List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks we're being bent over for Houston.

He's not a Petracca or Cripps or Jeremy Cameron, he won't be the defining factor in us going up the ladder.

Giving up Noble, Richards, a future 1st rounder and pick 36 for Houston and Pick 50-****ing-8.

Hine has done it again, we have not seen enough return on this trade and have 3 draft selections in the 50s

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Knew it was too good to be true.

So instead of getting pick 23, we are giving away pick 36, our highest pick.

So essentially a 28 years old Houston for:

• future first
  • pick 36
  • noble (worth 25)
  • richards (worth 40)

Almost feels overs after being happy with the initial reports.

More shattering because a top 25 pick in this years draft almost guaranteed us to get one of whitlocks/shannahan, allowing us to finally get a young quality kkp, pretty much giving us a cheat code to get a quality player without a high first round pick.

Haply to get Dan but abit annoyed on the end.

In the end, all goes back to getting shafted in the Schultz deal. That pick 10 would have been worth gold this year and pretty much got Houston on its own.
Definitely overs with the 36 thrown in. But we get pick 50 or so back in return

But who cares. Pay overs to get quality and give away some mid tier players .

At the end of the day would you prefer to wake up tomorrow with the knowledge Houston is ours or that we gave up the opportunity to get him due to the squabbling over pick 36?

Besides I kind of get a giggle out of Leppa ever thinking we could hold 23 after any deal for Houston.

We couldn't even get that bloody pick out of them! LOL.

He surely knew that (retaining 23) was never anything more than a ambit claim.

He's not a Petracca or Cripps or Jeremy Cameron, he won't be the defining factor in us going up the ladder.

Giving up Noble, Richards, a future 1st rounder and pick 36 for Houston and Pick 50-****ing-8.

Hine has done it again, we have not seen enough return on this trade and have 3 draft selections in the 50s

Go back to reddit and stop blaming Hine for something he has nothing to do with.

From HS top 60

41. Kayle Gerryn - 199cm fwd/ruck
42. Adrian Cole - 194cm def (St Kilda NGA)
43. Tom Sims - 199cm fwd/ruck
44. Charlie Nicholls - 197cm fwd/def
45. Floyd Burmeister - 199cm ruck/fwd
46. Nathaniel Sulzberger - 187cm fwd/mid
47. Xavier Ivisic - 180cm fwd/mid
48. Joel Cochran - 194cm def (Sydney Academy)
49. Josh Dolan - 177cm fwd/mid5
50. Clancy Dennis - 195cm def
51. Lennox Hofmann - 190cm def (St Kilda NGA)
52. Lucas Camporeale - 184cm mid/def
53. Jasper Alger - 183cm fwd
54. Bailey Mckenzie - 191cm fwd
55. Riley Bice - 185cm def (mature ager)5
6. Malakai Champion - 172cm fwd (Eagles NGA)
57. Tyler Welsh - 191cm fwd (Adelaide F/S)
58. Sam Davidson - 191cm fwd (mature ager)
59. Sam Toner - 186cm fwd
60. Gabriel Stumpf - 196cm key fwd

Tom Sims is the one. Rate him really highly.

Our 23-29 age group will now stand at

Beau - 23
Bobby, IQ - 24
Perryman, Jaicos - 25
Schultz, Lipinski - 26
Houston - 27
Maynard, JDG, Moore -28
DC, McStay - 29

Add in Nick at 21, Allan at 20, Harrison at 20 plus McGuane next year

That's 14 of our best players in the perfect age bracket, plus Allan and McGuane who we are super excited about, and our older guys

Crisp, Titch, Mihocek, Elliott (32) who are all 31

21 guys who should be with us for at least the next 3-5 years, and untried guys like Jiath and Demattia at 19, am I one of the only ones who think we are in a REALLY good spot moving forward? With opening $ space, no reason we can't top up and try poach guys like LDU/Trac and potentially some KPP depth.

Last edited:
Yes, but we are two years older. This will be our last year to contend then we will disappear I reckon
Disappear where? Maybe we lose Sidey, Pendles, Elliott, Michell, Howe and Cox over next 2 seasons. I may have missed someone but I believe our list is not completely falling off a cliff with some smart acquisitions like Houston, Perryman and even Schultz (I know...). Key position depth is a slight worry.

He’s worth two first rounders. You need to start watching footy.

Watch Brisbane this year? And Zorko? Transition from defence wins flags. He’s a better ball user than daicos.

Graham wright would have given them 12, 14 curnow Cripps and wetering if he’d been let loose earlier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was assuming they meant numerically above. If they meant earlier than 35, then the answer is clearly Nick with it being too early to tell about Ed and Demattia

Oh sorry

In the end, Hine would have wasted picks better than 36 anyway

His specialty is at the level of picks we have. I feel far more comfortable trusting Hine with Pick 58 than I do Pick 13

In 3 years there will still be young talent from GC and GWS to raid as they can’t pay them all.
Trading is becoming arguably better than the draft to build your team and it’s only going to increase.
By the time Tassie’s talent are all looking to come home, like GWS players especially, we will all benefit again.
And in saying that it didn’t exactly propel the Suns and Giants into instant winners. It took nearly five years before GWS were pretty good.

And look at North for example, literally being HANDED first rounders and they’re still planted at the bottom of the ladder.

Essendon as well, also had multiple top 10s and most have been role players or list cloggers

Take their 2020 draft, three consecutive Top 10 picks and all of them meh. Reid was injured, Cox is a role player at most, Perkins has regressed. Even Tsatas and Hobbs can’t get a game.

You probably aren’t the only one, but it’s not a very sensible group you’re aligning with

Yes, but we are two years older. This will be our last year to contend then we will disappear I reckon
Disagree. This move keeps us in it in 2025-27

We haven't just replaced 2023 Pendles and Sidey, we've just upgraded them.

And it's not just WHE and Checkers getting two years older. It's also Nick, Hill, McCreery, Josh, IQ.

We're going to need to poach a forward soon with our two best in Elliott and Checkers getting on. But Im not sure why people think we wont be able to.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back