List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet on Thursday Glenn McFarlane said we were almost there on an agreement.

Now this guy who got sacked a few years back for racial slurs amongst other things says its nowhere near being done….

Grasping at straws with no backup.

I saw a promo on Seven tonight that they’re doing a deadline day show on 7+

You can’t tell me with a straight face now that the first 9 days is just window dressing for one day, this year more than anything had exposed it
Haha oh my god, we knew it was all a set up but that confirms it.

Suuuuuure Callum

Jon Hamm Yes GIF

Wondering if the resemblance between John Hamm and Jimmy Bartel has been pointed out before?

Just sayin’.

I’m both anxious and bored with the Houston talk.☹️

IMG_5461.jpeg

Some of these journalists deserve the "who in the hell is Mel kiper " treatment. For those who don't know, there was a famous moment in the NFL draft when a team's general manager who was criticized by a member of a the media, essentially gave the "draft expert" a "who the f**k are you" barb on live national television, and also added his next door neighbor who was a post man knew more than the "expert"

If leppa pulls of the Houston move and we win the 2025 GF, there are about 5 journalists who deserve to be blasted on live television.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of these journalists deserve the "who in the hell is Mel kiper " treatment. For those who don't know, there was a famous moment in the NFL draft when a team's general manager who was criticized by a member of a the media, essentially gave the "draft expert" a "who the f**k are you" barb on live national television, and also added his next door neighbor who was a post man knew more than the "expert"

If leppa pulls of the Houston move and we win the 2025 GF, there are about 5 journalists who deserve to be blasted on live television.

This is by far 100% the weirdest trade period I can remember from the past ten years. And there's a lot of familiar names still posting on these forums who would no doubt agree.

I've assumed a lot of it is just the Suns leaking shit to the media to try and get us to offer more, but now they're desperate for Houston to get itchy feet. Truly bizarre.
Last time there were this many anti-Collingwood opinions was when we were trading for Treloar. Richmond media mafia were out in force and the only journo who stuck fast that AT was going to Collingwood was Barrett. But even then there wasn’t the kind of barracking we’re seeing during the actual trade period, mostly because AT had nominated us and Houston hasn’t.

It doesn’t help that we’re now in the age of engagement farming, so literally anything that can get clicks and comments on socials will be said and posted, hence the huge amount of flip flopping going on.
“Collingwood in box seat for Houston”
clicks
“Carlton back in the race for Houston”
clicks
“Carlton haven’t talked to Houston, going to the draft! Collingwood back in box seat!”
clicks
“Carlton and Norf are ahead of Collingwood despite lesser trade offers!”
clicks

We live in strange times. I’d kill for some genuine reporting that’s not purely designed to just get social media engagement…

With Melbourne getting pick 9, no way Gold Coast are trading it to anyone but us. They won't get a better deal than what Melbourne were offering up.

If the Saints offer up a F1 and 27 it's appealing and on paper beats F1 and 36.

Hawthorn could possibly be in a position to offer a F1 and 2 2nd round selections if they really want 13. Would take either creativity or perhaps AFL approval to make that happen.

If Houston is open to North and Port want picks this year instead of the F1 then it's game over for 13, 23 +.

Noble is the only leverage we really have in getting 13 and/or keeping pick 23 on the table.

Not sure he trumps a potential F1 in the bottom 4 however from NM.

Not really. To be selected to play in a grand final as a member of one of the two best sides of any year in the AFL comp means you are a good player.
Rubbish. Is Oleg Markov a “good” player? Plenty of at best handy players get medals

disagree cats just won the premieship we could have picked up Henry again before the cats . They would have cracked last minute mate
Mitchell would have gone to us without cats draft pick
Nup. He was fully prepared to put a price on his head to get back to Geelong. We weren't re taking him either. We had no ground.

Typical Collingwood Hate
It's all clickbait. If they praise the Pies, only Pies supporters respond. If they something negative about the Pies everybody responds. Opposition supporters to pile on the hate and Pies supporters to criticise the comment. For the media criticising the Pies makes them money

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back