List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Is The Scout on EB&W still considered a reliable source? Posted this afternoon that Houston will be at Collingwood. (If it hasn't already been mentioned)
Assuming he’s still in recruiting at a club (not Collingwood) or in the industry in some capacity you’d think his info would still be good.

Is The Scout on EB&W still considered a reliable source? Posted this afternoon that Houston will be at Collingwood. (If it hasn't already been mentioned)
Generally yes. But he hasn’t been right every time. I remember he said we were into Parish a while back.

Generally yes. But he hasn’t been right every time. I remember he said we were into Parish a while back.
O/T .........He also said (as have one or two others with direct experience) that appointing Justin Reid as footy boss would be a huge mistake. I'm keen on the Storm fella.

Last edited:
I have kept a close eye on the Derrimut lunch table through trade week, this is what I have seen.

- Perryman came to the table early and was invited to stay as an ongoing member of the restaurant.
  • Stringer wasn't invited, turned up anyway, ordered a banquet and then was kicked out
  • Petracca was there for a bit but we couldn't afford what he had ordered. He said he will come back next year.
  • Houston was at a Lygon St restaurant, got to Derrimut late, stayed for a while, left, came back, left, came back, was offered a membership, left and now is on his way back.
  • Davies was invited but said he liked another restaurant better.
  • Lukosius walked past the window but never went in. I heard him singing 'Never Tear us Apart'
  • Jack Hayes was at the doctors next door getting a medical and is currently looking in the window hoping for a seat
  • Adam Tomlinson has snuck into the restaurant and is sitting at a table on his own hoping to sneak over at a later stage when no one is looking.

I will keep you all updated.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think so.

I mean it's all just media performance art, really, isn't it?

Port want Lukocius & Richards;
Suns want Johnny (& don't need all their picks);
We want Houston.

Just makes too much sense to NOT happen.

Last edited:
He has already agreed to term with us, hasn’t he?

Find it weird that he would fly here to Melbourne to talk to other clubs when they aren’t close to a deal as Collingwood is and he could talk to them over the phone.

He however would need to come over to do the obligatory medical, and take media photos for a new club….
Yeah, apparently it's Collingwood first, then he's catching up with Sticks and heading to Optus Oval for a rendition of Stand by your Man!

Feels very late in the piece to me to be flying over to Melb to be talking to other clubs. I'm hoping terms have been agreed to and he is flying over to work on the media work for us please God.
Wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case. You don’t fly down on a Sat night if you know for certain you’re staying in SA as well.

“Houston tours Collingwood HQ” as tomorrows headline would be nice 😛

Has been before. First this post, then Dan flies out to Melbourne straight after.

Mmm. Its all coming along nicely, isn’t it…

I'd have him on the trade table. I'm a skeptic and think that Melbourne game will have bumped his price above his likelihood of making it.
Its a really tough situation for all concerned IMO. You hang on too long you end up with a situation like Finn, club doesn't want you, no one else does, so its viewed as a wasted early draft pick. FWIW, im with you Sav.
Trade now you might even get a better pick than the one used to draft the guy. A guy like Ryan could be viewed similarly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston coming to Melbourne probably skews towards him not staying at Port, which I was already expecting. Doesn't necessarily point towards or away from Collingwood. Maybe he's been told Pies are unlikely to get a deal done, so he wants to meet with North who he'd previously not considered - reported he met with Pies, Blues, Saints, maybe Dogs but Roos weren't mentioned. If he's not sold on them he might want an in person meeting and tour.

Anyway, signs still point to him leaving Port, with Pies the most likely destination.

Houston coming to Melbourne probably skews towards him not staying at Port, which I was already expecting. Doesn't necessarily point towards or away from Collingwood. Maybe he's been told Pies are unlikely to get a deal done, so he wants to meet with North who he'd previously not considered - reported he met with Pies, Blues, Saints, maybe Dogs but Roos weren't mentioned. If he's not sold on them he might want an in person meeting and tour.

Anyway, signs still point to him leaving Port, with Pies the most likely destination.
Pretty sure i read he has met with clarko a little while ago. But maybe doing some tours? Who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back