List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

They think the kid they want will get to 12 - which will effectively make 14 for Baker a freebie.

I guess they only want that kid because he's the best WA prospect?

Carlton might well find at player at 3 who can make a difference next year and the next 10 but I don't really mind them putting all their hopes in 1 rather than spreading the load across 2 in a so called "super" draft.

I hope it backfires.

I guess they only want that kid because he's the best WA prospect?

Carlton might well find at player at 3 who can make a difference next year and the next 10 but I don't really mind them putting all their hopes in 1 rather than spreading the load across 2 in a so called "super" draft.

I hope it backfires.
Hope he ends up as successful as their last No 3 pick Paddy Dow

While it remained possible that the deal could be revived on Tuesday, there was also the possibility that the Suns would seek to broker a deal for Noble without including Lukosius. They can also do a separate deal to trade pick 13.

Why on Earth would we trade Noble to GC as a stand alone deal? Why do anything to help them out? They’ve stalled, played hardball, backflipped and done nothing to help us get what we want in return for them getting what they want. If we’re not gonna get Houston then we need to keep Noble - or GC will have to pay a premium price to get him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

100% that’s even more idiotic. We are screwing everything up by making these insane deals.

Sure we don’t need the picks in this draft, but we need to use asset management and not just give shit away.

Although again not what you wanna hear, but unless you trade other players, only North have the assets to fairly land Houston. Anything else will either screw Port over or us.
Sorry mate, the only joke deal here is the one GC have offered for Rioli. You might wanna spend more time complaining about that one.

From current reporting it does seem there's some chance Port walks away from the deal. They're obviously trying to convince Houston to go to North, but in doing that they may have disgruntled his camp. Given that we beat them out for Perryman it's understandable they'd be reluctant to deal with us, but if they do end up walking away after such a long negotiation, where the main pieces never changed, that's in pretty bad faith. Not much more we can do, if Port wants more we'd probably have to lean on the Suns.

More than likely this is yet more brinkmanship that we see in many deals and that the trade is finally finalised.

I think Port just want more full stop. If the three-way deal is still happening I doubt they really care how they get more or who from.

To be honest, Port seem to be accepting of taking on over $2m/year of salary from Gold Coast and are still expected to hand over their F1. So I think Gold Coast need to give a little here.
I too thought it had to be Suns which Port wanted more from.. because we simply don't have anything else to give.

They're both getting a player each from us which they obviously want or they wouldn't have offered them 4 year contracts.. they know we don't have any picks 🥴

Surely Suns want this 3 way deal to get done so they can concentrate on getting Rioli.

So Carlton officially out of the race (if they weren't before) after this pick 3 upgrade.
Dan doesn't want to go to North.
After this evenings shenanigans with Port leaving a bad taste in Dan's mouth, he likely doesn't want to stay there.
If the Collingwood deal falls through, going to leave one really unhappy player.

Might be time for Dan to come out tomorrow morning and nominate us to put the pressure on Port. Can word it as the past weeks dealings have led him to believe that Collingwood would gain his services and as a result he would like to nominate us as the team he wants to play for next year and beyond.

If this all falls over, I reckon we should just hold Noble to his contract, rather than doing a stand-alone deal. Fcuk GC for mucking everyone around, taking an eternity and paying stupid overs for Rioli.
No Houston = Noble stays without doubt.
Looking at the Power board and Suns board, they are both united in their belief that we are not giving up enough in the 3-way deal.
Whether all of us on here think we are, they do not.

I too thought it had to be Suns which Port wanted more from.. because we simply don't have anything else to give.

They're both getting a player each from us which they obviously want or they wouldn't have offered them 4 year contracts.. they know we don't have any picks 🥴

Surely Suns want this 3 way deal to get done so they can concentrate on getting Rioli.
I don’t know that Port want more from the Suns. The Port and Suns boards aren’t running their negotiations but quickly reading through both threads, it’s the Pies who are getting off too light according to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know that Port want more from the Suns. The Port and Suns boards aren’t running their negotiations but quickly reading through both threads, it’s the Pies who are getting off too light according to them.
Why did Port bother even giving us pick 58? We'll just give it back. Easy fixed.

And who cares what Suns think about our dealings with Port for Houston? It's none of their business. They've done alright out of this 3 way deal.

Why did Port bother even giving us pick 58? We'll just give it back. Easy fixed.

And who cares what Suns think about our dealings with Port for Houston? It's none of their business. They've done alright out of this 3 way deal.
I agree. I was just checking back through the reported deal. If Port want a late pick, then they can keep their pick 58.
If that’s the difference between getting Houston or not, stuff pick 58.

Being awake at this time is the best because you know no garbage new rumours by journos are being released. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if John Ralph is in his PJ’s right now, drafting tweets to send out first thing in the morning.

Last edited:
Without trading Houston, Port and its fans can be content with the fact they wont have a pick in this years draft until pick 39.

And no 1st rounder next year if they decide to do the deal with GC on its own.

If North were truly in the race for Houston it would make more sense for them wouldn't it to deal 25 and a F1 directly to Port?

Sure Port miss on the pick 13 this year but they'll probably walk away with a top 3 pick next season. It's well worth the wait!

Of course they could turn that NM F1 into valuable picks for this year.

If NM aren't prepared to offer anything more than a F1 for Houston (unlikely) knowing it's potential value then what PA could gain from that would be on par if they can get 13 and 23 + out of the current proposal.

Personally I think NM are only interested in 13 if they know it lands them Houston and would be better targeting Fremantle's even better pick 11 if they really wanted back in using their valuable F1.

If North were truly in the race for Houston it would make more sense for them wouldn't it to deal 25 and a F1 directly to Port?

Sure Port miss on the pick 13 this year but they'll probably walk away with a top 3 pick next season. It's well worth the wait!

Of course they could turn that NM F1 into valuable picks for this year.

If NM aren't prepared to offer anything more than a F1 for Houston (unlikely) knowing it's potential value then what PA could gain from that would be on par if they can get 13 and 23 + out of the current proposal.

Personally I think NM are only interested in 13 if they know it lands them Houston and would be better targeting Fremantle's even better pick 11 if they really wanted back in using their valuable F1.
North tried to offload 25 as part of a deal for Caleb Daniel but it was turned down. Obviously not expecting to try and use it as part of any Houston deal.

However the biggest sticking point was (and still is) that Dan doesn't want to go there, if he did Port wouldn't have given a shit about us and our link to an uncontracted Richards and the trade would have happened last week.

North tried to offload 25 as part of a deal for Caleb Daniel but it was turned down. Obviously not expecting to try and use it as part of any Houston deal.

However the biggest sticking point was (and still is) that Dan doesn't want to go there,
if he did Port wouldn't have given a shit about us and our link to an uncontracted Richards and the trade would have happened last week.

I don't disagree but the media muppets keep bringing them up as an option.

It would take a 180 from him from here for it to occur.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back