List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs will convene over the weekend and work on deals, so come monday I reckon we may have more clarity on whats going on with this pick and these deals

We would have a Good Clue IF getting Houston is Possible or Not

If you think that Leppa and Collingwood are not making these statements publicly on purpose and for a strategic reason, then that’s the mistake.
Perhaps. Or it could just be his inexperience in the role.

The way I see it, Richards and Noble are fringe Best-23 players at all three Clubs. They're handy but not must-haves. By contrast Houston is one of the very best players in the comp and Pick 13 has about half dozen Clubs chasing it with stand-alone offers. We're in the weakest negotiating position.

To put it another way, if it all collapses and Port keeps Houston, GC trades pick 13 to the highest bidder and we keep Noble and Richards, then which Club is left most disappointed? IMO its us - and by a quite a margin.

IQ is a good looking lad.... I'm sure he has a few he's seeing.
His last girlfriend, her uncle lives in my building. I didn't ask questions why they split, but he gave me the impression that he was high maintenance. I get the view that she was the one thats high maintenance.

Why?

I can't see how it greatly changes what PA or GC will be prepared to give up or ask for in regards to trade or salary contributions.

Port have been given permission to use a future 1st round pick regardless of any deal involving Houston I believe, while I thought it had been reported that GC wanted to keep any deal for Lukosius separate.

At the end of the day if you're right and GC believes they can benefit from Lukosius being included in a 3 club trade, they should be more pliable in any deal for 13, 23 and Noble.

Trades don't need to be won like it's a game of football IMO. They should be about acting in good faith, balance and trying to achieve the fairest result for all.
I agree with you regarding trades needing to be mutually beneficial - otherwise they wouldn't get done, but they can be mutually beneficial but not feel equal and thus get ugly. Salary dump deals seem really tricky to me. Port can extend him and make his yearly salary much more reasonable. GC can't. So he's worse than worthless to GC but has value to Port. Pretty hard to get a deal where GC don't feel they're getting ripped off without Port being extremely generous. Whereas if he's within a bigger deal they can both walk away feeling they did well.

Richards has been offered 3 years with a trigger of one more. Noble has been offered 4. This means Port and Suns value them. This still means we are in the box seat and it would take a drastic turn of events for both those clubs not to give us every opportunity.
Clearly. But journos wont get many clicks if they keep trotting the likely scenarios out

I haven't heard a single utterance from either Noble or his manager. Have you?
I have heard Leppa and Fly say that we're happy to keep him but that's not exactly the same thing, is it?
Fair point. But Fly has said Noble understands he is a contracted and required player and that if a trade can’t be made, he’d remain at the Pies.
No Houston to Pies means no Noble to GCS - unless of course, the Pies cut a new more expensive trade deal for GCS.

How's this for a creative solution :

Go to Sydney

Sydney need picks for 2025 academy picks. So give them ammunition for 2025 draft

Sydney - F1
Collingwood- picks 19,22

Go to GWS:

Try to upgrade 19 to 15 with gws using picks 52 and 55 . ( There is a difference of 164 between picks 15 and 19)
pick 52 (246) and picks 55( 207)
And get pick 56(194) back in return.
(Also remind GWS we did them a solid with perryman's contract)
So essentially :

Gws - picks 19,52,55
Collingwood - pick 15,56

Now we are armed with : 15,22,36,56

Now we go to gold coast - forget about pick 13

Gold coast - noble , pick 36
Collingwood - picks 23, pick 29( essentially upgrade 36 to 29)

Collingwood draft capital now- 15,22,23,29,56

Now go to Fremantle -

Difference between picks 18 and pick 22 is 140 points. Pick 56 is 194 points

Fremantle - pick 22, pick 56
Collingwood - pick 18

Collingwood draft capital - 15,18,23,29

Now we offer 15 plus Richards plus future third for Houston . If it gets knocked back, so be it.

Otherwise we try to combine 15+ 18 and see how high we can move up . On points system 15+18 = 2097 points .
For reference pick 4 = 2034, pick 5= 1878,pick 6=1751

Really think this should allow us to get out of the pick 13 jam, just avoid it all together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His last girlfriend, her uncle lives in my building. I didn't ask questions why they split, but he gave me the impression that he was high maintenance. I get the view that she was the one thats high maintenance.
I'm old these days (over 40), so I can only assume dating scene with the 20 somethings would be high maintenance for both. With all the shenanigans and out-do-each other attitude stemming from social media... i think its high maintenance by default and the most patient couples win.. or stick together.

So in “taking a breath” how would we have orchestrated the massive injury list that caused us to end up with Pick 10?
It has nothing to do with that, NS

Taking a breath doesn’t mean not doing the deal, it means reaching an agreement that doesn’t handcuff any 2024 plans. You’ve seen my posts - I stated over 12 months ago we needed to be wary of injuries and a slide down the ladder / the ability to trade in top line talent this year.

Regardless - whatever the pick, we’d still have more flexibility this year.
You don’t think we’d have got Schultz without trading F1, I think we could have. I can’t prove it one way or the other.

How's this for a creative solution :

Go to Sydney

Sydney need picks for 2025 academy picks. So give them ammunition for 2025 draft

Sydney - F1
Collingwood- picks 19,22

Go to GWS:

Try to upgrade 19 to 15 with gws using picks 52 and 55 . ( There is a difference of 164 between picks 15 and 19)
pick 52 (246) and picks 55( 207)
And get pick 56(194) back in return.
(Also remind GWS we did them a solid with perryman's contract)
So essentially :

Gws - picks 19,52,55
Collingwood - pick 15,56

Now we are armed with : 15,22,36,56

Now we go to gold coast - forget about pick 13

Gold coast - noble , pick 36
Collingwood - picks 23, pick 29( essentially upgrade 36 to 29)

Collingwood draft capital now- 15,22,23,29,56

Now go to Fremantle -

Difference between picks 18 and pick 22 is 140 points. Pick 56 is 194 points

Fremantle - pick 22, pick 56
Collingwood - pick 18

Collingwood draft capital - 15,18,23,29

Now we offer 15 plus Richards plus future third for Houston . If it gets knocked back, so be it.

Otherwise we try to combine 15+ 18 and see how high we can move up . On points system 15+18 = 2097 points .
For reference pick 4 = 2034, pick 5= 1878,pick 6=1751
That's certainly creative

If we can get Houston to say he doesn't want to go to North then that might change things some what. He doesn't even have to nominate us. Port I feel are holding out for North.

Well they would have the Best Trade Offer

Perhaps. Or it could just be his inexperience in the role.

The way I see it, Richards and Noble are fringe Best-23 players at all three Clubs. They're handy but not must-haves. By contrast Houston is one of the very best players in the comp and Pick 13 has about half dozen Clubs chasing it with stand-alone offers. We're in the weakest negotiating position.

To put it another way, if it all collapses and Port keeps Houston, GC trades pick 13 to the highest bidder and we keep Noble and Richards, then which Club is left most disappointed? IMO its us - and by a quite a margin.
I don’t agree that Port and GCS don’t care whether they do or don’t secure Richards and Noble respectively. Especially GCS.

All the clubs involved already know everything he’s saying, as do the media. Doesn’t affect the trade one iota in my humble opinion.
You might be right. I just don't see any upside at all to being open with the media about our trade thinking/plans. Give 'em nothing and keep 'em guessing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back