List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

None of those bother me at all about this decision
Exactly. Particularly the last point :

_ the players that may be available & up for trade (requirng a 1st) that you close the door on now

When it looks like we may (🤞) have just landed a dual AA HB who became available & was up for trade & will be able to play for us in 2025.

Exactly. Particularly the last point :

_ the players that may be available & up for trade (requirng a 1st) that you close the door on now

When it looks like we may (🤞) have just landed a dual AA HB who became available & was up for trade & will be able to play for us in 2025.
He's the best player we've acquired via trade in years, this should be exciting for everyone!

If it's F1 Noble and Richards for Houston that's an absolute steal.

If it’s F1 and Noble for 13, we got reamed by GC and owe Port a favour for taking F1 and Richards for Houston. But I suspect that’s where Atkins comes in to balance it out a bit.

1st round pick plus one best-22 player plus a 24-yo who is absolutely tracking to be a best-22 player, for Dan Houston and nothing else? Feels lopsided to me
Tracking??? All I know is that we have lost them for the best half back with one of the deadliest boots in the game.

Noble and Richards will never be AA calibre.

I’d rather a top 3 calibre player in the team than 2 players fighting out to be in the bottom 6 players in a best 22.

except the bit where you have no real clue:
_ where next year's first will actually land;
_ where T.McGuane will actually be rated (injury, form, size, other talent);
_ the options that may present in 'live trading'; and
Yes an option might present itself that we desperately want to use our F1 for, like a back-to-back All Australian playmaker in his prime

He's the best player we've acquired via trade in years, this should be exciting for everyone!
Agree. He was available this year & if we've secured him, I can't see the logic in complaining about holding onto a F1 pick for a different player which may or may not be available next year 🤣

Well that’s what I get for trying to be confident about a trade as a Suns supporter…

GG’s one day we’ll get something right 🙃
I think you're missing the big picture on this deal. You're the big winners. It's why you didn't want to trade 13 anywhere else. That Lukosius contract was the worst in the league. You were throwing 2 million of salary cap away for 2 years of someone who'd struggle to make your team if Walters develops at all. He's talented but you weren't keeping him after the 2 years and wouldn't want to be building around him when you have king, Walters and Andrew to develop. Moving it and getting two future firsts and Noble is awesome for what you're paying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Marc McGowan:

Dan Houston is edging ever closer to becoming a Magpie in a three-club deal, but there is still some haggling being done.

Negotiations are ongoing, but if this trade eventuates, it will look something like below:

Collingwood receives: Dan Houston, 58

Port Adelaide receives: Jack Lukosius, Joe Richards and Rory Atkins, 13, 29, 50

Gold Coast receives: John Noble, 2 x future first-rounders, 39
Port Adelaide gets a haul for Houston... really maximising assets for a good player.

Suns doesnt lose the trade at all, they just swapped their 2024 pick(s) for future first rounders and they free up huge money.

From Marc McGowan:

Dan Houston is edging ever closer to becoming a Magpie in a three-club deal, but there is still some haggling being done.

Negotiations are ongoing, but if this trade eventuates, it will look something like below:

Wish we could have gotten something better than 58, but that’s just me being greedy. Turning Noble, Richards and a (hopefully very late) F1 in to Houston is an exceptional outcome for us.

except the bit where you have no real clue:
_ where next year's first will actually land;
_ where T.McGuane will actually be rated (injury, form, size, other talent);
_ the options that may present in 'live trading'; and
Seen him first hand as I am at Kelior. I also saw Nick in 2019 at junior level and 2021 and although not the same level as Nick, he has outstanding skills and ability to win the ball plus smarts.. He's growing still but is class. Will be top 10.

1st round pick plus one best-22 player plus a 24-yo who is absolutely tracking to be a best-22 player, for Dan Houston and nothing else? Feels a tad lopsided to me
2 x 18-23 ranked players on the list & a 1st round pick that would have been consumed by McGuane bid for a top 5 player on our list.

From Marc McGowan:

Very happy with that from our side.

Seems like Port are losing big time to me. Losing Houston for pick 13 and 29 is a rubbish outcome for them. Especially when they're actually paying a F1 for Luko who is a far worse player. So essentially exchanging the two players and then swapping an F1 for pick 13, with 29 and Richards (barely a 3rd round pick on his own) thrown in as a sweetener.

If it’s F1 and Noble for 13, we got reamed by GC and owe Port a favour for taking F1 and Richards for Houston. But I suspect that’s where Atkins comes in to balance it out a bit.

You could think of it as:

F1 and Noble for 13 and Atkins

13, Richards and Atkins for Houston

Either way we've come out of it pretty well in the end.

Not sure if we're going to be able to move our way back into the first round as intended, but hopefully more to come in terms of moving back up to some extent.

There were times this year I thought it would be great to have Nick Daicos at half back and in the midfield. We missed the run he gave us in 22'. We're going out and doing the next best thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back