List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you truly believe that we wouldn't take pick 23 for Noble as a stand-alone deal?

If we miss out on 13 and by extension Houston I feel there is every chance we wont be in the mood to hand over a contracted Noble for 23 only (unless we have something else secretly in the works) when Rioli is demanding 6. That forms the only leverage we've got in dealing with GC right now so why not make good on our claim.

I'd be asking for 23 and 29 as a starting point. We settle for 23 and 41 at a minimum. Stuff em!

Wtf are Hawks thinking trading pick 14 in a strong draft for Blues future picks? Weird
Probably because they hate us so much! Doing it may have screwed us over!

In reality, they are seen to be a genuine contender already next year with the list they have.

We become a big threat to that if we get Houston.

No one thinks Carlton is any real threat no matter what picks they get 🤪

Probably because they hate us so much! Doing it may have screwed us over!

In reality, they are seen to be a genuine contender already next year with the list they have.

We become a big threat to that if we get Houston.

No one thinks Carlton is any real threat no matter what picks they get 🤪
6 number 1s this century has taught us that

Pick 23 Past 10 years (not including very recent too early to tell)

2014 - Patrick McKenna
2015 - David Cunningham
2016 - Alex Witherden
2017 - Will Walker
2018 - Jez McLennan
2019 - Dylan Williams
2020 - Reef McInnes
2021 - Sam Butler

Not a single player worth losing out on Houston

The three way deal will go ahead between GCS, Pies and Port.

It would be near impossible and incredibly clunky for that to blow up now.

Think of this - all of Houston, Noble, Lukocious, and Richards have agreed to deals that are suitable with their likely destinations. Plans are being made by each of those clubs with the players/picks that need the deals to go through. There's a lot of effort gone into this.

It would shock the hell out of me if this fell apart.
I think the difference between what we’ve got going on and the pick 14/ Barrass/ Baker one is that it’s a genuine three club trade with 4 players involved.

Pick 14 was going to be a domino trade it seemed and wound up mostly about Hawthorn cracking the shits with WC (rightly so, IMO). That might still happen with our deal, but the bones seem to be in place with our trade. If I had to guess it’s GC that’s most likely to pull the rug out by being dicked around on 13.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It didn't make sense to me either, but maybe there is more to it, as in hawks may not rate this draft and need picks for next year.

Who knows why they did it.
Maybe Wet Toast didn’t want a 1st round pick this year because Richmond would have demanded it for Butler.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back