List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s also time for Dan to make his intentions clear too.
We’re doing a lot of effort for a player who hasn’t even nominated a club yet

His resolve will also be tested if he’s willing to go to North Melbourne….as nobody would trump their offer in reality

with all these twists and turns …it would be funny if we just changed tact secretly and worked a deal for Bailey Smith
Can you imagine the press ?
Port would be livid
Cats would be livid
Fallouts everywhere lol

Are you sure that it wasn't Lucas approaching the Suns? In his interview on SEN this week stated Noble started questioning his future at the Pies after he was left out of the PF and GF and it solidified when he wasn't picked for the first 3 rounds this year.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They were actually Lucas' own words, not Noble's.

"I haven’t asked John that, but I would’ve thought when you get dropped for the finals last year, I’m sure that thought would’ve popped into his mind: ‘Is this where I see a long-term future? Because I thought I was going OK but the biggest disappointment of my career has just unfolded before my eyes?’,” he added.

“It does take a little bit to work back from that without question because it is a really challenging thing to have happen to you.”

We already assumed he was disappointed to be dropped during the finals.

If we miss out on Dan I'll be shattered sure early draft picks are great but believe we have the squad to potentially win it next year, add Houston and that is a very nice cherry on a black and white cake with 17 on it. Please get it done Leppa.

I am already trying to get my head to Accept that we not getting Houston

In regards to the cryptic trade from a certain poster here. It screams to me Ed Allan moving back west. Not a beloved player, but most people here would be furious if he was traded for a pick upgrade. Makes more sense than IQ though because he could still go either way, but less sense because he’s a young player we’ve put 2 years development in to and would just be going back to square one in terms of our list profile, so who knows
Reported this afternoon that Freo have offered Richmond picks 10, 11 & 18 for Bolton and Baker

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we miss out on Dan I'll be shattered sure early draft picks are great but believe we have the squad to potentially win it next year, add Houston and that is a very nice cherry on a black and white cake with 17 on it. Please get it done Leppa.

It sounds to me like there are plenty of tyre kickers amongst the list managers. They might need to show they are doing something or want their five minutes of fame.

I think we can say see why GW was like, I'm not being part of this circus and just got the deal done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They would have to use 14 as part of the deal for Barrass.
Maybe they think offering future picks works better.
We shall see.
[/QUOTE

Hawthorn: F1 & F2 out (either their own or Carlton's), Barass in
West Coast: Barass out , F1 &F2 in. F1 offered to Richmond for Baker, who wants to land at Eagles.

Richmond will already have 4 firsts this year if they get 2 for Bolton, as they have already have secured Lion's first this year, so may be satisfied with a future first for Baker.

End result Eagles get Baker and a F2 for Barass. If pick14 ended with Eagles Tigers would want it for Baker, but if it is no longer in play a F1 probably satifies.

Guess this is the sort of deal that may be being discussed this weekend. Monday will tell.

It sounds to me like there are plenty of tyre kickers amongst the list managers. They might need to show they are doing something or want their five minutes of fame.

I think we can say see why GW was like, I'm not being part of this circus and just got the deal done.
Agree with what you say but GWs reputation of being a deal maker was purely based on him paying whatever was asked of him.

So he wasn’t the guru deal maker that his reputation based off his years of experience has led us to believe.
Anyone can just hand over whatever is being asked of them
Ned Guy did the same

Does Houston nominate us make things easier or more difficult?

Does it take others out of the picture and Port accept less? Or does it force the pies to give up more to get him?

Not Sure but put more Pressure on Port Publicly to do the Trade

It’s also time for Dan to make his intentions clear too.
We’re doing a lot of effort for a player who hasn’t even nominated a club yet

His resolve will also be tested if he’s willing to go to North Melbourne….as nobody would trump their offer in reality

I think the last thing he'd want to do is publicly nominate us after he said he wanted to go to Melbourne, then stay at Port, then get traded again. If it didn't happen it'd be a very bad look, in particular for CSM.

I think the last thing he'd want to do is publicly nominate us after he said he wanted to go to Melbourne, then stay at Port, then get traded again. If it didn't happen it'd be a very bad look, in particular for CSM.
You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
You’re either in or you’re not.
Be a man and make a decision and stick to it.

We don’t owe him anything

In a world where we get 13 we should be able to get Houston
In a normal world yes.
But they want 23 as well which we aren’t willing to do.
Pick 13 and a later sweetener would pretty much get Smith over the line considering how weak Cats’ first pick is.
It’s a significant difference for the Dogs who also want that pick as it stands too anyway

I'm always humoured by the ridicule of other forums apparent ridiculous expectations and then see in here people suggesting that Noble is worth more than 23. If Noble played for another club we would laugh at the idea. Rioli is a much better player (I still wouldn't give 6 for him either).

If we can't get Houston with a F1, then 23 is pretty handy for Nobes. Similar to what Adelaide got for ANB - fair and thanks for the service. I am pretty meh about Devon Robertson.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back