List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

These 3 way deals are too complicated and fraut with danger all you need is one club to pull the pin and whole thing goes down the gurgler. For example like Port saying they would do a seperate deal for Lukoscious now stuff them
At worst pull the pin demand pick 13 for Noble or he stays at collingwood remember Noble is under contract same with Richards demand a high second rounder from Port Adelaide or he stays too
Huston is not worth pick 13 plus our future first and Richards he can stay at Port adelaide. Plus Huston has not said get me to Collingwood has he
Take all our picks into the draft and get some gun kids.pick up Hayes and Thomlinson for peanuts.
Load up for next year for some young free agents ready to get to their peak when a few of our older guys retire we can replenish our list easy

Waiting for cornes- we don’t get Houston and go to draft

“ Collingwood are in no man’s land what are they doing for the now?”

We get Houston
“Collingwood are in no man’s land what are they doing for the future?”

Seems Every player we get in must be on a one year contract then retiring
Cornes and Edmund on tradio this morning? Think i might go slam my old fella in the fridge door a few times as it would be more enjoyable

Don’t shift the goal posts. Whether or not he was having a decent game is separate to your original statement of “he was almost a premiership player”.

Plenty of crap footballers have become premiership players, playing on a grand final doesn’t magically make you better than you really are.
Yeah, Big Billy is no star, but he's got a medal.

I hate to compare with the NFL, but NFL teams just get on with the trades. They don't f**k around, they don't waste time getting into d**k measuring contests, they are ruthless and efficient with trades. Wish we had that kind of mentality in the AFL.
NHL, NBA, EPL etc all the same.

Biggest difference is that most of the time players have no say in what club they are traded to, regardless of their preference (unless they have an NTC)

It's all about distinguishing between which players are worth paying overs for.

For an elite player like Houston that we haven't been able to attract since Buckley - Yes

For an above average role player like Schultz in a position we have an abundance of talent - No

We should've played hardball last year and if we kept our first this year I would've happily offered 2x firsts for Houston with a F2 coming back for McGuane points.
Agree, the type of player justifies the spend.
However, I’m not going down the woulda, coulda, shoulda path.
Neither is Leppa, he’s focussing on the now and the future.

I am just glad we are not dealing with a hard arse clubs like Hawthorn or Geelong.

They would sell pick 13 to the highest offer and say to us "here is 23 for Noble"
And we would just take that.

Perryman, Houston and points for Tommy next year is a win for this trade period.
The draft is strong but as we all know, it is still hit or miss at best.

Lets not get too greedy and have the rug pulled out from under us, as I would rather be on the nicer side of fair and get the result, than play hardball and get SFA.

Considering they tried to get him last year and have offered him a 4(?) year deal, they're being quite demanding.

Well that’s just it isn’t it?

How often do players request a trade to Gold Coast?

Pretty sure you can count the number of occasions on one hand.

Not only that, it’s a player at his prime asking to go there from a Premiership team with a good culture.

It’s basically all Gold Coast could ask for really. So you’d think they’d be wanting to get the deal done more than they’re letting on

Could come cheap, is young, would be an upgrade on Bytel, Sullivan, Long - has been on the fringe at the Lions and with the Ashcroft brothers and co. is making the right decision.
From the lions website

"In and out of the side early in 2023, Deven Roberston took his chance in the middle of the season with both hands lining up for 13 home and away games and all three finals, including the Grand Final. A hard-running midfielder, Robertson was the Lions first pick in the 2019 NAB AFL Draft with selection 22. The 22-year-old re-committed to the Club for two years to remain at the Lions until the end of 2025 season. A consistent performer at AFL level, Robertson will be looking to cement his spot in the side in 2024."

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 18
Sorry but those supporters who say they don't care if we get Houston or not don't understand football. Our window is now. He is one of the best half backs in the comp and makes us instantly better. I understand a first-round pick helps us in 2-5 years and I also don't just want to fall from a cliff like Richmond. However, with trading rules being changed this will make it easier to rebuild quick. Free agents available ect. Also, a decent father and son. I want to be the first to 17. I grow up listening to Essendon and Carlton supporters only argument was how many premierships have you won. Was 14, then 15 and now 16. Would love to shave it up their asses and be the first to 17.

I concur with much of this but I am NOT shaving anyone’s ass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I decided not to come in here over the weekend since the post / test from Pickering
Only 54 more pages since then.

Everyone ok?
There's a few who have appointments booked if it all falls over - Bali, Rosebud Hotel, Croxton Arms, Tahiti etc

even...........

psychiatrist psychoanalyst GIF

Could come cheap, is young, would be an upgrade on Bytel, Sullivan, Long - has been on the fringe at the Lions and with the Ashcroft brothers and co. is making the right decision.
From the lions website

"In and out of the side early in 2023, Deven Roberston took his chance in the middle of the season with both hands lining up for 13 home and away games and all three finals, including the Grand Final. A hard-running midfielder, Robertson was the Lions first pick in the 2019 NAB AFL Draft with selection 22. The 22-year-old re-committed to the Club for two years to remain at the Lions until the end of 2025 season. A consistent performer at AFL level, Robertson will be looking to cement his spot in the side in 2024."
How many games has he had more than 20 disposals ?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back