Docker (thankfully, otherwise it would have cost an arm and a leg to nab him!).

This is where I think I'm coming to as well.
Pretty crazy and I know these guys don’t grown on trees, but just shows how rare it is to get or at least for us pies.

Can't see Houston happening today because it has too many clicks coming for it.

But they'll have to release one of the ones that has been lodged, just to keep interest rolling into next week!
Reckon the smith trade will drop today. March on speculation over clarry next week, and 3/4 club trade over houston/lukosious/noble/potentially sydney picks

CORNES ACCUSES AFL CLUBS OF TROLLING HIM
Renowned critic of AFL long-term contracts Kane Cornes has accused AFL clubs of trolling him by continuing to sign players on lengthy deals.
Cornes has ardently opposed clubs signing players to long-term deals for several years.
This week alone, St Kilda announced Max King had inked a contract extension until 2032, while Richmond re-signed Noah Balta on a seven-year extension.
On Friday morning, Cornes said he was convinced AFL clubs were trying to annoy him.

Hows the nerve of this flog. :think:
and he is King of Trolls

The Taz trades worked pretty well for us too.

Out: Taz
In: Reid (Pick 8), Medhurst

Got an AA year out of Medhurst and no need to talk about Reid. Then we got Taz back for absolutely nothing to hold down FB.
Medhurst completely screwed over by MM

Left him out of side most of 2010
Was a star

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Day of Trade Period where no trades are done then hear what Crap the Jurnos come up with

Tired Bored To Death GIF

Medhurst completely screwed over by MM

Left him out of side most of 2010
Was a star
Medhurst was left out of the side most of 2010 because he was incapable of performing a selfless, team-centric role that both Brent Macaffer and Jarryd Blair were able to play that year.

If Medhurst had been as dedicated to chasing and tackling as he was to kicking goals, he would have become a premiership player that year. It was fundamentally necessary to our gameplan that everyone was able to perform that role unless they were Alan Didak, and Paul Medhurst was no Alan Didak.

Carlton fan on power board

I know you may be a little upset with us too, but at least my club was up front with you that we couldn't afford/not prepared to pay the asking price and left it at that. What Collingwood are doing is just straight up insulting.

I hope you guys screw them over big time!!!
There is almost as many Carlton fans on the Port board as Port fans.

Both sooking it up together.

It's funny how all the commentators seem to focus on our "lack of" 20-23 year old talent as the reason we might fall off the cliff in a year a two. When in reality, our more immediate problem is the 25-28 year old talent gap we have which will be the core of our next premiership challenge. That's come from us trading out of the 2015-2016 for Treloar and then 2017 losing Stephenson and now Murphy. Perryman (1st round from 2016) and Houston (Elite AA from 2016 draft cohort) would massively transform that. They're essential to replace the impact of the 2014 draft cohort of JDG/Moore/Maynard as they move past their peak into their 30s.

The lack of 20-23 year olds is a 4-5 year problem when they are 25-28 and at their peak. We have another 4-5 years to look to address that and a lot can change through FA recruitment and smart trading.
This 1000%. People making it as if this is the Wells/Varcoe/Mayne trade in all over again when that couldn't be further from it. And despite what you think of that trade now, even that got us within a kick of a flag. Imagine what getting arguably the best defender and solid role player right before they hit their prime can do. The "Tasmania coming in 2029 will doom us" line is getting so tired already. It's as if they think this will be the last national draft ever. In the next 3 years we will come out with McGuane and a couple of diamonds in the rough. That's discounting the fact that we will have the cap space to be able to shop around and make a play for some young guns such as LDU in free agency.

Another Day of Trade Period where no trades are done then hear what Crap the Jurnos come up with

Tired Bored To Death GIF
Yeah its been a long week, I was hoping before I went away we'd have a deal done lol.

There is almost as many Carlton fans on the Port board as Port fans.

Both sooking it up together.
Blues fans can blame their own club if they think we're getting Houston for under value. It was meant to be a bidding war but Carlton surrendered early with only one first round pick on offer. This set the tenor of the deal we are pushing for. The lack of better alternative offers weakens Port's hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back