List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Another Morning of

200.gif

What did he say? Was he cracking eggs again over his scone?
He was saying how he’d never seen the blues win a flag and how number 1 picks hadn’t helped etc, then came up with a trade for Houston saying blues should give 12 14 and weitering for Houston and a second rounder lol. Surely he was taking the piss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we actually could have had pick 11 until we traded it for Schultz, who from memory would have been a free agent this year. We went early and overpaid I think. I like Schultz but we should have waited a year. Coulda / shoulda ... whatever easy in hindsight.

This trade period is turning into high farce. Being stage managed by the AFL to drag it our as long as it can. Player agents soaking it all up for their 5 minutes of fame.

Its all so tedious.

Player movement needs to be much easier.
There's no guaruntee that Schultz would have signed with us this year, Carlton, St Kilda, North etc. would have all sent their godfather deals so we'd in a 5 horse race. Plus in the context that we were looking to go back-to-back it completely makes sense to bring him in last offseason. With how contracts are exploding now and in the years to come it will shape out to be a good deal even at the level he played this year. And for what it's worth, I think we are going to see a big jump from him next year.

Faulty logic. Just because GC is willing to overpay for Rioli doesn’t mean that we can insist that they also overpay for Noble. His “value” is in no way linked to Rioli’s trade price.

Also, by landing Rioli, GC’s need for Noble may have lessened, potentially reducing what GC is willing to pay for him, rather than increasing it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Fair enough. Maybe I’m looking at it too much like a market. I see two similar commodities, one is a better kick, the other is a better defender. How the buyer values them certainly affects what I’ll accept as a minimum for the commodity I have up for sale.

He was saying how he’d never seen the blues win a flag and how number 1 picks hadn’t helped etc, then came up with a trade for Houston saying blues should give 12 14 and weitering for Houston and a second rounder lol. Surely he was taking the piss
Wrighty would probably do that if he had the reigns

Can anyone remember a bigger trade period emotional rollercoaster for us than this one?

We have at various times been linked seriously to Bailey Smith, Christian Petracca, James Peatling, Dan Houston and even speculatively to Clayton Oliver.

Thank goodness for Perryman. He may be all we end up with.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Maybe I’m looking at it too much like a market. I see two similar commodities, one is a better kick, the other is a better defender. How the buyer values them certainly affects what I’ll accept as a minimum for the commodity I have up for sale.
Can only assume the Hardwick connection is blinding GC on Rioli’s value.

Can anyone remember a bigger trade period emotional rollercoaster for us than this one?

We have at various times been linked seriously to Bailey Smith, Christian Petracca, James Peatling, Dan Houston and even speculatively to Clayton Oliver.

Thank goodness for Perryman. He may be all we end up.

Luke Ball 2009? Realise not in volume of names but that was like a soap opera right up until the draft

Lol Saints

Yeah 2009. Getting Luke Ball in was unbelievably stressful.

Also, trading away Stephenson and Treloar for a packet of chips was nightmare fuel.

2020, but for all the wrong reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back