List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. To be selected to play in a grand final as a member of one of the two best sides of any year in the AFL comp means you are a good player.
Or alternatively a much better player than you was injured and you got lucky as next in line depth. Case in point Billy Frampton being a premiership player, and Robertson not being one because Ashcroft wasn’t injured this year.

I've had it confirmed to me by a reliable source that Dan Houston may or may not be a Collingwood player on Wednesday night.

Nup. He was fully prepared to put a price on his head to get back to Geelong. We weren't re taking him either. We had no ground.
what price Was he going to put? it's all bluff mate
I guarantee you cats would have cracked!
otherwise you had clubs like nth and stkilda who at the time were about 1 million under there cap.
if he ended up in the draft you would have had if not us some other club take a Punt on him. he would not have ended up at the cats
Cats had what? at the time pick 7 and 40 or 50 after that

I don't get it. He's 29 with a back issue that needs ongoing management.
Its a bit crazy.
Yeah he's got 3-4 years left on his contract. But he'll be 30 next year. He's a good player no doubt but 15-20 pick would surely be enough.
We gave 2 1sts for Beams about the same age? lol

North might offer 2 for 5 and 9 from Melbourne. They have 25 to throw in the mix if required.

If they're still in the race for Houston they can offer up 5. Port accept that if Houston accepts North.

North might offer 2 for 5 and 9 from Melbourne. They have 25 to throw in the mix if required.

If they're still in the race for Houston they can offer up 5. Port accept that if Houston accepts North.

THe impression I get is there isn't the clear cut top few players this year, so 2 isn't going to get you particularly close to 5 and 9.

what price Was he going to put? it's all bluff mate
I guarantee you cats would have cracked!
otherwise you has clubs like nth and stkilda who at the time were about 1 million under there cap.
if he ended up in the draft you would have had if not us some other club take a Punt on him. he would not have ended up at the cats
Cats had what? at the time pick 7 and 40 or 50 after that
Collingwood had no power in it and Geelong knew it.
Henry told clubs he wouldn't play with them. Clubs aren't taking those types with early picks knowing full well they aren't interested. Never have, never will. He would have got straight to Geelong, for nothing.

I don't even know why people even care anymore. The deal netted Mitchell and as a result Hawks paid part of his 2023 and will pay slightly for next years due to the second round, which got us a premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like an awful deal for Dees. My understanding is this is a strong but even draft, not top heavy.

I've no doubt North could satisfy Port. They're issue is going to be satisfying Houston first.

They cannot be that desperate for him. They have a few experienced players coming in. Take 2 to draft and get one of the best young kids…

Henry told clubs he wouldn't play with them. Clubs aren't taking those types with early picks knowing full well they aren't interested. Never have, never will. He would have got straight to Geelong, for nothing.

I don't even know why people even care anymore. The deal netted Mitchell and as a result Hawks paid part of his 2023 and will pay slightly for next years due to the second round, which got us a premiership.
**** I hate Geelong

They cannot be that desperate for him. They have a few experienced players coming in. Take 2 to draft and get one of the best young kids…
I think they are fairly desperate. Clarkson won't want to be near the bottom much longer. Adding quality players is important for them, they already have a lot of good young players.

Rubbish. Is Oleg Markov a “good” player? Plenty of at best handy players get medals
Oleg is a different category. He came to us as a player with an inconsistent history but last year he was a big factor in our good form. He played great footy more often than not. This year he went back to where he was before he originally joined us.

All the North talk ignores that it’s incredibly unlikely Houston has any interest in spending the remainder of his career at North

At Collingwood he will know a Premiership is actually possible.

Assuming we get 13, the difference between what we offer and North won’t be enough to make Houston want to be miserable just to make Port a bit happier

“Sure guys, I’ll go to this nothing club that no one watches with meh facilities wallowing at the bottom of the ladder for the near future if it makes you happy”

I don’t buy it

All the North talk ignores that it’s incredibly unlikely Houston has any interest in spending the remainder of his career at North

At Collingwood he will know a Premiership is actually possible.

Assuming we get 13, the difference between what we offer and North won’t be enough to make Houston want to be miserable just to make Port a bit happier

“Sure guys, I’ll go to this nothing club that no one watches with meh facilities wallowing at the bottom of the ladder for the near future if it makes you happy”

I don’t buy it
The only reason these veterens like Darling and Parker want to go is because their going to get 1-2 years pf paid holidays as they retire with those deals. North should have got Parker, not even remotely looked at Darling.

First of all it's illegal under the current afl system for Henry to tell other clubs he won't play for them.
I am sure it was way before your own time mate, Chalmers did the same he was playing for Port in the sanfl , he wanted to play for us.
The afl called that illegal.
Why am I upset because I think we would have has Mitchell with or without the cats shitty pick 26.
I honestly think the cats would have cracked!
We need to call it the way it is the Henry, Schultz and Ginivan deals were all crap deals for us.
Grundy fair enough was a salary dump

Oleg is a different category. He came to us as a player with an inconsistent history but last year he was a big factor in our good form. He played great footy more often than not. This year he went back to where he was before he originally joined us.
That was one example among innumerable

Why do Melbourne do this?

I wouldn't do it and they probably wont either but it all depends on how Melbourne view the draft does it not?

They might really really like a kid they expect to not be available at 6 (after bid for Ashcroft). The next Petracca.

To be honest my first inclination was what if they thought they could get Houston to change his mind?

They were his original choice.

I don't understand why the swans and the dogs want pick 13 as well. Hope they know that there are 12 numbers before 13, they are more than welcome to target any of those.
This is the other thing. Pick 13 is supposedly super hot property, but Carlton's deal for 14 went through quickly without much seeming competition. All these clubs who want 13 could have been pushing for that. Carlton had wanted 13 but switched their attention to 14 for some reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back