List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh Edmund the Carlton supporter is at it again lol

"Carlton aren't out of it! They're still in the shadows" lol

Well he's not wrong there. The Blosers are always in Collingwood’s shadow. Thanks for confirming that Sammy....👍

I hate to compare with the NFL, but NFL teams just get on with the trades. They don't f**k around, they don't waste time getting into d**k measuring contests, they are ruthless and efficient with trades. Wish we had that kind of mentality in the AFL.
It is a very professional in this aspect of the game

Amen to that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My concern is that we play hardball on getting a guaranteed gun who will all but deliver a Premiership next year just to get a speculative kid who will most likely not amount to much or wind up perpetually injured or delisted if recent history is anything to go by.

Then we'll all be here pissed off we didn't do everything possible to get Houston

We have McGuane coming in next year

There's a shit tonne of quality RFAs coming out of contract next year

We can afford to basically "skip" this draft this time around.

But everyone forgets that Hine's actual specialty is finding gold in the deepest part of the mine. So only leaving ourselves with late picks in this year's draft which is constantly alleged to be deep is probably playing to Hine's strengths anyway

My concern is that we play hardball on getting a guaranteed gun who will all but deliver a Premiership next year just to get a speculative kid who will most likely not amount to much or wind up perpetually injured or delisted if recent history is anything to go by.

Then we'll all be here pissed off we didn't do everything possible to get Houston

We have McGuane coming in next year

There's a shit tonne of quality RFAs coming out of contract next year

We can afford to basically "skip" this draft this time around.

But everyone forgets that Hine's actual specialty is finding gold in the deepest part of the mine. So only leaving ourselves with late picks in this year's draft which is constantly alleged to be deep is probably playing to Hine's strengths anyway

Well said. Complete agreement from me. We should be all in on Houston. He is the best developed player we’ve had a chance of recruiting at the trade table in the past decade, other than perhaps Howe. A genuine gun.

What’s that saying….value is what you’re left with after price is forgotten.

Let’s get it done!

Pick 13 is the issue.

We can’t get this Houston deal without it. And I don’t think the Suns are that fussed about us getting it

I think the real issue is how much do Gold Coast actually want Noble?

If they genuinely want Noble, then 13 should get done just fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“it’s still Collingwood’s to stuff up… there’s some frustration there.”

Not really when he hasn’t even nominated a club but thanks again Sam.

I think he knows there’s a 98% chance he’s coming to us and he’s throwing a fit about it.

“it’s still Collingwood’s to stuff up… there’s some frustration there.”

Not really when he hasn’t even nominated a club but thanks again Sam.

I think he knows there’s a 98% chance he’s coming to us and he’s throwing a fit about it.
Just the way he words everything. Why are Carlton flogs in the media such knobs

Yeah, people really need to 'vote with their feet' & avoid the shitty operators.

Gettable is a good show, for example, & there're a few good journos, but a lot of them are just taking the piss at this point.

The punters really need to stop swallowing just anything loosely related to 'trade news'.

Otherwise, it'll just keep getting more & more insufferable.
Have never listened to any of those shows. Be more enlightening to speak to a street person

Yeah, people really need to 'vote with their feet' & avoid the shitty operators.

Gettable is a good show, for example, & there're a few good journos, but a lot of them are just taking the piss at this point.

The punters really need to stop swallowing just anything loosely related to 'trade news'.

Otherwise, it'll just keep getting more & more insufferable.
Have never listened to any of those shows. Be more enlightening to speak to a street person

Which is all well and good, but you can’t keep doing that.
Leppa’s comment about also looking after the future is a valid one imo.
We are only in the market for Houston because of the Noble, Richards and Luko trade requests coinciding.
It's all about distinguishing between which players are worth paying overs for.

For an elite player like Houston that we haven't been able to attract since Buckley - Yes

For an above average role player like Schultz in a position we have an abundance of talent - No

We should've played hardball last year and if we kept our first this year I would've happily offered 2x firsts for Houston with a F2 coming back for McGuane points.

The big problem in us getting Houston is that it involves two separate negotiations, with both counterparties playing hardball. Even if GC relent and agree to Noble + F1 for 13 and 23, there’s no guarantee that Port will accept Richards + 13 + a pick in the 30’s.

With the clock running down, I reckon we’re now about a 20% chance of landing Houston. Hopefully we at least get the GC leg of it done.

Waiting for cornes- we don’t get Houston and go to draft

“ Collingwood are in no man’s land what are they doing for the now?”

We get Houston
“Collingwood are in no man’s land what are they doing for the future?”

Seems Every player we get in must be on a one year contract then retiring

Sorry but those supporters who say they don't care if we get Houston or not don't understand football. Our window is now. He is one of the best half backs in the comp and makes us instantly better. I understand a first-round pick helps us in 2-5 years and I also don't just want to fall from a cliff like Richmond. However, with trading rules being changed this will make it easier to rebuild quick. Free agents available ect. Also, a decent father and son. I want to be the first to 17. I grow up listening to Essendon and Carlton supporters only argument was how many premierships have you won. Was 14, then 15 and now 16. Would love to shave it up their asses and be the first to 17.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back