List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can get Houston to say he doesn't want to go to North then that might change things some what. He doesn't even have to nominate us. Port I feel are holding out for North.

Port seem to be playing hard ball with everyone. Are they asking overs for him? I actually don’t know. But I don’t want us paying overs for him either.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I can't see how we don't get Houston. Noble and Lukosius will guarantee it
Yeah me too, we have all the moving parts, we’re blessed on the proverbial to have a player that wants to go to Gold Coast and a player that wants to go to port.
In the end if we chuck in the final pick so be it.

Just fyi, we’ve got Melbournes F1 and Norths F1 on the table for 13, so Collingwood needs to beat those offers really.

13 for Noble + F1 wouldn’t really even beat 13 for Norths F1 but we’d do it to get Noble sorted.
Bullshit, I don't believe for a second that north are offering a future 1st for 13

Its like nobody knew that pick was on the table so quick. Smart by carlton. Everyone else werent' paying attention.

Or that all this supposed competition for #13 is just a gambit by GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A player would leave us too but it's just what I heard so if we aren't budging on pick 23, then this may happen, depending on source credibility of course. That's all I can say. I'm not allowed to reveal source or player.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mustn’t be a top-liner if we’re talking not moving from 23 to mid first
If it is a top-liner, why would we trade them for a small move up picks?

Port seem to be playing hard ball with everyone. Are they asking overs for him? I actually don’t know. But I don’t want us paying overs for him either.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
I think it’s their right to try as hard as the can in trading an AA w years left on his contract
I think we have right to be prudent and put our needs first as well
Tricky one

Gold Coast wont accept our F1 alone for 13. It's F1 and Noble for 13 right now from them. We wont accept that.

That's the current stalemate or one of them.

A second round pick will need to be added to get pick 13 as that's the going rate.

Pick 23 for Noble should then be on offer. Potentially we swap multiple 3rds for pick 41 unless it heads to Port in any deal for Lukosius.

I don't feel it's realistic we hold 23 after any deal for Houston is complete.

If Port did receive 41 then perhaps we demand Houston, 39 and 41 in return for 13, 23 and Richards.

It has nothing to do with that, NS

Taking a breath doesn’t mean not doing the deal, it means reaching an agreement that doesn’t handcuff any 2024 plans. You’ve seen my posts - I stated over 12 months ago we needed to be wary of injuries and a slide down the ladder / the ability to trade in top line talent this year.

Regardless - whatever the pick, we’d still have more flexibility this year.
You don’t think we’d have got Schultz without trading F1, I think we could have. I can’t prove it one way or the other.
The way small fwds are increasingly being used and proving match winners the answer to your question has to be No.

Bullshit, I don't believe for a second that north are offering a future 1st for 13

We’ve literally got Melbourne’s F1 (potentially a top 5 pick) + 28 for 13 on the table. Even if we don’t have Norths F1 that’s an incredible offer.

Look Noble is a decent player and I would want him, but that’s negligence by us if we don’t take that offer if yours is only 13 & 23 for Noble & F1.

We could get Melb F1 + 28 and then offer you 23 for Noble, and we still come out of that way better even if you don’t ask for 23.

And if you want to hold Noble sure that’s fine, but again, we have a potential top 5 pick plus a 2nd rounder on the table for just 13. We have to take that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back